# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 part 43

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-42-a-21.html

D
Old 03-10-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I hope everybody is looking forward to a great and sober weekend!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning class!! Heading out in a few minutes for breakfast with DH's parents...certainly glad you can't order drinks this early in the morning. Lol

Had a really good (hard) therapy session yesterday. A lot of talk of forgiveness and anger...which dont really go hand in hand...it seems choosing one or the other to embrace is important and a key to long term sobriety (for me at least) I didn't know I was angry - if anything I felt a lack of emotion - but another revelation is that depression's root cause can be anger and not knowing where to put it or how to deal with it. Hmmmmm. Anyways enough of that for right now. Thanks for listening. ❤❤
Old 03-10-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

PJ - thinking of you this morning. Hope you're doing okay. ❤❤
Old 03-10-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Well it was 60 degrees here yesterday and now this morning it is 30 degrees and snowing. Definitely has been a weird winter. Usually a snow day would = opportunity to drink, but my last binge/hangover is still fresh in my mind. I know it's only a matter of time before my AV is back, but for now I'm enjoying the peace.

Day 8 and looking forward to another sober weekend. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Thinking of you all and wishing everyone strength today.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Good morning all!

Well it was 60 degrees here yesterday and now this morning it is 30 degrees and snowing. Definitely has been a weird winter. Usually a snow day would = opportunity to drink, but my last binge/hangover is still fresh in my mind. I know it's only a matter of time before my AV is back, but for now I'm enjoying the peace.

Day 8 and looking forward to another sober weekend. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Thinking of you all and wishing everyone strength today.
LB why don't you do some relapse prevention searches before your AV hits you. Lotsa' good stuff on YouTube!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Kind of chilly here. Talk of snow later. How weird.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday! Going to get some work done. Talk more later.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TGIF Marchers! Nothing really new to report. It's going to be cold and rainy/snowy around here for the next week leading into spring. Stay sober this weekend all!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

We also strengthen our faith by working with other alcoholics and finding that we can do nothing ourselves to help them, except to tell them our own story of how we found the way out. If the other person is helped, it's by the grace of God and not by what we do or say. Our own faith is strengthened when we see another alcoholic find sobriety by turning to God. And finally we strengthen our faith by having quiet times every morning. Do I ask God in this quiet time for the strength to stay sober this day?

Meditation for the Day

My five senses are my means of communication with the material world. They are the links between my physical life and the material manifestations around me. But I must sever all connections with the material world when I wish to hold communion with the Great Spirit of the universe. I have to hush my mind and bid all my senses be still, before I can become attuned to receive the music of the heavenly spheres.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may get my spirit in tune with the Spirit of the universe. I pray that through faith and communion with Him I may receive the strength I need.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee, for the new thread.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee!

Purp - makes sense to me.

PJ - Hope you are well today/tonight

Bobbie - Happy freaking Friday!!

Sam - Hugs. Tough therapy = growth, even if it sucks at the time. Proud of you.

I let my temper read it's ugly head this morning. Need to keep that beast in check. I was angry when I dropped DD off at school and now am hoping it doesn't affect her all day. She's with her dad until tomorrow afternoon, so I won't get a chance to talk with her and apologize. I sent her a text with an apology and an I love you. But she won't get that until tonight. Bad mom moment. Boo. Those moments happened a lot when I was drinking. I know emotion is normal, and I'm much more even these days, but I still have a lot of work to do to make sure I'm not taking my frustration out on her.

It's a quiet day at work. Thankful for that!!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

CH - When my son was in 2nd grade I was really cranky in the morning. I let it all out on him, poor guy. I felt so guilty - I went and bought him a card and candy or something and took it to school for him. He kept the card. Still has it. Go figure.

Anyway - you're human. She probably forgot about it as soon as she walked in the school doors. We've all done that. Hope your day gets better. Love you.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh yeah. and Happy freaking Friday to you too!!
Old 03-10-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! Our beautiful So. Cal weather has returned! It was 85 yesterday and the day before. We've been out of the house a lot enjoying it. I have knocked out at 9pm the last 2 nights, that's been nice. Have a great day, Happy Friday, everyone.

It will definitely be a sober weekend here!
Old 03-10-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry all. Just to say that I have been following all of your progress. Believe in you. Me, not so much. You wouldn't even believe what it takes me to get out.

Wife chokes me, apologizes, says she didn't mean it. I'm like, I didn't even remember it. Give me more!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well, am glad you checked in. I believe in you. Maybe you should start looking into rehab. Might be the best decision you ever make.

I guess if you don't remember it - it's like it never happened? I'm sorry you're having a tough time.

Hugs, Pelagic.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Bobbieka.

I'm sort of a worst-case scenario, probably. But I still believe. I believe in all of you, dang sure. 100%. Do it right!

On the road again to bury my dad. Who was a big ****, oh well. Stuff happens.

Love to all.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss, Pelagic. You're in my prayers.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm also very sorry for your loss Pelagic. ❤
Old 03-10-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, Pelagic. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.