Administrator

Class of July 2013 Part 43

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-42-a-21.html

D
Old 05-15-2017, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for the delay in opening the new thread.

D
Old 05-15-2017, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm first after Dee!

Had me worried I would not be able to post tonight.

First, Croissant, I feel badly. I am sorry I did not acknowledge your posts but my brain has been a little foggy. I have read but not remembered much of the posts. I always find your posts helpful and insightful. I am never offended by your opinions. Stay just as you are.

Made it through the day. Thanks to all for the support.

All those with struggles are in my thoughts.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you could post Lulu - congrats on that day done and dusted.

thanks to Mags too for alerting me to the problem
Old 05-15-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did have one small disappointment today. I had found a SMART recovery meeting for this evening and emailed the facilitator last night to make sure it was still happening as I do not know how often they update the meeting lists. The meeting was quite a distance out of my way coming home from work, I did not want to go and then have the meeting not happen. I never received a response. I did register on their website this evening so I can at least attend online meetings.

Just had some huge hail here, hope my car is alright. If you could see my car you would realize just how funny that really is!
Old 05-15-2017, 09:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you signed up for online anyway Lulu
I hope your car is ok too!

D
Old 05-15-2017, 09:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee, if the car got a few dents no worries. It is 15 years old and beat to crap but gets me where I need to go and no payment! I could afford something newer if I liked, and I am sure I will need a car soon, but I just don't care about stuff like that, if that makes sense? I would rather spend my money on experiences than shiny, new vehicles.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm the same way

D
Old 05-15-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't know how much my neighbors enjoy my junker car being in the driveway but guess what? I don't care, lol.

I'm off to not sleep but I have to try. Thanks again for all of the support and sending healing thoughts to all who need them.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

'night Lulu

D
Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

G'night Lulu! Sleep well.

Thanks Dee!

My memory is not as good as it used to be (I blame the meds, prescribed!)

So I'll just say hi and love to everyone.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind wotds, Lulu. I'm sincerely very happy to see you got through the day.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Crois, please check my post before yours. I did ask about your tests. I'm sorry if you feel let down after all the support you have given me. Xxx
Old 05-16-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No no. Not at all, Snooz. I would have been writing my post when you posted yours. I never saw it. It wasn't directed at you at any way at all.

I was already feeling many things and felt what I said was overlooked, when a kind "good luck" would have meant a lot on the day when others were posting.

I already felt hesitant to share in case it was ignored when I was in a vulnerable state. Anyway. It's done and just explaining how it felt.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh Crois

I'm so sorry you felt that way. I'm 100% positive it wasn't overlooked. Bob said the ' guy thing ' and he's right, Shaun would NEVER ask someone what tests are about in case it was ' women's stuff ' lol

Women can be like that too sweetheart & you let us know things usually when you are ready to share.

I hope everything went well and I really want to know what it's for and do you need follow ups etc. is there anything we can do to help.

Never minimise your stuff because it's no different than any of our stuff.

Love you dearly

Old 05-16-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm worried about my sister in Townsville. She's having a meltdown.

I've listened to her drunken phone calls the last 2 nights in a row. I usually don't answer when it's after 7 pm. She wants me to go up there and it's a DEFINITE no from me.

She said I support everyone else but her.

Sometimes I think when I get myself together that she wants to see me fall. I dunno... maybe not . I said ' I have to go now ' then she got belligerent... said ' whatever ' ... you just go then.

Now I feel guilty even though she probably won't remember in the morning.

Arghhhhhhh !!!!! Lol ....life
Old 05-16-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Snooz- my dead bro used to call me 12 times a day- doing the pity party. I did the same. You know the deal. Stick to your bo8undaries. Crap about emotions- they seldom listen to logic. Look after yourself.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Pj thank you so much xxxx

I REALLY needed to hear that. I was lying here feeling guilty and you're absolutely right.

You have no idea how much your post just now has helped me. I'm so grateful

:
Old 05-16-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Considering what you are going through right now, Snooz, yes, your sister is being unfair.

Sabotage may be another thing. Maybe some subliminal jealousy that you were able to stop drinking.

Either way, look after you first.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello all, and thanks for the new thread, Dee.

Croissant, I'm sorry you felt the way you did about our response to your medical tests. I'd have to agree with what Bob said. I see you as a loving, giving, but rather private person. I would not presume to ask you what your tests involved, as you did not say, except that you were having some tests. It sounds like you were quite concerned about them.
I'd like to think that despite what others may be going through here, that there will always be support for each one of us. I mean, look at me and my ruffled feathers over the goings on at the theatre! Trivial perhaps, but I was so afraid I would lose it and burn my bridges. I posted, got wonderful support and I was able to keep my cool. We are all in this together!
I do hope that whatever your tests involve that there is a good outcome. If not, and you are in distress, share with us!!

Snoozy, thanks for updating us about your brother. It must be so difficult for him, his partner, your family. Is there no way the bank, or whatever, can give him a break on his mortgage due to his illness and being in hospital?
As far as your sister is concerned, don't ever feel guilty. Please look after yourself. My late sister used to behave in a similar way. Drank, abused benzos, she was bipolar and borderline, called me all the time in the wee hours of the morning, suicidal, mean. I eventually had to cut off contact with her, she was so cruel. You matter! You are doing the right thing imo.

Lulu, you're getting there! You sound a bit brighter.

I just heard an interview with Meatloaf about his upcoming Bat Out Of Hell musical which is coming to Toronto in October. I'd love to see it! But boy, does he ever sound arrogant! I had to turn off the radio!