Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 12

Old 01-06-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thanks Delilah.
Now hubby is sick. I can't wait to feel better & get some fresh air & exercise.

Great job Nic & that was so sweet of your mother to have some healthy food on hand!
I'm usually a bit surprised but always pleasantly so when I really really enjoy myself without alcohol. It is possible, right!

Take care Jannies & have a good one, day or night -
Old 01-08-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hmmm, quiet weekend. Sound off by the numbers?
Old 01-08-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Thump! Good to see you -
Still sick but slowly improving....this one kicked me hard the last 2 weeks.
Take care.....xxxx
Old 01-08-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Happy Sunday!

Bandi, I am sorry you are still sick, and now your husband too. I hope this upcoming week is better for both of you.

Thump, how are you?

Odelle, are you done with the painting yet?

Nic, how has your weekend been?

Getting ready to take the kids to CCD, we went to church last night, so I will have a little time to myself while they are there.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-08-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

All's well over here. The usual catch up, clean up, and off to work again cycle.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi guys
Sorry I've not been around. Still sober I think day 8 or something.. huge tooth abscess so on strong painkillers and antibiotics but it's been agony...
I'll check in again when I'm feeling better xxx
Old 01-09-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Thump, how are you?
I'm doing pretty well. I threw my back out Friday night but have worked through it, and it's getting better. I've got some tensions at work with a coworker who is drinking on the job. It's not pretty; she's terminally unique, doesn't know she's already exposed, and is belligerent.

On the plus side, I'm very happy with my personal life. It's amazing, still, how putting the principles of recovery into practice not only help me heal myself, but nurture the growth of love in my life -- both inward- and outward-bound love. What I missed in my besotted past! And what I'm earning now, leaving that past behind.

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Hi guys
Sorry I've not been around. Still sober I think day 8 or something.. huge tooth abscess so on strong painkillers and antibiotics but it's been agony...
I'll check in again when I'm feeling better xxx
Ugh. Abscesses suck,

Get better, hon.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thump, I'm excited for you on the personal front. Recovery is definitely so much more than not drinking. Putting the past behind us is important, and. It easy. Sorry about the co-worker, that is very frustrating. Sadly, it will catch up to her at some point.

I just finished reading The Couple Next Door, it is really good, and sucks you in. I started it today, and needed to know what happened, so I finished it today as well. I have been reading a ton during my winter break. We are eight days into 2017 and I already have five books on my Goodreads challenge.

Hope everyone's week gets off to s great start. My kids go back to school Tuesday, and I am still out until at least January 20th. Normally I would be reviewing my professional development for my staff tomorrow tonight, but since I am out my academic coach will be presenting. It is strange not to be going back to work after break. Two more weeks will be good for me.

❤️Delilah
Old 01-09-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi guys
sorry to hear that Nic - hopefully the anti-bs will sort it out

D
Old 01-09-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Jannies,

Hope the meds are doing their job & that you feel better soon Nic.......

Delilah, I ordered that book from Amazon & it should be here today. I'll try to follow along with the book club. Wow, 5 books in 8 days! You must be a speed reader -

Hi Odelle, PJ & Dee -

In spite of some circumstances, it's good to hear from everyone. Thanks for doing the sound off Thump!

Hugs & love to all.....xxxx
Old 01-09-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Bandi,

I love to read, and having some time off from work, and limited activity has given me the gift of time. I read Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher today, it was a quick and easy read. She was very honest, and very funny. I hope you continue to feel better!

Nic, hope you are feeling better as well.

Dee, always good to see you popping in on us.

Have a great night and Tuesday everyone!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-10-2017, 12:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

WooHoo!!!! Congrats to all the '16 Jannies for their one year success. Took me a bit to find this link. Hope everyone is as excited about year two as I am. Bring on 2017!!

Steve
Sobriety date: January 2, 2016
Old 01-10-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Steve

D
Old 01-10-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Welcome & Congratulations Steve! -
Old 01-11-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congratulations Steve!!

I'm still not feeling good at all. Been back to the docs today and she has prescribed medication for nerve pain and also morphine tablets which I'm reluctant to take considering my previous meth addiction and obviously alcoholism .. the pain is just unbearable but I'm now on my 3rd course of antibiotics so hopefully I will find some relief soon..
Praying it will heal soon- doctor said it may not be an abscess after all and is more
Concerned that I have some infection within my facial nerves or something?

Anyway I'm
Still sober as a monk!!! Love to you all - sorry for the whine!!! Xx
Old 01-11-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

(((Nic))) Sending you a Big hug!!
You must be in horrible pain for your Dr. to prescribe morphine and I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Only you can know how you'll handle these drugs and if they may trigger you in some way, however from the concern shown in your post it appears you have a very healthy respect for any mood/mind altering substance.
I hope your docs can determine the cause and very soon. Please keep us posted. Take care honey!!
Old 01-11-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon Nic.

Abscesses are usually pretty obvious so I'm not sure why one of your guys got it so wrong.

I've suffered from facial nerve pain - its the worst - all the usual pain relief never touched it - I was never offered morphine tho?

I think you're right to be cautious.

Everyones different, but I ended up having good results with an old style anti depressant called Endep.

D
Old 01-11-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes. Slightly better today so the nerve medication (lyrica) seems to be doing the trick, and i'm still on lots of tramadol which I have been assured is non-addictive.
Dee, I think they got it wrong as I ended up at an emergency dentist on Saturday as i was literally crying in pain- He was not my usual dentist and literally just heard my symptoms, had a quick look and diagnosed an abscess. I am seeing my usual dentist on Monday once my anti-biotics are completed and my doctor is sending me for a CT scan. I feel well looked after now. My Doctor knows my addiction history but the pain was unmanageable so she said use the morphine as a very last resort (only 20 tablets).. I don't think I will though.
The good news in all of this is that for over a week, I have not even THOUGHT about alcohol!!! That's the silver lining!! I am determined that 2017 is my year, and I won't be drinking again..
Have a lovely Thursday xx
Old 01-11-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

nerve meds will take a little while to bed in but yeah it should get more and more manageable Nic

D
Old 01-11-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Steve, congrats on one year. Glad you found the link!! Hopefully you will pop in often.

Nic, that sounds miserable, I hope they figure out what is going on, and you feel better soon. Is there any way to get in before Monday?

Bandi, hope you are feeling better.

Thump, how are you doing?

Odelle, anything new with you?

Dee, hope you are having a good week.

I am off for one more week at least, I could get used it not working, that money thing interferes with that plan. However, I am going to make a fabulous retired person one day!

Have a great night everyone.

❤️Delilah