Notices

I Will Not Drink/Use Today Part 4

Old 02-05-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I won't drink or use today, either.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

happiest of days all! congrats on the party planning courage!
Glee, ah the house packing, not something I care to do again, although I did love throwing stuff and giving stuff away, drove my husband nuts, I think he has hoarder blood in him.
I have always been a morning person, get up and get movin, so when 9 pm rolls around I call it good and hit the sack.
I am not going to drink today and to celebrate I am heading to costco, spending lots of money, coming home and making my favorite clam & shrimp dip and watch the game, okay mostly the commercials and hopefully the half time show will be decent.

badge
Old 02-05-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Oh, is the Super Bowl today? Excellent! Have fun!

The last move I made was from a big house to a tiny condo. Lots of stuff was given away - the move happened really quickly. No regrets, but in the years since that move I've filled every nook and cranny with new stuff. A couple of my close family members had hoarder tendencies, so I have to be careful. Now I have everything I need and don't buy stuff. I can go months without buying anything other than groceries and gas for the car...and cat meds.

Not drinking today. I really need to get some serious exercise today after yesterday's "eat all the food" event here at the casa. Rain, rain, go away.

Go <insert name of some football team here>!!!
Old 02-05-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
p***enger

When I moved to a NYC apartment from a 3 bedroom house with land, I had two giant sales, sold everything from a snake to a car to ziploc bags to a pearl necklace, all cash. People showed up at midnight one night and bought my last chair out from under me!

For all of you fans, I hope it's a great Super Bowl! I'm gonna skype w/my son & paint my hair, & not drink
Old 02-05-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
When I moved to a NYC apartment from a 3 bedroom house with land, I had two giant sales, sold everything from a snake to a car to ziploc bags to a pearl necklace, all cash. People showed up at midnight one night and bought my last chair out from under me!

For all of you fans, I hope it's a great Super Bowl! I'm gonna skype w/my son & paint my hair, & not drink
Downsizing is so liberating, isn't it!!!!
Old 02-05-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
p***enger

Well it took me a few years of active alcoholism to get beyond and feel that way, but yes, it is!
Old 02-05-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

There's a lot to be said for living small. I'll never go back to the maintenance time-suck of a big place unless I have help; so that would mean getting married and having people on staff, lol. Like that's gonna happen.

My move was my choice, so I had no angst involved at all. It was all good!
Old 02-05-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Living small is the way to go for me; the thought of going back to a large house is down-right anxiety producing!
Old 02-05-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Not drinkin'...gooooo Falcons!!!!!
Old 02-05-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
p***enger

I had a very peaceful, substance-abuse-free day. I hope that whomever you like, they won
Old 02-06-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

good morning and happy monday to all of you who celebrate such things! I personally do not but respect everyone right to do so. nothing alcoholic will pass my lips today!

Badge
Old 02-06-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm not going to drink/use today!
Old 02-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
I personally do not but respect everyone right to do so.
^^^

Guten morgen! Count me in for this day's ride with no drink or drugs
Old 02-06-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

It's snowing! So lovely. We don't get nearly enough snow for my liking.

Breakfast is cooking and I've had coffee and now I'm just watching the birds search for their sustenance. Just now it's Hooded Mergansers. Yesterday there was an eagle in a tree on our property - a couple times s/he dove down to the ground near where the bunnies live and I was squinting, hoping to not see a bunny in the talons. Circle of life and all, but still. The eagle came up 0 for 2. Whew. I'd much rather see him/her with a fish.

I won't drink or use drugs today.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
p***enger

I really wish I saw more birds more often. I look at bird pictures, but it's not the same. There are great places in NYC to see birds but I like it when they're just all around, you know? Pigeons don't count.

I sent my siblings a link to the eagle cam. They all liked it. Thanks bim

Not the greatest day-- I got a paper rejected, really had my hands slapped on that one but it's my own fault -- but a sober one and that's always good!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello all,

It's a good day to be a Patriots fan. Where I live is divided betwen New York and Boston fans so we don't get the cool feel of being in a winning city. People just argue with each other after a NY or Boston win. My kids were excited to go on the school bus this morning to bask in the victory.

Courage - I'm glad the exit plan worked for you. I find it beneficial, too. In fact I used an exit last month at hockey mom game night. One of the moms was pushing my buttons about my husband's teeth that got knocked out (in a different rink at a different organization). I started to get really ticked off and made up an excuse to leave early.

Well off to do more packing. There's more stuff out of closets and drawers than in them. I feel the need to organize, but I'm about reaching the point where I all goes in a box labeled miscellaneous!!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
p***enger

Sounds good, glee -- remember if there's too much to handle, you can always take it out back and bury it.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

looking happily forward to another 24 hours of clarity.

Badge
Old 02-07-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I like the bonfire idea, Glee!

I had a very realistic drinking dream last night; in the dream I suddenly remembered the people who would be disappointed
Old 02-07-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

...I remembered the people who would be disappointed if I drank--but, alas, by then it was too late. I was really glad to find out it was just a dream!

Borrowed phone--I can't manage to make the cursor do what I want! I know exact