Notices

Class of March 2016 part 41

Old 02-09-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Well last night I went to the drugstore to get hair dye and an older man in his 60s got in line behind me with his jug of cheap vodka. I saw that look in his eyes, that I know all to well. He looked so beaten down, I felt so bad for him.

Also yesterday I went to buy my kids fish new glass bowls and in CA we have to either buy bags or bring our own. Since I had the weeu one in the stroller and not in a cart I just put the bowls in my bag then set that on the checkout counter. The cashier laughted and said even though I don't drink when you sat that down I thought you had beer bottles in the bag for a second from the clanking sound. I laughed and said yeah I don't drink either. You know what it felt really good to say that!!!

Day 40! Definitely a milestone for me. I absolutely know I've never made it this far before! I'm celebrating by cleaning my kitchen LOL I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 40, PeacefulRain!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 40, PR!! I'm one day behind you
Old 02-09-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

KIKI - I go on streaks where I stay up too late. I need to nip that in the bud. I feel so much better when I go to bed early. I'm trying to keep normal bedtime hours on the weekend too. Also, did you know being on a device before bed messes with your sleep? Good sleep hygiene is a goal of mine these days.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Well, that was stupid of me!

Thought for the day: Why do I insist on "keeping my options open" when clearly I have more options when I stay sober????

Just in case anyone is wondering, yes, drinking is still dumb.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

PR - 40 days is amazing! How liberating it must have felt to say "I don't drink either."

Purple - Hugs. You are not alone.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Wow, my sobriety tracker is racking up the days. Today is one month, one week! Woot!!
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. On my way home now, tea in hand. Might go out for dinner tonight or might just stay in.....haven't totally decided yet. Will wait for DH to get home and go from there. Hired a bunch of new people at work so after a couple messy weeks of onboarding and training life may just resume some normalcy....looking forward to that.

Wil be back later to catch up.
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Wow, my sobriety tracker is racking up the days. Today is one month, one week! Woot!!
Woohoo!
Old 02-09-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hi everyone. On my way home now, tea in hand. Might go out for dinner tonight or might just stay in.....haven't totally decided yet. Will wait for DH to get home and go from there. Hired a bunch of new people at work so after a couple messy weeks of onboarding and training life may just resume some normalcy....looking forward to that.

Wil be back later to catch up.
But for Phoenix you have to state the kind of tea....
Old 02-09-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

It's a straight black tea...pretty bitter...Kenyan Tinderet. It's good.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Well last night I went to the drugstore to get hair dye and an older man in his 60s got in line behind me with his jug of cheap vodka. I saw that look in his eyes, that I know all to well. He looked so beaten down, I felt so bad for him.

Also yesterday I went to buy my kids fish new glass bowls and in CA we have to either buy bags or bring our own. Since I had the weeu one in the stroller and not in a cart I just put the bowls in my bag then set that on the checkout counter. The cashier laughted and said even though I don't drink when you sat that down I thought you had beer bottles in the bag for a second from the clanking sound. I laughed and said yeah I don't drink either. You know what it felt really good to say that!!!

Day 40! Definitely a milestone for me. I absolutely know I've never made it this far before! I'm celebrating by cleaning my kitchen LOL I hope everyone is having a good day!
Poor guy. We all know that hellish feeling. It's terrible. I'm so glad you are doing so well! Day 40 is amazing!!!
Old 02-09-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats CH!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

KIKI - I go on streaks where I stay up too late. I need to nip that in the bud. I feel so much better when I go to bed early. I'm trying to keep normal bedtime hours on the weekend too. Also, did you know being on a device before bed messes with your sleep? Good sleep hygiene is a goal of mine these days.

Yeah...I need to stop looking at my phone in bed! I think I will try that tonight!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Kielbasa and potato soup with cracklin' cornbread for supper tonight. Then BBT. Have a nice evening everybody.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

BBG - I want some of your dinner!
Old 02-09-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Finally managed to take a shower and get to my drum lesson.....still pretty worn out but I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some rest tonight. I'd like to have at least one productive day off....that was definitely not today! A cup of tea sounds pretty good, actually

Hugs all around!
Old 02-09-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Evening class!!

Ended up going out for dinner - we tried out a new place here called Nando's....not sure if the Americans in the room have been before...it was pretty good! Ordered a milk to drink and didn't even flinch when handed the wine menu...just said "no thanks...I'm not drinking"

PR - 40 days is awesome!!

Purplrks - glad you're back...we are stronger together. Hugs to you too

BBG - enjoy dinner and BBT!!

CH - excellent milestone!! Congrats!!

Kiki - hope you sleep better tonight

Well I am off to get ready for bed and watch a little Gotham...not a great show but it's growing on me. Love you guys
Old 02-09-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you need to go back to drafting a plan purplrks?
It may be useful to BBG and thirteenth too and anyone else struggling.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

even if you've read it before I reckon a re-read and an immediately instituted action phase will help.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Thought for the day: Why do I insist on "keeping my options open" when clearly I have more options when I stay sober????
These are just my thoughts, I certainly haven't got this figured out by any means so take what I say with a grain of salt.

It really is so much easier when you finally take the option of drinking off the table. I am convinced that is the magic key to lasting sobriety, it is also the hardest to do. I honestly don't know if I have fully accepted that so those days when I start to wonder are the days I say ok I just won't drink TODAY. Some days I can focus on the big picture of never drinking again other I just have to get through that day. I didn't think I'd make it through the 1st week my husband was gone to be quite honest.