Old 03-26-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

YAY PHOENIX!!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

What's up with you, Duff?
Old 03-26-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer! Trying to survive another weekend without my boys. It's hard - my little one called sobbing Friday night bc he missed me. His father is so stubborn - our schedule is not working but he won't budge so we have to address it in court. I'm trying very hard not to let resentment take over but it's hard!

Other than that staying busy and saw a lot of friends Friday and Saturday -- interesting one friend told me I'd pulled away from everyone for a while. I realized I had - it was too strange while we were still living together and I really didn't want to spend any time away from my boys that I didn't have to, it was just a strange time. But I'm getting back out there and even heard an old friend sing at a bar right in my neighborhood last night I was anxious that it would be a bunch of drunks but everything was pretty tame. Of course it probably helped that I was home by 8:30 both nights lol.

How about you, Gilmer?
Old 03-26-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

hi guys !
congratulations PhoenixJ---
Things are quiet here today ---had a very quiet eve. if you can believe that !
Now maybe today we can get through the day without bad words between H and myself.
It's a gloomy day so, think I will do a little baking. or maybe I will just curl up and start a good book.
Hope everyone is doing well--
Duff, glad to hear you are getting out and seeing people. You are a people person and I can see where it would be a lot of fun.
Babs
Old 03-26-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations Phoenix, you have really made a home for yourself here on SR, it's hard to imagine a time without your off the wall posts and artistic avatars. How are you settling in to your new(ish) home?

Duff, I tended to isolate from my friends towards the end of my first marriage. Some of it was self preservation, the marriage was failing but I couldn't quite face what I needed to do. Had I been around my friends telling them how bad things were, they would have been telling me to bail before I was emotionally ready to.
You are now in a place you can - and need to - lean on your friends, they will encourage you in a social life and help with adjusting to the new dynamics. I can only imagine how your heart broke when the wee man cried down the phone. My own heart goes out to you. X
Old 03-26-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

All is pretty good with me, Duff--thanks for asking. I have nothing new to report.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi Toots, thanks. My new temp. place is good. Here for a few months- then somewhere else for a bit longer, then hopefully my place. BUT here is good. I was just outside having a health ciggie. I realised that my whole life has been isolating. Dad was a priest- school and home, that was it. First major job- weird career (country academic) - very isolating- etc. This place mars the first time I am not isolating. Go figure. An achievement of sorts.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

You're doing well.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Sounds like good progress, PJ

Duff, I wish we could make this whole process easier for you but at least we can send you hugs and prayers and strength.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Duff, I wish we could make this whole process easier for you but at least we can send you hugs and prayers and strength.
Oh Sass, you have no idea how much those hugs, prayers and encouragement mean to me. It's so easy for me to focus on and share all the negative stuff but it dawned on me the other night when all my friends kept saying how happy I looked (over and over and over like I think they expected me to be wretched). I have my lower than low moments, but there are also many good moments that I don't acknowledge enough...

I love living here - I love the activity and energy, I love that I could walk to see my friend play his music right in my own neighborhood Saturday night! I love that the Marlins and Cardinals practice and play in backyard every day for spring training; I love walking my dogs here; I love that my boys have a massive park and can ride their bikes to play basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis and even a skate park (!!!) in their backyard; I love that it is decorated to my taste with my things; I love that I don't have to live with a man who I haven't liked for many years in a constantly toxic environment; I love that I don't have to see or be a part of his family anymore; and most importantly of all I love how peaceful my house is when I do have my boys here - so much less fighting, less stress, less drama.

There are times when I feel like I can't take the fight anymore but I have an attorney who has become a friend and who won't let me give up or even think like that; I have a family who won't let me give up; and I have you guys here to vent to and lift me up. I know this fight will have an endpoint soon and in the meantime I am going to try to focus on all of the good things as much as possible while staying strong to fight on.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyeone !
Duff you make me feel good just reading your post this morning. It was so up lifting and it's wonderful to have days like this. I love it. Thanks for sharing.
The weather here today is beautiful so, before it changes to rain or snow I'm going for a walk. Gotta luv that fresh air.
Hope everyone is ok---Have a good day.
Babs
Old 03-27-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

That really was a beautiful post, Duff.

Before long the trial will be behind you and hopefully you'll have closure.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I second Gilmer there Duff!!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Duff, me too!
Old 03-29-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
iv
Old 03-29-2017, 12:33 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

DD, not sure what you mean by that .... could it be that you are celebrating 4 years?
Old 03-29-2017, 12:37 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dig means 'me fourth'

..and me fifth - thanks Duff

D
Old 03-29-2017, 12:44 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
My roman numerals did not go over as planned.

4 years on 3/28/17