Notices

On My Way # 5

Old 05-09-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Both dinners sound deeeeeelish, GC.
Thanks SL. I usually have a plan for dinner, but yesterday nothing was appealing to me so when my daughter asked me what we were having I told her, "I don't have a hankering for anything specific, I really don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen, and I don't have anything defrosted." Fortunately, she had a desire for something, I had the necessary ingredients, and there was enough time to defrost the chops.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I was a the gym last night for a strength and stamina class and this morning I ran a couple of miles in my new running shoes to break them in and start acclimating myself to more consistent running.

Dinner tonight is going to be shrimp burgers and I'm also going to be smoking another turkey breast.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
I was a the gym last night for a strength and stamina class and this morning I ran a couple of miles in my new running shoes to break them in and start acclimating myself to more consistent running.

Dinner tonight is going to be shrimp burgers and I'm also going to be smoking another turkey breast.
Love roast turkey!!! And the leftover sandwiches!!!!
Old 05-11-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Should have said 'sandwiches from the leftovers'
Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberleigh View Post
should have said 'sandwiches from the leftovers'
lol!
Old 05-11-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

It's been a good afternoon, which has been an extension of the morning. Why so?

Shortly after we got back from vacation I received two notices from the IRS. Jolly! Each notice concerned a different tax year for different reasons and between the two there was about $9500 involved. Don't think for a second that the cash flow would be coming to me. I met with my accountant this afternoon and he was 100% certain that the issues would be resolved in my favor as there is an well documented paper trail. What happened? He wasn't entirely sure, but he walked me through the tax returns as they related to these items and showed me that I'd be okay.

I have a book club meeting tomorrow evening and still have about 50 pages to read. Guess what I'll be doing after I take our dog on her after dinner walk?
Old 05-12-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I walked about five miles and took care of some errands.

No cooking for me tonight because I have a book club meeting. Between now and then I'll do some VERY preliminary preparation for Mother's Day.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

I used good portion control at the book club meeting as well as during the entire day and I managed to gain over 3 pounds. I'm confident it will come off quickly, but I did a double take this morning while standing on the scale.

My wife and I were at the gym this morning and since we got home about 2.5 hours ago I've been doing Mother's Day party related things.

We have no social plans tonight and I have a feeling after I'm done in the kitchen I won't feel like cooking dinner so we'll likely be going out for something to eat.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

It's been a good afternoon, which has been an extension of the morning. Why so?

Shortly after we got back from vacation I received two notices from the IRS. Jolly! Each notice concerned a different tax year for different reasons and between the two there was about $9500 involved. Don't think for a second that the cash flow would be coming to me. I met with my accountant this afternoon and he was 100% certain that the issues would be resolved in my favor as there is an well documented paper trail. What happened? He wasn't entirely sure, but he walked me through the tax returns as they related to these items and showed me that I'd be okay.

I have a book club meeting tomorrow evening and still have about 50 pages to read. Guess what I'll be doing after I take our dog on her after dinner walk?
Just gotta love the IRS!!!!!
Old 05-13-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I used good portion control at the book club meeting as well as during the entire day and I managed to gain over 3 pounds. I'm confident it will come off quickly, but I did a double take this morning while standing on the scale.

My wife and I were at the gym this morning and since we got home about 2.5 hours ago I've been doing Mother's Day party related things.

We have no social plans tonight and I have a feeling after I'm done in the kitchen I won't feel like cooking dinner so we'll likely be going out for something to eat.
Too much salty food, maybe????

Those pounds are sure to drop.

Or could it be you have gained more muscle weight?
Old 05-13-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Just gotta love the IRS!!!!!
Too much salty food, maybe????

Those pounds are sure to drop.

Or could it be you have gained more muscle weight?
Regarding the IRS, from what I was able to discern one of the issues was on their end and the other was a result of misreporting by a financial institution to them. Regardless, a position (or positions) I would prefer not to be in.

