Old 03-20-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
you got this
Thanks Keets! That means a lot!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Super late check in. I'm good sober right now and feel I control of that. I'm working on the marijuana now. It's been 3 days without smoking and i feel great. My husband on the other hand insisted we buy more. I turned him down and he didn't care. So not only did he buy some he got 2xs the norm for me. I am aware of what is going on here. It's the same thing that helps with booze. He thinks I will be happy and not leave him. Something came to mind tonight when j was thinking about it. "The enabler" if you have read Steven king dark tower books you would get it. Anyways he kept pushing me to go smoke, it's just like drinking. Well needless to say I didn't smoke. I did go in the garage and worked out instead to pass time and ran 4 miles. Im in control of my drinking because I'm strong and this is no different 3 days will soon turn into 95 where I end the night. If you are struggling right now please find the strength to overcome it. I have learned that the pain is only temporary and you know the the saying. No pain no gain
Wow Keets. I'm really sorry your husband is enabling you like that. Way to stick with your plan. You are so strong! You are showing me that if you can do it....I can do it too! Thank you for that! You ROCK!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi guys. Ripping the bandaid off quickly, I drank for a week (extremely heavily) day 3 today. Grateful you're all here and that I know I can come back to this place.
So great to see you immri! We missed you & love you unconditionally. (((hug)))
Old 03-20-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Well....you guys are probably tired of seeing the "winking cat" avatar since I do this from my phone and have to respond individually to all of you. Haha. I've gotta take my son to the Orthodontis this morning and then lots to do. Im tired today. I wanna go back to bed! Ha. I'll check back in later. Love you guys!

Day 11
Old 03-20-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Morning class!! Just sitting here sipping some startin' fluid and contemplating the day... There is a step class at noon that I really want to go to but after my run yesterday in new shoes (don't get me started) I have developed a blister on the bottom of my foot that is being annoying....blah...anyways I am putting a pin in that for now and will decide later....

Purplrks - so, so, SO proud of you!!! What an amazing encounter!!

Keets - you sounds really good...I love the attitude!!

Immri - hugs! Glad you are back here and glad you moving forward

Great job on day 11 Kiki!!

Well off to get started....

Happy first day of SPRING!!!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi guys. Ripping the bandaid off quickly, I drank for a week (extremely heavily) day 3 today. Grateful you're all here and that I know I can come back to this place.
Nothing but love immri ~ glad you're here.

'Morning everyone

Spring has sprung and wishing a great day to all!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

I just joined the Road to Summer 2017 thread in the Fitness section....should be some good support in getting and staying healthy and sober
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
keep posting Immri, strength in untity
Glad to see you you back I like the strength in unity
Old 03-20-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
I just joined the Road to Summer 2017 thread in the Fitness section....should be some good support in getting and staying healthy and sober
That's a great idea I never thought about joining a fitness thread here. I bet there are tons like us in there
Old 03-20-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Good morning! Lots going on, hard to catch up.

immri - hugs to you. Glad you are here.

BBG - dude. You. ARe. the. MAN. I'm really proud of you.

There is so much more - but just want to say - love you all and thanks for endless support. My weekend with my daughter was amazing and I tried to drink in every moment. I also thought about how the weekend would have gone if I had still been drinking. Fact is, it wouldn't have. She wouldn't have told me about it. Sobriety keeps giving blessings.

Make today so awesome that yesterday is jealous!! (I stole that from someone, she must be pretty cool)
Old 03-20-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

That's a great idea I never thought about joining a fitness thread here. I bet there are tons like us in there
The fitness thread is great and there is a lot of leadership and encouragement there.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
The fitness thread is great and there is a lot of leadership and encouragement there.
I have to check it out now
Old 03-20-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Immri - glad you posted. Keep close.

Keets - way to go Keets! Sorry your husband did that.

BBG - WTG!!!!

Sam - hope your foot feels better soon.

Bobbie - so glad you had an aswesome weekend!

KIKI - Hiya!

Wrapping up work in the next hour. I want to make meatloaf for dinner, but am out of eggs. Feeling too lazy to hit the store on the way home. Especially because I don't know if DD will eat it. She can be hit or mis sometimes.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Welcome back Immri!!!

Good to stay strong, Keets! Nice work

Nice to see everyone......I'll be around this evening, hopefully a better night's sleep than last night ~ Way too much excitement ~ LOL

And of course I'm doing what I do best which is beat myself up for not taking the opportunity to talk to him more....I had his attention, I had the chance to ask questions and Pthththhhhh.... Shoulda, woulda, coulda..... .Anyway, I'm trying to focus on all the positive & learn to be better prepared next time (assuming there is a next time! Ha!)
Old 03-20-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

HELLO BODIES. Marching on. Autumn slowly starting here- lovely day. 0951 Choosedae. Hope all are all good.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Lucked out on the dinner front. Tonight was DD's school fundraiser at McD's. Over the years of having a kid, I am so McD'd out. But it was easy. And DD got to see some friends. Win win.

Purp - forgot to say, AWESOME!!!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Evening all

Good day today...didn't die in my step class...so that's a bonus But I am feeling mighty sore this evening...

Had a rough moment with my AV today. Needed to run out to grab a couple things for dinner and out of no where I had to really fight off the urge to stroll down the wine aisle. I was able to leave the store without purchasing anything additional and I was able to identify the trigger as boredom....so those are two positives that I will take from it. I would like to say the answer is simply to never be bored but something tells me that part of this process is going to be learning how to just be okay with sitting still, and doing nothing, and being bored sometimes....hmmmm....with still six days to go of my holidays I am going to have to be watchful I guess

No plans for the evening...maybe some internet hunting for new low-carb recipes.....
Old 03-20-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

CH - I loved evenings like that when my kids were little

PJ - Autumn?? Upside down world sure is a strange place...

Purps - Sleep well tonight!!

BBG - how many episodes of BBT tonight?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Kickass job fighting off the av, Sam! And those step classes are brutal! I need to take one of those myself!

Oh yeah CH, McD is always an easy go-to. Almost too easy for me sometimes LOL

Hi Phoenix! Glad to see you're marching along, and with some nice weather.....I'd like to make Australia one of my travel destinations some day. It's only what, an 8 million hour flight?

Bobbie ~ "Sobriety keeps giving us blessings" ~ I love that!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Only two Sam and they're over with! Looks like it's an Everybody Loves Raymond night again. It's on until 10 so that should get me asleep!