Old 01-12-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Hi, Dec.'16 Class!
Hey CR, how are you?
Old 01-12-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry for the bummer. Rough night! Truck busted a transmission line on the way home from work, lost all my fluid, had to get towed home 25 miles. In trouble with wife because I got transmission fluid all over the driveway and garage getting the truck off the flatbed and into garage. Cost me $100 for 3 gallons of fluid and 2 bags of floor dry to soak up the mess. Wife aggravated over it and she drove me to get what I needed.
Oh......and BIG ICE STORM hitting tomorrow and Saturday with up to 3/4" of ice which will surely take down trees and limbs and power lines and we will likely be stranded at home.
It crossed my mind to say screw it and stock up on beer to get me through the weekend but I am back home with my ROOT BEER and calling it a night.
Will start working on it tomorrow. Damn I hope I didn't burn up the transmission, that will be a couple thousand to fix!
Sorry for the bummer post but better to be honest. Most days are easy enough but some of them TEST YOU!
I am still here and will be grateful in the morning that I made the RIGHT CHOICE!

EDIT: Day 40 today and Saturday is 6 weeks!!!! I am not going down that easy and starting over!!!!!
Old 01-12-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Quitter - sorry to hear about the trucks. That absolutely sucks! But you did a great job not drinking. Hope you managed to get it fixed up today
Old 01-13-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BringingBackB View Post
Enfin, I've been having all sorts of problems with this forum this week, so not sure if your issue is related. I keep getting signed out constantly!

Hope all is well with you?
It's still messing around!!! Alls well here...got snow so.kids happy. .. they got up and dresses and out by 7, still dark!!!
Husband is ill.now so still no sleep here... so flippin tired it's unreal!
Hope u well and happy! !
Old 01-13-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post

It's still messing around!!! Alls well here...got snow so.kids happy. .. they got up and dresses and out by 7, still dark!!!
Husband is ill.now so still no sleep here... so flippin tired it's unreal!
Hope u well and happy! !
Also it's day 17 here... not wanted to drink so far..... even went with family to pub last night for a meal, people were drinking beer and i hardly dared look incase I wanted it, but I looked and I didn't want to... unusual... like my brain is swinging to the abstinence side afyer chewing it over for a while. ....

Weekend is busy, and I ain't going to drink... I am starting to feel my personality emerge again, positive, cheerful, making plans... it's all good!!!

Happy Friday folks x
Old 01-13-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hey CR, how are you?
Hi, BBB
I am doing fine except this very cold weather is making me stir crazy...I am not a winter person at all! Glad I am sober and I know these days will soon come to an end and I will appreciate the warm sunshine even more. Til then I am getting stronger and know being sober is all that counts now.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post

EDIT: Day 40 today and Saturday is 6 weeks!!!! I am not going down that easy and starting over!!!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Starting day 17 today and feeling pretty good!

Unfortunate change in plans for the weekend. We started out with at least 9 people going skiing this weekend. My granddaughters ended up with soccer tournaments on Saturday and Sunday so my son's family (4) had to decline. Next was my oldest grandson's friend. That took us down to 4, which would still have been fun. Got a text last night from my youngest grandson saying he's grounded. He failed a drug test his mom gave him and she won't let him go.

That left me, my oldest grandson and his girlfriend. My first instinct was to cancel as we don't need a huge condo for three of us but I wasn't sure if my oldest grandson still wanted to go. I know he didn't want to hurt my feelings but he texted me late last night saying he just doesn't feel right going without his younger brother so, the trip is off.

I'm not too disappointed, but sure hope everyone can make it next year.

I am worried about my 16 year old grandson smoking pot. His dad is an addict and allows him to smoke when they're together. I've tried to talk to him about the dangers, but, he's 16 and quite stubborn. He's going to do it no matter what.

My daughter is not easy to live with and creates an environment of fear and anxiety. I'm sure he smokes to not feel that pain. She's verbally and emotionally abusive but is also an off the chart narcissist. It's pretty sad.

Anyway, I decided to keep today as a vacation day and instead of going back to work Wednesday, I'll go back Tuesday and save a vacation day.

I still have my Christmas decoration up so I think I'll tackle that today!

