Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 02-18-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hello, everyone! I am still here. Sorry I haven't checked in but, evertime I plan to post I get involved in reading the threads! There are alot of new posts out there. This is a very busy place.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:40 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great Sunday! The days are flying by so quickly! The weather here yesterday was 32° above normal! What a gift!! Thank you Mother Nature...but, I'm not sure it was too good for the plants. They might think it is Springtime, too!
Old 02-19-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hi all....I'm trudging along...not interested in drinking. Today is Day 60. Trying to get newborn things together. Set up bassinet & have all his little t shirts/sleepers/swaddles ready. Won't be going out much due to the weather & his prematurity. He's still in NICU but doing well.

Social services will be coming by to inspect my house so I've been trying to straighten things up a bit. My husband has a lot of "stuff". He needs to straighten it up or his "stuff" is going to the dump! I'm really getting overwhelmed trying to clean. I'm constantly moving things to store but I've run out of storage space. I feel like I'm walking around in circles. Keep finding new things I need to take care of....He's no help because he's too tired from working 6 days a week (which he constantly reminds me of!!) & I do nothing all day according to him. I've been going to bed early because I'm ready to BOP HIM OFF THE HEAD.

My car is in the shop so I have no way to escape. Back to the never ending cleaning........

Hope everyone is doing well. Carry on!

Old 02-19-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

look after yourself Pebbles
Old 02-19-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hello gang, and happy Sunday to all.

I've ridden nearly 30 miles on the mountain bike today. It's fair to say i'm feeling it now, but it was great fun! Still working on my goal of getting nice and fit so I can do some tricky routes up in Scotland in the summer. I have to be careful not to lose weight, so i'm having to eat the calories i'm burning off. There are certainly worse things

Other than that all is going swimmingly. Whilst on the bikes, we passed a guy on a trail swigging from a can of beer, walking on his own in the middle of the day. No thanks! Sober is the way forward

Take care all, especially you pebbles.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Oops, double post.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Hang in there Pebbles! Head Bopping won't solve anything, Ha Ha! You are under lots of stress!

As always, lots of projects around here. Finally re-painting the garage walls now and organizing.

16 camera (12 included) High Definition video surveillance system coming in the mail so will be busy installing that too. It will be a hell of a job getting all the wiring fished around the house! That pretty much was bumped up on the priority list due to the druggie//burglary/forgery/theft/prostitution group of friends my 34 y/o stepdaughter is associating with. (We have her oldest daughter).

So...... not much time to really think about drinking. Just getting used to living life and waking up feeling good!

Check in folks! Enjoy reading everyone's comments!
Old 02-19-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Hello Decemberites
Good to see everybody is ok.

Thanks for the hellos ChloeRose

You’re doing great Pebbles.
Maybe you should take it easy on cleaning, it will be too clean and not natural looking if you push too hard

Good luck with all the wires Quitter, that looks like quite a challenge. Wow, 16 cameras!
I hope your girls Colbie and Sophie won’t mess around while you work…

BBB, you need to be in good shape to do 30 miles as you did today !
You’re getting ready to travel through these bike trails in Scotland in the best way possible: sober and in a tip-top shape !
Would you like do the classic Edinburgh City Centre to the Shore trail?
There’s many possibilities as I can see on Google...
_____

We are the sole survivors of all the people who came to this wonderful December 2016 class.
Stopping before the Holidays was very courageous!

Some left us but are still on SR in different classes, I'm happy to see they are trying again.
CuteNGayYay is in the January class. Munchkin94 and Lovehoops are now in the February class.
I sincerly hope they will succeed.
I miss them though...

Have a good beginning of the week everybody!

Big koala hug to all of you - we can make it!
Old 02-19-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 60 Pebbles - sounds like all you December regular guys are doing great

D
Old 02-19-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

You keep us motivated Dee! Thank you for checking in on us so often!

CK, only 12 cameras for now but a 16 channel recorder so we have room for expansion. We have wanted cameras for years and now seemed like the time to go ahead with it. I used to install security systems and video surveillance as a side job 20 years ago so nothing new (except technology is far more advanced).

Only one day scheduled off work in the next week and a half as I am picking up a double overtime shift next Saturday and Sunday($$$$) so will have to work all my projects in the evenings.

See ya on the boards......

Took a glance at my QUIT app. 78 Days and I think I entered about $6 per day drinking (I drank at home) and it says I have saved $468.00 so far isn't that GREAT! (I think I have spent $200 on ROOT BEER though! )
Old 02-20-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 67 here, still looking at loads of boxes, but doing great. I'll be back in the morning with a more exciting check in.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

In n Reykjavik! !! Being sober. .. don't worry it's all OK!! Free drinks turned down... ordering soda water..... no snow here but it's still cool...

Happy days to everyone gaining 2 months soon.... much love and light xx
Old 02-20-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Another, Hello to everyone!
Battling a sinus infection or allergies...I hate it.
Very warm here for February...thunderstorms tonight! Maybe it will clear the air. If not, good sleeping weather. I love the sound of rain.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

Remember we're here if you need us enfin

D
Old 02-21-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Day 2 no drinking....everyone has come back to my shared room as there is no lounge and have wine, baileys and beer ... but I told them I I'm not drinking and add a tea!!! It's all good.. I feel powerful like I have a superpower they don't have!!!! Wooooo.... 2 nights to go. It wasn't all easy this eve but I stayed determined. .. thanks to you all too. I don't want to let u down!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Congratulations to Pebbles (Feb 21) and rockyMTNrider (Feb 22)

You have reached 2 MONTHS!

You did it!
Old 02-21-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Day 2 no drinking....everyone has come back to my shared room as there is no lounge and have wine, baileys and beer ... but I told them I I'm not drinking and add a tea!!! It's all good.. I feel powerful like I have a superpower they don't have!!!! Wooooo.... 2 nights to go. It wasn't all easy this eve but I stayed determined. .. thanks to you all too. I don't want to let u down!!!
I'm very very very proud of you Enfin !
You do have a superpower they don't have.
You have all of us Decemberites behind you

Two down, two to go , you can make it
Old 02-21-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm proud of all you guys

D
Old 02-21-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Love you guys. ...and today is my birthday! !! And at midnight the northern lights came.out to dance... maybe there is a higher power and she came to say well done!!! Wooooooo
Old 02-21-2017, 11:26 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday enfin

D