Administrator

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 3

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-21.html

D
Old 03-01-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

2 hours and 1 water.
Had a great time. This can be done. Odaat.

Hey Bix!!!☺️🕺☺️
Old 03-01-2017, 01:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trees - visited the previous page so I'd know what your post meant. Sparkling water with lime! One of my favorites. Great that you were able to socialize for a couple of hours without being overwhelmed!

HoneysJoy - You've got your first 7 days in! Such an accomplishment.

I fell asleep reading a thread and just rolled over on to my phone! Had a slight scare when I looked at the screen to see a phone number ready to dial for some teen recovery place advertising here. Now I'm awake at 4AM. On the bright side, I was able to sleep!
Old 03-01-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning! I went to bed early and slept really well. Trying to be early for work today. I'm feeling good! Sometimes the evenings are a little hard still, but if I can just remember what a relief and joy it is to wake up in the morning not feeling sick, I think I can keep motivated.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. The urge to drink was super strong for me last night. I was fantasizing what it would feel like to drink and thinking of old memories of drinking. It seemed to come from no where, but I didn't give in. I have to be careful and have a plan when this happens. I could see how easy it would to drink if I was feeling this way and driving past a liquor store. My appetite was strong as well and I ate ice cream before I went to bed. It tasted good, but I do not want to get in the habit of doing it nightly. I feel pretty good this AM. I'm thankful for not being hungover. Have a good day.

Day 10
Old 03-01-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by starstarstar View Post
I fell asleep reading a thread and just rolled over on to my phone! Had a slight scare when I looked at the screen to see a phone number ready to dial for some teen recovery place advertising here. Now I'm awake at 4AM. On the bright side, I was able to sleep!

We had very strong thunderstorms overnight and the crashing thunder woke me up several times. Yawn.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had a hard day yesterday. 11 hours at work that is likely to stay that way the rest of this week, if not month. Coworkers gleefully inviting each other for after work beers at 5:15 when I know I have at least 2 more hours to do. I came home and argued with my wife. I wanted to give both them the finger and drink. I realized I would only hurt myself. I want this way of thinking to stick. Day 4.

PS: way to go Gabriel.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow classmates. For those struggling please keep up the good work. It seems to get better each day. Day 20 for me today.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Gabriel, Good that you weren't driving by a liquor store - you can plan ahead now and prepare. Cravings really do pop up at some strange times. Ice cream's such a lovely comfort food!

Sober/Karen, Going to work early is great! I hope that results in a relaxed, calm, accomplished feeling throughout your day.

PurpleCat, It's dangerous being on this site when you're using a phone! lol...
I swiped the screen and called some Lighthouse Treatment place once, hung up before they answered and then worried that they were going to call me back or trace my phone # and come get me. Crazy thought.

axeman, Good job not drinking after such a long, tough day. Stay strong, it'll be worth it.

RetiredGuy, 20 days! You're doing so well.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Looking at the calendar and its been 18 days for me and irritability is off the charts!! I can feel it! I don't even want to talk to anyone because I feel a can of whoop a** coming for them whether they deserve it or not!!! Hopefully this passes soon or I'll be the one getting my a** whooped, probably by my wife

I hope everyone has a great next 24 hours
Old 03-01-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabriel1 View Post
Good morning everyone. The urge to drink was super strong for me last night. I was fantasizing what it would feel like to drink and thinking of old memories of drinking. It seemed to come from no where, but I didn't give in. I have to be careful and have a plan when this happens. I could see how easy it would to drink if I was feeling this way and driving past a liquor store. My appetite was strong as well and I ate ice cream before I went to bed. It tasted good, but I do not want to get in the habit of doing it nightly. I feel pretty good this AM. I'm thankful for not being hungover. Have a good day.

Day 10
Congrats on Day 10! I'm on Day 2. The urge was super strong for me this morning! Luckily, I was able to focus my attention on the large amount of work I need to get done today - which would have been impossible after a few drinks!

Keep on hangin'!
Old 03-01-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 10 here.

Had my monthly book club meeting last night with about 10 of my girlfriends. The wine was flowing, but I took coffee from Starbucks and made it through.

Was really nice not to try to calculate when to start and try to stop drinking by so that I could drive home sober.

Not sleeping well - wake up often so have been pretty tired this week. Better to wake up tired than wake up hungover, though.

Having crazy warm weather here in the Northeast right now (near 70 today) so took my kids for a long walk this morning and fed ducks. It was so nice.

Hoping to get a nap in this afternoon and do some reading.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi all
Glad to see everyone is being strong
Day 28 for me too
Busy at work this week and next probably
But feeling ok so far today
Keep on everybody
Old 03-01-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Meow

Anyone else finding that eating fruit really helps? I find it satisfies the sweet cravings and fills me up.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've never liked bananas funny enough but I'm really enjoying them at the moment - and I've started with the pink lady apples which are lovely
Old 03-01-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Work remains tough today. This clear head, though!!! I'll take one of those again tomorrow. Not drinking tonight for sure.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I can't believe it's March! One month down everyone! Sounds like most people are doing well. Congrats and keep it up!
Old 03-01-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Readytodothis: My thoughts exactly, March already!!

Thank you to everyone on here, I've not been posting much as work has been hectic which has meant a few moments of big temptation but looking on here for even 5 minutes has made all the difference. It's amazing to think we are all most likely from very very different walks of life but are sharing this experience (ups and downs) together.

25 days and I feel I've turned a corner this week, physically I'm exhausted but the stress levels are down (work aside) and physically and emotionally I can feel myself returning.

What's really worked for me is constantly reminding myself how bad things were getting when I get complacent. Just picking a few memories over the past year has jolted me back to a good place and although the habitual temptation is there my fear of going back is winning.

I have anxiety, Underlying depression and seriously crippling self doubt but I'm me and I'm hoping I can re learn to love myself (I'll take like for now) during this process.

Hope everyone is doing ok, keep strong and keep going....it will be April before we know it

GB
Old 03-01-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning people,

We all seem to be getting some time up now.....which is great.
Had to face up to dentist for some serious work a couple of days back and still feel a bit 'off'. Tired, aching....bad sleep, some sort of roadworks outside at 5a.m. ....c'mon. Go to bed too late, up at dawn.....but not hungover. Stop eating too much chocolate.....and go get into some work.

Have another good day all.....see you at the other end

Later
Old 03-01-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
Anyone else finding that eating fruit really helps? I find it satisfies the sweet cravings and fills me up.
Any particular fruit seem to work better than others for you PC? I haven't eaten fruit to speak of in decades. Seems like a good thing to get back to though thanks for sharing.