Whenever I have a large one day weight gain such as I experienced I attribute it to a higher than normal sodium intake and it's usually validated by apparent swelling, which is the case today. Prime example is that my rings are tight. Hydration, hydration, etc. will take care of that. As for your muscle weight theory, I wish that was the case. :-)

SL, you've been a huge support for me and I sincerely thank you. That written, I don't know much about you personally, but regardless of whether or not you have children or a mother or MIL that you will celebrate with, I wish you a very happy Mother's Day.

Today

We're we need to be for tomorrow. Our son called this afternoon and said he was coming home for Mother's Day and we've spent a nice few hours together including going to a Mediterranean restaurant for dinner. My wife and he are downstairs listening to music and chatting and I'll be joining them in a few minutes. My daughter is about 60 miles away at a friend's graduate school graduation party and will be home later tonight.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, GC.

I am a Mom, a grandmother, and a MIL. I love each of those roles!!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, GC.

I am a Mom, a grandmother, and a MIL. I love each of those roles!!!!
I'm very happy for you!

Since My Last Post

A belated happy Mother's Day to all.

The day sort of got away from me and I never posted, but rest assured I was up early to take care of some party stuff before heading to the gym. Upon coming home it was full bore cooking, hosting, and cleaning until 9:30. I think the first time I sat down all day with the exception of the short drives to and from the gym was about 4:30. It felt good; damn good.

It was an excellent, but exhausting day and I really had doubts about not only how I was going to perform during this morning's training session and considered not going. Of course I went, wound up having a great workout and am still reaping the mental and physical benefits of my time there. After warming up (jumping jacks, squats, pushups) I did three circuits of:

Stability ball Db ball one arm chest presses (12 per side)
Stability ball Bb skull crushers (12)
Stability ball Db flyes (12)
Stability ball Bb close grip bench presses (12)
Heavy rope fun (45 seconds)
Planks (75 seconds)
Sit ups (30)
Bicycles (60)

Dinner tonight is going to be leftovers.

Have a great day!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Thank heavens for leftovers!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Thank heavens for leftovers!!!!!!
Agreed! Three of the college kids took food back to school and I'm guessing we have enough for 2 dinners for me, my wife, and daughter. Lunch today was the leftover tortellini.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Agreed! Three of the college kids took food back to school and I'm guessing we have enough for 2 dinners for me, my wife, and daughter. Lunch today was the leftover tortellini.
The college kids loved that, I am sure!!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

The college kids loved that, I am sure!!!!
Yes they did and why not? All three live off campus and are not on the meal plan so the they're responsible for providing their own meals. Yesterday they had an opportunity for already cooked tasty stuff that reheats well. A no brainer for sure and one of my nieces asked she could take some food for her apartment mate. I said, "No!"

Just kidding, of course it was okay.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Yes they did and why not? All three live off campus and are not on the meal plan so the they're responsible for providing their own meals. Yesterday they had an opportunity for already cooked tasty stuff that reheats well. A no brainer for sure and one of my nieces asked she could take some food for her apartment mate. I said, "No!"

Just kidding, of course it was okay.
I remember visiting our kids in college; they, their roomates and buddies were so grateful for a meal on the town!!

It was so much fun!!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I remember visiting our kids in college; they, their roomates and buddies were so grateful for a meal on the town!!

It was so much fun!!!!
We've had the same experience. What was also nice is that, from the parents' perspective, there's a practical side in that we get to spend a couple/few hours with the college buddy who, at least at the beginning, we really don't know and literally everything we do know is filtered by our children.

Since my son graduates in two weeks and my daughter is going to a local graduate school, which is why she lives at home, our days of college visits are coming to an end. That may change when my son goes back to grad school.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

We've had the same experience. What was also nice is that, from the parents' perspective, there's a practical side in that we get to spend a couple/few hours with the college buddy who, at least at the beginning, we really don't know and literally everything we do know is filtered by our children.

Since my son graduates in two weeks and my daughter is going to a local graduate school, which is why she lives at home, our days of college visits are coming to an end. That may change when my son goes back to grad school.
Aaaah, all good