Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 30

Old 05-17-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Mariah, it's exactly this point when you can break through that pattern. It's SO important that you don't listen to that AV, it will only come back stronger next time. Let it know that you mean business this time. It's like a small child in a supermarket, if you give in to the demand for sweets on one visit - then you'll be hounded mercilessly the next.

This is a crucial point on your journey - getting beyond this hurdle will strengthen your resolve and weaken that AV immensely.

You CAN do this!
Old 05-17-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Tops, that's a cunning idea. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend. I feel a "mad professor" moment coming on
Old 05-18-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Free.....no chance of me drinking as I plan to continue with the Antabuse for awhile but I know that's a deterrent, not the fix. Its my choice to take it & I do feel like I'm giving alcohol the boot each time I do...... making the choice to not drink. I threw myself into a little cleaning job & thought about what I was feeling, acknowledged the feelings. Something I need to practice good day all!
Old 05-18-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Great stuff Mariah!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello Fools.

Still here, everything is same old same old.
I do go to see the neurosurgeon a week from tomorrow. Hopefully that will be the start of something good.
It better be. I can't keep doing this day in and day out.

Everyone take care of yourself, keep up the good work obo and Mariah.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good to see you Up! I hope your appt goes well & things move forward. Hard when you feel stuck. Off to a work activity! Summers here!!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Good to see you UP, I hope at last you'll get some effective treatment. Chronic pain is difficult to live with.

I'm faced with a day of paperwork
Old 05-19-2017, 01:49 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes UP - and all the Fools

D
Old 05-19-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

In for the bargain - busy day ahead.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I'm in too.

Had a really productive day at work - my to do list has been obliterated!

Have a great sober weekend everyone.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Administrator

me too

D
Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

TGIF.......has been a long busy week & I am whooped. Came home after work & was about crawling out of my skin so I got in the car & drove out to a park on the river, saw a big red headed woodpecker doing his thing picking a fishing pole up from my brother tomorrow, going to put a lawn chair in the trunk & go chill some where away from here! have a good Saturday all!

Nice work on the obliteration Free!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

That sounds a lovely way to chill out Mariah.

I'm skipping my run this morning - I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Hoping it's not a cold coming. I might get my skipping rope out later this morning and do some skipping intervals in the garden instead. I can listen to some Fleetwood Mac tracks on my iPod for a bit of motivation.

Did your Friday go well Mariah?- you mentioned that your supervisor would be off - did it go ok (despite finishing up "whooped"). Were you whooped in a good way or not such a good way?
Old 05-20-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Yes, it went well Free hope you are feeling better & have a good restful day

Awake early this am.......lounging with a good cup of joe before I go out to water. Expected to hit 90 degrees here today. My youngest Son graduates from High School the first week in June & I'm late in getting announcements ordered so working on that this am. He called me yesterday to tell me about a new job he will be starting after he graduates.....the other Son called me last night & we talked for an hour. Oldest will be moving back here to the area next month......life is good
Old 05-21-2017, 12:11 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

So glad to hear things are going well for you Mariah.

I'm still feeling a bit run down, so I'm staying home today - not seeing my Mum. I feel a bit guilty, but I think it's better not to risk passing on any bugs to her. My dad will feel a bit let down I'm sure, but I think it's the best option.

I'll enjoy recharging my batteries here, maybe indulge in an afternoon nap? Who knows. It feels like I have a free day at home (albeit a somewhat sickly one)

Hope everyone's doing well this weekend.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope your feeling better Free & try not to feel guilty about taking the day to take care of you....we're terrible that way rest well

Mis hap on the ladder this am, could have been bad but thankfully only bad scrap/bruise on the leg. I decided to go to the river after that & went to a favorite spot down river.....nice little beach & had it mostly to myself for 3 1/2 hrs. I was surprised with how hot it is that I did not see one person floating today. Enjoyed the birds & sound of the rapids & my feet in the water. It's the little things. Pretty zapped now from so much Sun......early night.

Hope things are good with All
Old 05-21-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Thanks Mariah. I am finding it quite tiring, going to see my parents every Sunday. My father has become quite dependent on my visits. My spiritual practice is helping enormously, and I'm trying to "be present" as much as I can. But my mind still jumps in with some really unhelpful thoughts. I'm just so grateful I'm not drinking - that would have made a difficult situation in to a nightmare.

I'm so looking forward to my trip to London in September, to see Eckhart Tolle. I'm looking forward to that one evening even more than my two weeks in Croatia.

Your day at the river sounds very tranquil Mariah. It's a great time of year isn't it?

Happy Monday everyone.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Headed out to water the garden. Almost 100 degrees here today. Feeling overwhelmed today....lingering uneasiness from last week. I'm hoping this passes soon.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:15 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed at the moment Mariah, I hope it has dissolved by now. It would be so nice if we could wake up every morning, without getting bogged down by stuff that happened yesterday or stuff we fear will happen tomorrow. Just remain present in the here and now. One day it'll click for us I'm sure.
Do you have a meditation practice at the moment?

I'll be picking some home grown greens for my salad tonight. I love dinner fresh from the garden.
Then I'll be watching the Chelsea flower show on tv for some inspiration.

Tops, does your weekend start today? How are you managing with your work hours? I hope you're not getting over tired.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

My heart goes out to all in the U.K. So pointless & tragic.

Thanks Free......I really don't have one but have had to do some the last couple days & really need to make it a practice but I am much more concious about finding time to just relax & being in nature is meditative. Just back from a coast trip for work & was a great time & beautiful day with some special people!
Very hot again & relaxing for a bit Before I head out to water.