Old 01-20-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope it works out ladyshipwreck

D
Old 01-20-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, checking in at 72 days
Haven't gone this long without alcohol since I was a teen.
For some reason I am really looking forward to hitting 90, then 120 days and then 6 and 12 months.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Stay strong fellow nobenders xx

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 01-21-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Nice job on 72, poppy.

And great news, Lady! Also great on making it through that much stress, without turning to alcohol. I can't imagine how you must feel today.

I just outed myself to my sister. Didn't give all the gruesome details, or really many details at all, just that I had quit drinking because I had let it get out of hand. It was all via email, but it was still one more step in the right direction.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Too good Lady, what a relief! You had so much riding on that one, and so very happy for you and your family. The Lady's ship came in.

Thing is with me, is that when I think a 'couple' of beers are going to have me mix and talk more easily I finish up dancing in the tossed salad and no-one wants to talk to me.

For me, alcohol does not remove the anxiety, it just just allows for its expression in much more embarrassing ways. Awkward is honest, and I'm convinced that our confidence will improve with greater sobriety.

Congratulations on 72 Days Poppy, and the future is in our own hands. I'm looking forward too.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Agreed Steely. The ease that alcohol has given me to feel confident socially has also eased me into making an ass of myself way more times than it's worth.

For all of those counting days, I really enjoy the free "nomo" sobriety app. I think I've recommended before. Anyway, my username is babewiththepower if anyone would like to add me!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi Lady, I just downloaded the nomo app, looks really good
I couldn't find your username though, app says I have spelt it wrong or your not on the app but I copied and pasted from your post? My username is poppy79 on the app.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Nobenders!

I'm still here and still sober. It's been a pretty long day. Very emotionally exhausting. My niece went into labor at 22 weeks. Doctors did everything they could to save the baby. He was breathing but only lasted 2 hours. So very very heartbreaking. I am truly grateful that I am sober so that I can help my niece during this most difficult time. Please say a prayer for them. May he rest in peace and fly with the angels.

I've only read back a few pages, but it looks like everyone is coming along great. Keep on keeping on Nobenders. We can do this.

I'm going to try and get some rest now... hopefully. I'm afraid my mind will be racing all night.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry Abriella and have said a prayer for the little baby and his parents'. So good you could be there to support your niece, it would be heartbreaking.

It is said that when a little baby dies they are 'elevated to the rank of angel'. We have another angel in our midst.

So sorry Abriella.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Abriella, I'm so sorry to hear about this time for you and your family. You will all be in my prayers. I will pray for you to have the extra strength to be there for the people you love.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Sending thoughts, prayers and condolences your way Abriella.
Testing time for sure but you have a handle on it which is wonderful.
xoxo

Old 01-21-2017, 10:44 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for you and your familys loss abriella.

D
Old 01-22-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kindness. My niece and her bf have a long healing road ahead of them. I'm grateful that they have a large family for support. It will take time.

I'm feeling a little better this morning. Not gonna lie... the AV was pretty loud last night. But after making it 55 days, I am determined to make this work. Thank you again for being here... together we are strong!

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Sunday!! Love to all.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

((((((Abriella))))))

Be strong! Those 55 days you've racked up are going to help you get through this tragedy much better than if you were still drinking. You will be able to be there 100% for your family. You won't be drowning your sorrows. You are going to experience and process and heal.
Prayers for you and your family
Old 01-22-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Poppy I added you. I don't know why my username didn't show up.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

good morning all! really quick stop in, to get myself centered and to remember my goals. Will have to catch up on posts later. Love ya all!

Badge
Old 01-22-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

We put an offer in on a house yesterday. Should hear back on the deal tomorrow. I need some good mojo for both the process of buying and moving (if we get the place). I've already had a loud AV the past week and this stress is probably not helping. But, it's very exciting to be possibly buying our dream home.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Congratulations on purchasing your new home rainy, it must be very exciting. Sober and a new home, how good is that!
Old 01-23-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Having a really rough day my hormones are all over the shop, I have been fighting with Telstra (aust phone company who are utterly useless) since early January which came to a head this arvo. I went nutso at them which actually gave me some relief, although I am furious we won't get the internet connected until late February now (I originally placed my order on 28 October 2016).
I haven't been for my daily walk and am stressing that I am losong my motivation as exercise is one of my tools to stay sober.
I am still peeved at my partner for a fight we had yesterday (I wanted to do some housework and he got stroppy because according to him the weekends are for relaxing, not doing housework). I wasn't asking him to help me, I just like a clean house before the start of a working week.
Sorry for the venting. I just needed to unload.
Any suggestions on getting my motivation back would be welcome...

Old 01-23-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I should also add that I haven't drank, I did have a fleeting thought 'I could seriously go a vino or 10 right now' but it passed really quickly and I am not craving it at all. Well, at least not at this point in time.
I hope everyone has had a better day than I

Old 01-23-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Pop- great for not hitting the sauce. Remember HALTS(ad). Prayers.