Notices

Class of March 2016 part 41

Old 02-09-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I made carnitas in my slow cooker today, then had carnitas tostadas for dinner. It really hit the spot!!

Woo hoo CH the big 40 tomorrow!

Good job Sam!!!!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

CH - Congrats on 1 + 1 !!

As I read through all the posts, and all the fantastic comments, I get the feeling that we are like a good TV show that is entering its second season. You know when you catch a show from the start, and it just gets better as the characters become more developed. Then that show becomes part of your life?!

Have a great night everyone, and thank you.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Kielbasa and potato soup with cracklin' cornbread for supper tonight. Then BBT. Have a nice evening everybody.

Mmmm! I made potato soup today too! It was delish!!!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thanks Sam. I hope to sleep better too! I'm
Exhausted! Meeting tonight & then a college financial planning seminar for our oldest son. I felt like my head was gonna explode by the time the speaker was done. He was so annoying! Omg! He was like a used car salesman on steroids! Lol!

Anyway....good night all!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
CH - Congrats on 1 + 1 !!

As I read through all the posts, and all the fantastic comments, I get the feeling that we are like a good TV show that is entering its second season. You know when you catch a show from the start, and it just gets better as the characters become more developed. Then that show becomes part of your life?!

Have a great night everyone, and thank you.
Like a drunken version of Seinfeld? Lol
Old 02-09-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Like a drunken version of Seinfeld? Lol
Actually, I can remember watching the very first season of "Friends" before it became uber popular. That is the feeling I get. But Seinfeld is a good one, too !
Old 02-10-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well no great news to share. People away and stuff does not happen sometimes. V-e-r-y hot. Did me art stuff, moving forward- maybe not with end product, but with my recovery stuff. I think I am getting it right. How does art tell? Patience in mixing colours. Pressure and technique of brushstrokes- if I am impatient or stressed and clenched- the picture tells 1000 words. If I do not take care or have lack of focus- why? What colours am I using? Violent colours, bland ones? Everything tells a story about me. Helps.
Have also 'joined' up with a national depression/mental health organisation- to share my story, be involved with media stuff, research participation and fund raising. Will see. Already in burns research as a lab rat. 'Poke John and see how he jumps!'.
Surrounded still by sad stories where I can see with awareness things about people they cannot see for themselves. I totally get that- having just graduated from 'obvious stuff about me 101'. The difference being some of these people use their impulsive, addictive traits to rule their lives and do not break the cycle- they do not or cannot listen to guidance.. Drugs- they stop and turn to alcohol. Stop everything- feel better- then relapse. As if getting clean or sober comes with an automatic feel good experience. Oh well.

With booze, I used to think I had options. Over time- they diminished. In the end there is only 2 options for me. I think you all know my thoughts on that. So I do not give in. Keep trying and posting. The split second decision to drink is the clincher for me. That is where the hard work is for me. To keep in place a plan, a daily support network. Making my sobriety as the equal most important thing in my life. To me and all- Take care of you. Do not drink.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi guys, gosh i'm bad at checking in here I guess i've become a bit complacent, a few days off 10 months so I guess that's what happens. Not good though.
It's been relatively easy to stay sober these last few months because I haven't been around alcohol at all. I've been so focussed on other things and have actively avoided drinking situations entirely, and haven't put myself in situations that would make my anxiety flare up. I've been pretty boring really, but it's been good. My social life suffered a bit and I missed a few work networking opportunities, but I think it's what I needed to do.

But tomorrow I have a work event I can't get out of, where everyone will be drinking wine all day, and i'm very nervous about how i'll handle being around it and having glasses offered to me for the first time in months...So I guess i'm just checking in now, so that I hopefully feel some accountability to come back and check in throughout the day tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi Immri!!! So glad to see you ~ I think you'll do just fine....Congrats on 10 months!!!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

The damn battle of the what-ifs won't leave me alone ~ normal, I suppose. You guys are awesome! Thanks for all of your wisdom....Dee I will go back and read that article again (and again, and again.....)

Second and final day off of work....thought about going back to sleep but I did enough of that yesterday....gonna see if there's a meeting I can get to this morning ~ plus I need to get my butt back to the gym!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good Purp. Keep up the good fight. You are not alone in this- we all walk the path together.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning!!

Good to see you Immri - congrats on ten months!! That's amazing!! Stick close today...we are here for you. ❤

Going in late to work today...both my boss's are off so....shhhh....lol

Be back later to check in...no drinking for me today
Old 02-10-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith in you too Immri - congrats on your sober time

D
Old 02-10-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I'm sippin' startin' fluid and planning my day.

Congrats on 10 months Immri. Hang in there tomorrow. You don't want to kill 10 months!!!

Wishing a great day to everyone!
Old 02-10-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers!
Congrats on day 40 Clearlyheaded! I have been waiting a whole day to say that!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Nice work Immri, I think you'll do fine. Checking in here was a smart move. Good luck!!

Congrats on the sober time.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning.

MITA - great analogy. I do really love the characters in our tv show. I can't wait to tune in every day.

Immri - hugs. Just remember - we are always with you.

Had my home group last night. It was like fresh air. I was so proud of them, the way they rallied around my son, like saying, "hey, Bobbie, we carry him with us too." We got in the car and my son went on and on about how amazing the meetings are and how truly happy he feels when he walks out. We do give good hugs - that's for sure.

So, Just for Today, I will not drink.

Just for Today, I will strive to be in every moment.

Just for Today.

Love you all. That's every day and always.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

Since I realized that I had become an alcoholic and could never have any more fun with liquor and since I knew that from then on liquor would always get me into trouble, common sense told me that the only thing left for me was a life of sobriety. But I learned another thing in A.A., the most important thing anyone can ever learn: that I could call on a Higher Power to help me keep away from liquor; that I could work with that Divine Principle in the universe; and that God would help me to live a sober, useful, happy life. So now I no longer care about the fact that I can never have any more fun with drinking. Have I learned that I am much happier without it?

Meditation for the Day

Like a tree, I must be pruned of a lot of dead branches before I will be ready to bear good fruit. Think of changed people as trees that have been stripped of their old branches, pruned, cut, and bare. But through the dark, seemingly dead branches flows silently, secretly, the new sap, until with the sun of spring comes new life. There are new leaves, buds, blossoms, and fruit, many times better because of the pruning. I am in the hands of a Master Gardener, who makes no mistakes in His pruning.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may cut away the dead branches of my life. I pray that I may not mind the pruning, since it helps me to bear good fruit later.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sarah - I think you are amazing and I am so proud of you for reaching 40 days! You are truly stacking up the days and growing! Keep getting it!!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I am/ I am Kramer.

My thoughts and support to all.