Notices

Cheers for Venuscat Part Two

Old 03-28-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Suze:
Don't let the paper pushing depersonalized bureaucrats get you down. "Illigitimis Non Carborundum!".
As for gender angst, why not tell Willow when she arrives that she's going to be called "mate" Aussie style. That takes care of all possibilities.
Today is some kind of National Cat Day in the U.S. Check out the nice Op. Ed.. in the N.Y. Times.
I lived in Kansas City and spotted a twister about a half mile away.. The chances of you're getting hit by one are miniscule compared with a car accident.

Geezer
Old 03-28-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Lovely! All Lovely! Especially the two of you.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Suze, Keep your eye on weather forecasts. you're 1 1/2 hours north of me and I don't plant annuals till Mother's Day, or later. Just make sure you cover them, if you get a freeze. I too am itching to get gardening
Old 03-28-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Not to worry, there's a goat here who will eat the flowers that might hurt our lovely Suze
You are a very good guy, Goat.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Suze, Keep your eye on weather forecasts. you're 1 1/2 hours north of me and I don't plant annuals till Mother's Day, or later. Just make sure you cover them, if you get a freeze. I too am itching to get gardening
Hello love....and thank you, and they were only one dollar forty nine for six petunias, and if they freeze I will learn my lesson and plant them when you tell me I should have planted them.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Try covering them with plastic grocery bags if frost is in the forecast
Old 03-29-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

They are doing just fine....not that you can see much yet.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
They are doing just fine....not that you can see much yet.

When we lived in Brooklyn Heights I certainly could not afford $1.49 for even six petunias, much less afford all the stuff that you have.! My annual income was only $3500 ($1300 went for rent). The only plant we had was a Rose of Sharon that someone else had planted (maybe Henry Ward Beecher if he got a break from fooling around with his friend) and there was a naked man in a window just across the way. As you know we had a black cat, which we named the Monster of Depravity, who beat up all the other neighborhood cats. Our family was poor, but we were very tough. So tough that folks might have mistaken us for Aussies.

Geezer
Old 03-29-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Ah ha...Aussies are very tough....I know that I am most definitely made of the strongest stuff. But I get that from my parents, who were Scottish and English from Russian and Polish parents. It is indeed an interesting mix.

As many of our friends here know, I have been very poor for years....it is only because of my dad's hard work that I have any money now. Nick and I decided to use a little to set up, and then my amazing man is going to take care of me. I am blessed all around.

And Bill ~ I appreciate beyond belief every single thing that we have bought for our home....I have NEVER had nice things of any kind before. Never. Until recently, the only things I have ever bought myself are the two laptops I own and my plane tickets to come here.

This is all very, very new for me. And it is new for Nick as well.
We just walk around our home every day and smile in disbelief....this is really ours. This is our life together ~ just the beginning in fact.

And your cat was truly gorgeous....I hope we can have a black cat. I really do.

So much love to you and your wife and wonderful Bosley.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Ah ha...Aussies are very tough....I know that I am most definitely made of the strongest stuff. But I get that from my parents, who were Scottish and English from Russian and Polish parents. It is indeed an interesting mix.♥
You are indeed. Tough, loving, caring, observant, resourceful, and smart as a whip

We will definitely have a black cat... it's time to start looking.

You have set us up so well, in such an amazing surroundings. Thank you so very much for all you have done for us. I am really looking forward to supporting us financially from here on... and to taking care of you every day for the rest of our lives
Old 03-29-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Oh wow, this was only yesterday.... The garden is amazing. I am completely in awe of your ability to transform a room/garden/whatever into a place of beauty and comfort. I want to sit in our garden with you every day surrounded by this beauty.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hi Suze!
I am SO HAPPY that you are beginning a new life. Russian, Polish,
Scottish, Irish! Now that's tough! And when you mix in Aussie I doubt that it gets any tougher than that. America is privileged to have folks like you and Nick.
One of my favorite movies is the one about Gallipoli in WW1 and the bravery of the Aussie's there. The so called "lost battalion", all gone, victims of English generals' blunders as well as misjudgment by Mr. Churchill.

Fondly

Bill and Boswell

Ah ha...Aussies are very tough....I know that I am most definitely made of the strongest stuff. But I get that from my parents, who were Scottish and English from Russian and Polish parents. It is indeed an interesting mix.

As many of our friends here know, I have been very poor for years....it is only because of my dad's hard work that I have any money now. Nick and I decided to use a little to set up, and then my amazing man is going to take care of me. I am blessed all around.

And Bill ~ I appreciate beyond belief every single thing that we have bought for our home....I have NEVER had nice things of any kind before. Never. Until recently, the only things I have ever bought myself are the two laptops I own and my plane tickets to come here.

This is all very, very new for me. And it is new for Nick as well.
We just walk around our home every day and smile in disbelief....this is really ours. This is our life together ~ just the beginning in fact.

And your cat was truly gorgeous....I hope we can have a black cat. I really do.

So much love to you and your wife and wonderful Bosley.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I'm on the side of your flowers and rooting for you both.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Yes, it's Spring and everyone and everything seem to be putting down roots.

Bill

Originally Posted by CH16 View Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CH16 View Post
It seems I have also put inside plants outside....my mum had prayer plants outside for many years, but it was Aus, so maybe it won't work here. And I also didn't know that one of the hanging plants ~ the pothos is not good for cats, but we don't have a cat yet....I may have to rethink it down the line. I also may have to move them, but for now they are pretty happy outside.

The flowers and I both thank you CH!!
Let's see if they can make it....I have faith. ♥
Old 03-30-2017, 09:05 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Everything looks absolutely gorgeous. You are very tough venuscat, and a really awesome friend that I'm lucky to have met. So happy that you and goat have each other. <3
Old 03-30-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Very lucky to have you as a friend too dearest Angie.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Very lucky to have you as a friend too dearest Angie.
All I can say is "You're all doing very well!", as the senile owner of Grace's Department Store on the TV show "Are you being served?" would say before falling backwards into the loving arms of beautiful, young female nurses."YOU'RE ALL DOING VERY WELL!"

Geezer
Old 03-31-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Good Day to You and all those following here.....................
Old 03-31-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Venus your house and garden are beautiful. The brickwork in the the courtyard, the white bricks in the lounge, your flowers, your taste. Fantastic job, and congratulations on surviving the journey. Did you get your bond back?

And you are in America now, and I sorta feel ripped off like, your ours

Very happy for you both venus, and I think Willow is a great name.

Hope the enrolment mix-up resolves quickly. Mate, where do you find blokes who'll look after you financially? Point me in the right direction.