Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 49

Old 12-26-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Toots, I am so pleased that your daughter behaved herself! And the fun with your husband and his ex--sounds like a blast!

Mine was good. A good time was had by all--even me!

Now it's time to call in several teams of cleaning professionals to march in here and whisk the aftermath away!
Old 12-26-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Sass!!!!!
Old 12-26-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

toots- the end is nigh, once I read How to hypnotise Chooks.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Today is my son's birthday too! 8 years old today. This year they were too old for the mall Santa -- they kept telling me he was a stranger, and how could he be Santa when he'd already left the north pole and we'd been tracking his sleigh online. They got me there - and they didn't buy the whole "Santa's helper" thing either because, you know, he has elves for that. So it's pretty clear that our Santa yes are numbered.

The holiday went well - I am so happy I got to spend Christmas Eve and morning with them. I took them to my parents' Christmas Eve and did presents and went to Christmas Eve service at my mom's church which was an awesome children's service. Christmas was great - they went to their other grandparents' while I was at church and we're home when I got back! Of course that meant so was their dad but we got along for the holiday. I finally convinced him to take them back to his parent's for dinner (I didn't get anything thinking they'd be there) and it was all fine. I straightened up after the Christmas carnage and they were home by 6. It's been a nice way to ease into it when we start full time parent sharing.

Toots, you're blended family is inspiration for me. I don't know what the future holds but it very likely will include exes and step kids and who knows what else! I'm glad you had a good holiday and had some puppy time! Did Molly meet the pup?

Today is another day with STBX celebrating our son's bday. So much easier now that I know our days are numbered!

Yes Trach did you go to your folks? I remember last year the beautiful lights you put up at their house.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!
Old 12-26-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Gilmer, we cross posted again!!! Glad you had nice holiday
Old 12-26-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You, too, Duff! Sounds like everything went beautifully.

Hope your son has a happy birthday today. It must be a challenge to gen up special enthusiasm in the midst of a huge holiday deflation of adrenaline!

I have a hard time even with my middle son's birthday, and that's Jan. 6!

Hope you guys have a wonderful day.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Happy Bday Sass!

Hope everyone had a great Xmas. I was hoping for the return of Velvet and Jezebel yesterday, but no such luck.

Nature Boy an I went to Tracy's for dinner yesterday. I don't know if it was from too much time playing with her 3 Chihuahuas but when we got home last night he started to cry if I touched his head. If I tried to snuggle up to his face he screamed bloody murder. It was very scary, happily though, this morning he seems back to his old self again.

Not much sleep last night, so it's now nap time already.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm relieved that Nature Boy's OK today, Budd.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASS !!
Babs
Old 12-26-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Interesting holiday. My sisters decided to be themselves. So, I went camping. Do it without me, I said.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks, all!

Dee, I used to think age was all in the head but I doubt it at this point. Getting too creaky. Just got an adjustable bed base so I can adjust my bed so I don't hobble around bent over for the first 15 minutes after I get up - and then still had back pain for another hour. Now pain-free wake up is so very enjoyable.

It sounds like we all survived the holiday

Ken, happy to hear NB was back to normal this morning!
Old 12-26-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ken that sounds scary is NB ok for sure now?

Babs
Old 12-26-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

oh for sure the body is less resilient Sass, but my minds still young lol

D
Old 12-26-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Little guy is doing great today, I had totally forgotten last night that he tried to get through a baby gate at Tracy's and got his head stuck between the rails, trying to pull himself out I think he may have stressed his neck and shoulder muscles.

He followed me around for a few hours today as I cleaned up the old fence to get ready for new fence, which is supposed to start in the morning. Weather was near 60 today so he loved it outside.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good that you apparently figured it out, Ken! Glad NB is doing well today. Wish it were 60 here :-)
Old 12-27-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Makes sense that NB had a sore neck. Glad he's ok.
Got PT & AA today. we have just finished with a winter snow storm so, streetsare slippery and in the Western part of the state they have 15 inches of snow.
so, going to take it slow out there today.
Have a good one.
Babs
Old 12-27-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Babs, I hear you sent your snow storm our way. We're expecting a big storm later this week!
Old 12-27-2016, 11:50 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Back to work today, though just for one day then off again until next week.
We had everyone to us Boxing Day which went well, and yesterday hubby & I went to buy a load of stuff for taking across to Spain in the trailer in Feb. Getting excited and nervous, we will be pulling a trailer driving on the right in a right nad drive car pulling a big enclosed trailer. Should be fun!
We have to sort out things at home that we want to take with us as well

Sass, I know that feeling and I am younger than you! Struggled to creak out of bed this morning!

Budd glad the wee man is ok, daughters puppy at the moment can squeeze herself through the child gate! A real cutie. Molly hasn't met her yet as she has to have her jabs before Daughter will let her near other dogs.

Duff, I guess it was easier that hubby & his ex split years before I came on the scene. At one point I mentioned my ex. She asked if he ever got in touch. I replied 'I hope not... He's dead!' We both creased up! Also the kids are both in their thirties now so have their own lives.

Phoenix get them looking through a tube? Is that how you get the self basting ones?? Bit cruel!

Gil, glad you all enjoyed yours. What of your tenants are they still with you? What were their plans?

March onwards, Marcher
Old 12-28-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

My tenants have flown back to Sydney for the Christmas season to celebrate with the guy's family.

Things are going great with them: they're by far the best best roommates I've ever had. I think within the year they'll be moving closer in toward Washington.

We will probably look for new tenants.

It's so nice that you and your husband's ex are pleasant together, Toots! You have a lot of class!
Old 12-28-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Oh Toots sounds like you guys have quite the adventure in front of you.
and sounds like a lot of fun ta boot !
Doing well, Getting ready for a little trip next week. so, will probably be gone for about 4-5 days. I've got AA today and I guess I'll take down the tree today or tomorrow since we are going to be gone.
Babs