Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 01-14-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Koala, we have 2 girls. Colbie who is 8 years old and Sophie who is 8 months. We lost our Super Sweet Nadia last year to Cushings disease at the age of 9. Nadia is my profile pic.

Amazingly the oil spill inside on the garage floor is completely gone with just the cat litter looking stuff. The outside driveway looks much better but still there and not sure if I can remove it. A good scrubbing with hot water, degreaser and a pressure washer may do it. Right now it's covered in ICE!

Pebbles, what a mess! We have our 16 y/o granddaughter due to her mom doing drugs and bouncing around homeless. Meth is bad stuff!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Koala... breakfast muffins really good!!!

Squish a cooked hash brown in the bottom.of the muffin tin, 1spoon baked beans, chopped bacon, whisked egg and top and then grated cheese... baked.for 20.mins... yum!!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 18, was most amazingly happy this morning.... never felt like that for years... still don't trust myself but just 1 day at a time and be grateful for being happy. .

Not got enough done. ..just enjoying not doing much! Can't be arsed to tidy up or rush around.... just want to rest now...

Sober Saturday is fab!!! X
Old 01-14-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hello class

Got some internet access again at last! I've also been having issues with this site, but its not as bad as it was earlier in the week.

I've been feeling a bit melancholic today. I think its just the time of year. I hate the winter and its absolutely freezing outside, too cold to do anything. Definitely wasn't made for the UK climate! I'm fine though, just treating myself to a huge pizza for my dinner tonight. I'm planning on wrapping up warm on the sofa and watching a film or two. More flat decorating tomorrow, so I'll need my energy for that!
Old 01-14-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

30 days! I know, I still have a lifetime to go, but in this day to day mindset, it feels like a good amount of time to me.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
30 days! I know, I still have a lifetime to go, but in this day to day mindset, it feels like a good amount of time to me.
Congrats on 1 whole month sober RJ! Absolutely fantastic!!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
ONE MONTH!

Bravo RayJay!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Koala777 View Post

ONE MONTH!

Bravo RayJay!!!
A month!!! Woohoooooo
Old 01-15-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

It's raining. ..I got no sleep due to coughing husband. ... arghhhhh
Old 01-15-2017, 01:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Ray Jay and congrats anyone else hitting a milestone today

D
Old 01-15-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Went to the market yesterday to go food shopping and my mind was wandering per usual these days. When I snapped out of my daze I realized I was in the wine section standing in front of my old "go to" box of wine (yes, I was a classy drunk!) I actually had an involuntary gag reflex when I thought of taking a sip. Hoping that's a good sign but I'm not trusting that to happen once I have more sober time under my belt and hangovers are a more distant memory...

Here's to a beautifully sober Sunday!!
Old 01-15-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

On related non drunk activities. .. I went for a run... 20 years after the last one... blimey. ... took my kids out...we ran/walked about in the rain. ..average speed13 km per hour hahahahha... everyone else on strava is average 5.or 6 km per hour. We did 2.1km the others do about 10km... but it's a start. Couldn't have done that with a hangover!

3 more stone to loose!!!! Jeez....
Old 01-15-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Where is everyone today... helluva quiet on this December thread. .. I'm Feeling lonely!
Old 01-15-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello Enfin!

Nice start with that run/walk activity!
You only compete with yourself at the end and that's cool.

It's ok to keep our sense of humor Munchkin94 but I would'nt joke too much with booze personaly.
My AV just wait for that and could attack me pretty fast.
I'm extra (maybe too much) careful when it comes to my sobriety...

I was out all day filling my to-do list.
It's true it's a bit quiet in our December Class...
BringinBackB, RayJay and Quitter are probably busy

Anyway, day 45 almost done, everything is going fine.
Also no cigarettes since 42 days now!
I have very small cravings here and there but they last under a minute now.
Have a good Monday everybody
Old 01-15-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Wrapping up Day 25 I am really looking forward to getting my 30 days again. I am over going to AA meetings and having to keep raising my hand when they ask who has less than 30 days. Everything is going good. Congratulations Koala and Ray J! Everyone looks like they are still hanging in there.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yes, Enfin and Koala, I have been really busy for 3 days. I can fix most anything but automatic transmissions aren't one of them. Exhausted all my options including fluid and filter exchange but 3rd and 4th gear is out and who knows what else. Ruptured a cooling line on the way home Thursday and lost all my fluid.

Dropped it off at the Transmission shop today. I was just sick about it. It's gonna cost a couple thousand $$$!!!! It crossed my mind for about a half second to drink my troubles away but I immediately laughed it off. Silly me would just wake up hungover, back on Day One and still have a bad transmission!!!!

Can't change it so I'm gonna just deal with it. Nothing worth giving up my sobriety over. I am starting to enjoy life on its terms for the first time in my 54 years!
Old 01-15-2017, 10:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

After initially joining this group in early December I had a major wobble and haven't been on this thread since.

I got myself together though and forced myself to go to an AA meeting, I'm now going to 3 or 4 a week. Well 20 days later and I'm on my longest sober stretch for as long as I can remember. I took the advice given on here and have made a recovery plan which I have referred to quite a few times.

So if its OK I will rejoin my fellow December 2016 quitters with a sober date of 28th Dec.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by myfdeserveit View Post
After initially joining this group in early December I had a major wobble and haven't been on this thread since.

I got myself together though and forced myself to go to an AA meeting, I'm now going to 3 or 4 a week. Well 20 days later and I'm on my longest sober stretch for as long as I can remember. I took the advice given on here and have made a recovery plan which I have referred to quite a few times.

So if its OK I will rejoin my fellow December 2016 quitters with a sober date of 28th Dec.
Bloody great job myf. .. well done for picking yourself up and getting back at it.... jeez best things have false starts and need Los of training, they are worth it more.... it's your life! Proud of you... and welcome...
Old 01-15-2017, 11:15 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning koala... good too see your days racking up, you are such a cheerful happy member inspiring me with your positivity! Merci beaucoup !!
Old 01-15-2017, 11:16 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Quitter, gutted about your transmission but you right.. booze won't mend it and will cost more! U gave it your best shot it seems... and the drive is clean again!!!