Have a great, sober day, my dear classmates!
Old 01-13-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wife is in a better mood this morning about the mess on the concrete. She likes stuff CLEAN, the house is immaculate at all times. I swept up the floor-dry stuff I put down and it looks much better than the bright red oil that was all over last night. Will have to do some degreaser scrubbing after the temps get above freezing. Stuff happens!
Sure was nice waking up at 5am this morning SOBER! Glad I didn't give in so easily to my pitiful, poor me excuse to drink!
I have lots to do today. Taking wife's car to get it inspected at 9, then time to get my truck fixed. Ice storm starting sometime this morning too.
Thanks for listening!

Optimist, sorry about your cancelled trip! As far as the pot thing, 3 out of 4 of my stepkids(adult now) smoke that crap and they damn sure didn't learn it here. I flushed it down the toilets before, smashed their pipes etc. and they kept replacing it all. What can you do? Gonna have to live and learn on their own.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Crap....ice storms are the worst! No matter how good of a driver you claim to be...ice always wins! So glad that I am sober and not craving alcohol like in the past...things would be alot different. I would be in a panic to 'stock up' on the bottles of wine! So much has changed and I am so thankful! Now I just wonder if we have enough milk !
Old 01-13-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Sorry gang just a quick check in from me as i'm having internet troubles. Much love to all of you, and i'll catch up on the posts tomorrow

B
Old 01-13-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sorry gang just a quick check in from me as i'm having internet troubles. Much love to all of you, and i'll catch up on the posts tomorrow

B
Hope u all safe this Friday. ..

I took my son to scouts and walked about the town for the 2 hours for exercise! Walked past the pubs and the smokers and really didn't want to go in. .. that confused me, have I really changed in 17 days? Why didn't I crave a pint and a warm fire.... I always used to... and if u couldn't have it I'd feel cross....so where has this gone? I can't simply have changed. .. I don't trust this at all. What is my brain doing!
I had a good think about the past when marking about, and what I noticed was all the crap things I have done were when drunk, alcohol has been there through all of my life as an adult... and even though I dont want it anymore, I've been here before and it never let me go...and I always caved. Hmmmmm.... I dare not hope!

Anyway. .. plans for the weekend anyone??? Cooked brekkie to.orrow for us. ..trying a new recipie for brekkie muffins! Hope goes OK. .. got to make a cake and also go on a walk with my squids! Happy days of plans x
Old 01-13-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Pfffffft I'm still sober on day . . . 32? But I have been winging it instead of actually working a plan. Fortunately, I've only had fleeting urges but I want to start living right again -- not just not drinking but also walking/exercising, eating well, etc.

At work today I did print off a list of new year's resolutions and I also printed out the sobriety statement that I wrote and posted here last month. Gonna put that somewhere where I'll see it regularly.

A couple of nights ago I went to pick up a pizza and right across from Domino's is . . . ta da! The liquor store. I had a brief flash of an urge and then I drove the heck out of there and was actually saying out loud to myself in the car all the nasty, scary things I've been through as a result of my past binges. NO MAS.

Oh, I have a cat now. Sort of. I've seen him around here before -- black tuxedo kitty, long hair, quite friendly. Last week when the forecast was for snow and single-digit lows overnight, I took him in. He's still here. Not really prepared to be a pet owner again, but we are enjoying each other's company for the time being. I COOK FOR HIM. Sometimes. I was looking at some of the pricey cat foods at the supermarket and thought, "You know, it's actually CHEAPER to get chicken from the meat section than buy this." So I got some thin-sliced chicken breasts and figured he and I could share. I cook his on the stovetop in butter and olive oil. :-) Other times he gets tuna or (gasp!) actual canned cat food. And free-choice dry.

Anyhoo . . .

quitter you sound really motivated! Good for you.
Optimist, sounds like you handled the canceled ski trip really well. Way to go!

Hugs and kudos and strength to the rest of you too.

WE ARE DOING THIS.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi MeSoSober, we (actually my wife, ha Ha) started cooking our dogs meals also. We had always bought really good dog food and changed up the flavors but they would still get tired of it and not eat sometimes.

A lot of folks feed raw but we just didn't want to deal with that mess. We make enough for about 3 days at a time and use a few recipes. Chicken, Rice, Beans, different Veggies etc. and chop the meat up in the food processor. We add some dry on top to get some nutrients we are missing just to be safe. They eat three times a day and are literally licking their lips EVERY TIME we are filling their bowls. We think they are eating much better and CHEAPER and they LOVE IT!

