# 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congrats Sim

Congrats to you too on your milestone Joandmelandhan

D
Thanks Dee!
Old 05-20-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday! We have the grandson for an overnight visit so I'm still drinking coffee at 9pm I can't believe how fast he's growing these days.....glad I'm sober or else I'd be missing a lot in the blink of an eye!
Old 05-22-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Great to catch up on your good news...
Congrats on a new grandchild Oma Sim and great news on the counseling.

Jo, 1 month + sober, absolutely fab-u-lous!

I helped shifting 4 tonnes of gravel last weekend to make a path and I can still feel my back now.
Last year on my first 'dry' weekend I cut down a few overgrown hawthorn shrubs... they're now branching out again and it is a lovely reminder of how much I have changed in the past months. I'm very grateful to SR and all of you my friends.

Have a good week everyone.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hi again. I'm not feeling great tonight. It's been quite a sad day with the terrible news from Manchester and I'm getting quite anxious about my holiday. I kind of feel a bit like hiding away to be honest. Plus I feel very self centred given what others are going through. Went back to the docs today as my medication had run out. He retook my BP and it's exactly the same as it was 4 weeks ago. 147/88 I've been told I will get a BP monitor to take my own readings when I return from holiday. I am a bit gutted that my BP is still on the high side and so far have not said anything about my alcoholism. My aim was (and still is) to get to 3 months and have bloods done. This BP issue may mean I have to say something sooner and again I'm full of fear. Maybe I am rushing how long things will take to stabilise. Maybe getting sober is just the start of changes I have to make. I've told myself that as long as I don't drink that is all that matters. It has been manageable and I've let my diet, lack of exercise, coffee intake and smoking carry on. God I sound like a petulant child and am feeling irritated at myself just typing this out.
But share I must and that's how I'm feeling right now.
Love to you all ❤❤❤
Old 05-23-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

(((Jo))) so sorry you're feeling low sweetheart. It sounds like the upcoming hols are just what you need. Nice pool, cool sparkling water with cranberry, served by a dishy waiter, not getting up to go to the office, or the school run.... your BP will be on hols too.
You're doing so well Jo, there is plenty of time for everything.
Keep posting hun, lots of love x
Old 05-23-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Administrator

In the long term coffee smoking and no exercise are all factors in high BP Jo...but it sounds to me like you need a break more than anything right now.

I hope you enjoy your sober holiday Jo

Hi Elke

Hi to any other May folks reading

D
Old 05-23-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Thanks Elle and Dee. Yes maybe a break is just what I need. A complete getaway from the norm......
Anyway I'm fine, my girls are fine, my family is fine and thats what counts. Pity party over I have so much to be grateful for. Onward to another day.....sober and doing my best. Love to you all ❤❤❤
Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Thanks Elle and Dee. Yes maybe a break is just what I need. A complete getaway from the norm......
Anyway I'm fine, my girls are fine, my family is fine and thats what counts. Pity party over I have so much to be grateful for. Onward to another day.....sober and doing my best. Love to you all ❤❤❤
Good going Jo, have you started packing yet? I bet the girls are excited. If I don't catch you again, HAVE A GREAT TIME, vamos a la playa X
Old 05-24-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Thanks Elke! Yes we got most things packed on Sunday and I have tomorrow off work to finish off. Can't quite believe it's here and that I made it sober yippee!
I'll try and check in but if I can't ill be back here as soon as I return. Lots of love to you all. Jojo ❤❤❤
Old 05-25-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hi all
Old 05-25-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey tootiesdad - hows it going?
bon voyage Jo - enjoy that sober break!
Hey Elke

D
Old 05-27-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone & Happy Sunday! I've missed y'all but I've been AWOL for a good cause....I haven't smoked in 6 days! Sitting at this keyboard is a nasty little trigger for me to "light up", so I've been avoiding it like the plague! Exercise, some good reads, and chocolate.....lots and lots of chocolate...that's what I've been up to for the last 6 days.
Hope everyone is well!
Jo-Enjoy!
Old 05-27-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Elke-Happy Soberversary!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Oh geepers.... thanks Sim, that is so cool x
I'm so grateful to be sober and I'm very proud of my recovery so far too.

Congrats for giving up the nicotine again. I don't blame you staying away from what triggers you to smoke. So as long as we don't hear from you we know you're not smoking. LOL only joking. You can do it Sim. Don't take another puff.

Smoking has become very expensive in the UK. a pack of 19 or 20 cost over £8.

Toot and Dee, great to hear from you.
Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, hope you're all well.

Sim, you being quiet... well done girl, NTAP never take another puff

Thinking of you all xx
Old 05-31-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Hope all is well!
How are things going with the business Elke?
Old 06-02-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi all! Back home after a lovely week away. Weather was perfect and we had fun and most importantly I stayed sober.....yippee!!!!! It was a great feeling and despite drink being literally all around me (and free) I didn't feel the urge at all. Back to normal life again now which is fine I'm happy to plod along and do my best. Love to you all have a great weekend xxx
Old 06-02-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Awesome Job Jo!!!! So glad to hear the vaca was lovely!
Old 06-02-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Lots going on in the Sim household Lil baby girl is having a rough time (cholic). Her big sis is having a rough time too (jealousy). So Oma is on duty providing relief (snuggling screaming infant/entertaining and showering older sis with lots of attention and love).
The whole fam's coming over tomorrow evening so it'll be a full house-but I'll be in my glory.
I'm now a part-time smoker? Just in the evening. I can't seem to get off the fags! dammit!
In other areas, work continues to go well and I've now been contacted by my old employer asking if I would come in and work for them.....crazy boss lady's has resigned. No official offer as of yet.......not sure I would even want to but we shall see.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-03-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Sim I bet you'll be in your element doing your oma duties! Sounds wonderful and you're being relied upon which is even better. Hectic mind I'll bet! Have a great time with the family honey xxx
Just about done wash load number 3 after the hol. Want to get organized before work and fit in a bit of fun time with the girls too. I'm relieved it went well and they had fun. Fun is something I want to bring back for us all.
However I've not mentioned the bf's excessive drinking over the holiday. Not every day but the last 3 he was on the beer from lunch time and was clearly drunk. I said something once but he got defensive so I left it and basically left him to it. The girls obviously noticed and maybe I should have had it out with him but it wasn't worth a scene so I just smoothed it all over and carried on. On the last day he was very drunk and flaked out on the bed so me and the girls packed. It's tricky because he has been abstinent along side me and perhaps just wanted to have a blow out on holiday. I don't think he is alcoholic (can take it or leave it). It did make me cross and upset (to the point I could have cheerfully dumped him on thursday) but I didn't and now I'm just processing my feelings. Bloody typical alcohol is still an issue even though I'm not the one doing it! My current feelings are that my sobriety is the most important thing and if his actions jeopardise that then I will have to take action but for now I'll maintain the status quo......what do you reckon guys?
Have a lovely weekend and take care all ❤❤❤