http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 02-04-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just passing through
Old 02-04-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Invited to dinner!!

Hi. 26 days sober and went to dinner last night with a friend that I have regularly imbibed with. She invited me and I explained I was not drinking. I know it was risky but I was resolute. She was drinking. I was even pleasantly surprised that we laughed a lot. Or tha I did! It gave me hope and I left feeling very proud of myself. But I know I would be better to avoid such temptation, especially in these early days.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 35. Checking in before bed.
Tonight my bf and I went to an escape room. Basically, you pay to get locked in a room with strangers and then you have 1hr to solve all these riddles and puzzles to get out!! Was hilariously hard but fun and something I would never have done before as drinking's not involved at all! We then went to a pub for some food and I happily sat and had diet coke and water while listening to the band. First time in a pub since New Years, but I was surprisingly content not drinking. That being said, I wouldn't make a habit of going and testing myself. As an added bonus, I had to do a double-take when the bill came...it's amazing how much money you save not drinking!!!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering

Good morning everyone.

Ina123 - thanks for yesterday's shout out to everyone!

Yesterday I got out for a walk on the moors close to where we live. It was brilliant. Yesterday afternoon I largely slept, and have slept really well the last two nights. I thought sleeping during the day yesterday might wreck last night's sleep but it didn't. It's like my brain has just noticed it hasn't slept for over a month and is catching up. It feels good to sleep well again. Long may that last, though I know it might not.

Weather forecast is good for this morning, so we'll probably head out for a walk again.

So it's still up and down for me, but yesterday and today I'm felling good

Happy Sober Superbowl to all our American friends.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi all, still reading and still sober on 35 days.

My app reckons:

I haven't consumed 123 drinks

I have saved £207

I have saved 15,000 calories.

I have also lost 3kg in that time and am working out 5-6 days a week.

I was feeling brilliant until I got a cold.... it seems to be passing now, so looking forward to feeling brilliant again.

Thanks for all the posts. I read daily.

Stilts
Old 02-05-2017, 01:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good on you Stsk.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Looking at a post above I am reminded that I have not drunk about 45 bottles of wine give or take since I quit. That is scary!

I seem(fingers crossed) to be coming out of a gloomy spell that has lasted a few days.

All the best to my fellow Januarians!
Old 02-05-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

day36.
Ina - thanks for the big shout out to many of us. It is a super early Sunday here. I am going back to bed. I don't want to say my insomnia is improving but it might be. My goal today is to 1. stay sober. and 2. stick to my to-do list. Yesterday was not successful, as far as getting stuff done, but I didn't drink and stuck to this routine. Opportunities for achievement await today.

Have a great, sober day, team mates wherever in the world you are . The start of a new, sober week and one more day of this journey.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Morning (or afternoon here). Thanks for the new thread dee Day 36 here. Feeling good. Just need to keep posting! Hope everyone is doing well x
Old 02-05-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Afternoon, JDM. It will be Monday here in 40 minutes. Have a good one.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning all. Was over on the weekender thread yesterday. Still here and day 36 of a relaxing (lazy - haha) morning with coffee and SR. Treated myself to some new bedding yesterday - comfy pillows and flannel sheets. Not something I would have done while drinking - treating myself to anything other than booze. Slept like a rock.

JackDs - yes to the posting. I found myself getting into that the last few days. Complacency is not a good thing for me. Thanks for the reminder.

Going to be warm here today. Going to get outside and enjoy the weather. Have some healthy snacks for the Super Bowl, and a pot roast for the crock pot. Love sober weekends.

Good day to all. Congrats to everyone on another 24 hours. CW
Old 02-05-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi classmates! On day 16 here!

Thank you Ina for your encouraging comments!

DBTD, sending love and strength to you. Difficult times but you are strong and brave and you will get through this. Best wishes to you and please message me anytime if you need an ear or even otherwise to reach out for support or a laugh.

I have been lately doing a lot of research into addiction and beginning to realise how much damage (unknowingly) we have been doing to our brains. Kinda wondering if there should be a more concerted effort into spreading awareness on the harmful effects of excessive alcohol consumption among teens and young adults as a way of prevention (in a more approachable and non judgmental way). Any thoughts?

Wishing everyone a sober and happy Sunday!

Old 02-05-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA - I've been doing my daily check ins on the 24 hour thread and the morning and night gratitude threads, but I've been so busy with work I haven't had much time to read and catch up on this thread. Then I had a cold and that put me in bed for two days, but I'm feeling better now and have the morning off! 4 weeks for me today, things are going well. Haven't had many cravings lately but I know they always come when least expected, so I'm staying vigilant. Glad to see so many people still here! I will try to check in more often this week.

Happy Sunday!

Thanks for the new thread Dee!
Old 02-05-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi class!

Weekend almost over I had a great weekend with the family. My 16th day with cola and coffee :-)
Old 02-05-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Morning folks - Day 30. Things are going alright, though I've been dealing with some anger and frustration the last day or so. Meditation this morning seemed to help and I'm off to my Sunday morning meeting in a little bit. Besides that I'm trying to get chores done - there's so much to catch up on but just trying to take it 1 day at a time.

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-05-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Morning, day 18. Startingover, I can relate to the anger and frustration, I'm filled with it. I've heard people share in meetings it's common early on.

My head is starting to feel much clearer. It's also like my awareness is in overdrive, where it used to be dull and foggy. Will take some getting used to.

Anyway, looking forward to this football game. Go Falcons. Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ina123 View Post
something I would never have done before as drinking's not involved at all! We then went to a pub for some food and I happily sat and had diet coke and water while listening to the band. it's amazing how much money you save not drinking!!!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
That's is so cool. New activity. Sober outing . Saving money. That's a win all the way around! Good for you!!
Old 02-05-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dontlookbacchus View Post
My goal today is to 1. stay sober. and 2. stick to my to-do list.
That is a very good approach. I think I'll start on the "list" technique. Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Today is day 8. Feeling a little better. I'm kinda at a loss as to what to do with myself on the weekends. So this weekend I have obsessively cleaned everything from top to bottom. But can't (won't) do that every weekend. Going to have to learn some new ways to occupy my time. I used to cook all weekend but that always included wine. Plus, I have no appetite right now.
At least there is football tonight. Go Falcons!