Pets are really GREAT COMPANIONS! Congrats on your new kitty!
Old 01-14-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 24. Picked up my grandchild that I've been so worried about Thursday. Hadn't spoken to him since Xmas. Not happy at all with his situation. Talked to social worker yesterday. She was going over to make a surprise visit. Paternal grandparents, son & my pregnant daughter all went against a court order - the child was not to be left alone with the parents AT ALL. PGM went on a business trip & left him with elderly PGF & recently relapsed parents. (I had suspicions of recent drug use & reported it, SW confirmed) Adults were upset with me for report so that was the reason for keeping child away from me. Everyone seemed more than willing to hand him over though when I finally managed to make contact. Took him in only his pjs & scooted out of there. Didn't engage. Daughter had a bit of attitude. I ignored. PGF slipped up with the info about business trip. I have guilt about returning the child (I had custody over the summer) after promises (rehab, etc) ALL adults failed. I drank. FAIL.
Still have Xmas tree up. He is having a ball. Opened all his presents. Gave him a nice bath. Today he is getting haircut. He is so happy.
I think he should return to live here. Not sure what's going to happen & won't know til Tues. Right now I'm just relieved he is safe & I can't project the future. I offered to keep him but since the "system" is involved...it's out of my hands. I'm very worried about the unborn child. The baby will be born addicted to methadone. Already went through that with this child & serious heart defects requiring open heart surgery. I'm beyond pissed with my daughter.

The break in contact with these people was a relief. The worry about the child is never ending. If he does return here to live, I will limit my contact & visitation. I live in another state so that helps but hinders custody arrangements.

I only have control over me. I will not drink over this mess.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes to you and you grandson pebbles

D
Old 01-14-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hello mes ami(e)s!

Day 44 in progress.
My new target is the big 60 and I hope I will make it.
I don't have many cravings anymore but I often have a feeling of "emptiness", that there's something I used to like to do every Friday nights that won't happen anymore.
The first 30 minutes were sometimes nice but the next 24 hours were always a total disaster, financially, psychologically and physically.
I was a mess for the next day all the times
It’s very nice to wake up clean every morning, fully energized as soon as I step out of the bed.

I’d love to have pets like you MeSoSober and Quitter.
It would be a big plus but I can’t due to conditions in my lease (no pets allowed)
Did you find a name for that cat MeSoSober?
How many dogs do you have Quitter? It seems more than one since you call them “the girls”
The oil spill on your concrete is totlly gone?

Did you cook your brekkie muffins Enfin?
You really did change in 17 days I guess since you didn’t feel the urge to enter that pub.
You rule!

I hope your internet is back BringingBackB, what a bummer if not..
Do you keep getting signed out constantly?

I hope you are doing fine Optimist4ever57.
Sorry to hear how hard it is with your grand son smoking weed…
You are probably right about his reaction to your daughter.
The best thing is to let it go.
“Live and let live” as they say in the AA
It will be easier for you and “you” is what’s important presently in your sober quest.

ChloeRose, ice never wins with us : we are Canadians after all
Ice is a must for us…to play hockey lol
I hope you now have your milk and that you are safe and sound at home!

I’m very happy to see we are a few December Class friends still working on staying sober.
Have a good weekend, we can make it happen.
Big koala hugs to all of you!
Old 01-14-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

This is rough Pebbles...it makes me realise I go through a piece of cake compared to you.

I send you all my energy.
Don't drink over this mess as you say - you can make it.
Courage!
Old 01-14-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Checking in on the morning of day 16. Plans for this Saturday, along with not drinking, are to clean the floors that got trashed with the snow last week and prime the walls in my bedroom. Thinking of a light grey for wall color but we'll see what hits me when I get to Home Depot!

Have a beautifully sober Saturday all!

Peace
Old 01-14-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, Class!
Koala...I forgot about ice hockey...ooops! Guess I was thinking about driving a auto and not a Zamboni
I do like ice-milk!!
MeSoSober...I have 4 house cats and 2-3 strays that I feed. Sometimes canned tuna on sale is way cheaper than cat food. We also cook salmon on the grill and chop up the skin for our cats.
Another thing we do is when we make a turkey we carve it all up and I chop up some of the parts my husband doesn't like. I am a vegetarian so there is alot of leftovers.
For a treat I give them (outdoor cats) some meat on a bone. It gives them something to do besides meow at the door!
♡CR
BTW my cats names are: Kayla, Chleo(catra), Kitzy'kuku'(because she is a crazy daredevil) and BabyBoo(found her when she was abandoned and the size of a hamster).