Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 22

Old 12-20-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Leezer great about the school. Crud is crap- stay well. Chicken soup.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good news, Lee!

Day 301 here. Got a nice note from my brother yesterday in response to my phone call about not coming for Christmas. It feels really good to be in a much (MUCH) better place with him.

Got a little surly with C last night (via text- both of us at work) after a good phone call earlier in the day, all about Christmas plans. I think by the time evening rolled around I had gotten into a self-pitying head space that was totally irrational, after feeling so mature and giving re plans earlier. There are just a lot of moving parts and I got anxious and insecure. I know he is working to make it best for the kids, me and himself. Amends this morning already.

Need a more profitable day for sure.

Hey Badger- hope all is well.

OT- have fun!! I'm not doing exactly that this year and there's no food delivery route on Christmas Day, so I need to think of something else.

Curious what others' Christmas Eve/Day traditions are that you're keeping? Everything being so different for me this year (church on the 23rd? New one)....

Happy day all-
A
Old 12-20-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

First sober Christmas. Well, first sober Christmas season. I'd usually be sober for Christmas Eve/Day because I would travel, see family, etc, but I'd drink around the holidays at my usual pace, which was always a lot!
I'm excited to have a sober holiday season.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OOTT- me, too.

We finally made plans and I am really excited. They include such different and fun things- church on 23rd (his church; they suggest regular members go then so that newcomers can come on the 24th, which is an interesting idea); the big noon meeting on Christmas Eve, riding the ferris wheel downtown (now that I got him over his fear of heights he is such a daredevil, ha), the Pink Pig (an old Atlanta tradition that was a big part of my childhood when at the big high rise Rich's dept store), and a nice dinner out.

I might be most excited about the present I got for both him and his daughter. A customized cookbook from Tasty (y'all may have seen their recipe videos on FB or other)- you get to pick up to 7 categories to make a custom book- and can inscribe a cover/intro page complete with emojis. Since he makes dinner every night and it's a thing for them (and she dabbles in vegetarianism, and they don't have a lot of time so the 30 min or whatever sections were cool, that kind of thing) and it is so cute and colorful. I might be more excited about it than they will be, but that's fine

Felt good to make enough to pay off the last installment of one of my medical bills last night. Now rent and insurance...

Lee, feeling any better?

Don't let the thread be crickets just 'cause we're busy, everyone!

Laters
A
Old 12-21-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have been down right snockered in front of family over holidays. One night I simply laid on the floor in the kitchen and passed out. At my Dad's house no less! Not my finest moment.

I am finally starting to slow down a little with work. I can breathe a little.

August - Nice to see you are working through your Christmas stuff. With hope this will be a great Christmas for you!

360 and Mel! Where you be? We have lost so many. Come check in.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello! Hope you feel better soon Lee and congrats on getting in to your third choice!Badger work is finally slowing down for me too. It was a marathon but now I have a break for a few days! Glad to hear everyone is doing well and cheerful for Christmas! I'm super happy and excited!
Old 12-21-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Badge for Badge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV-OLnUO9ZI
Old 12-21-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Badger.....you made me remember the Christmas Eve I passed out sitting up on the hearth....wine bottle and glass next to me....woke up to my Dad coming home from the airport with my brother and I was so out of it I thought my brother was my friend Kyle. I don't even have a friend named Kyle. . . . . I have so many stories that are only funny....now....sorta.... and probably only to other alcoholics

Great night at work.

Still feeling sleepy and upset at tummy, from new meds. Probably going to see how it goes through Christmas and call my dr next week if not cleared up.

Happy happy eves to all-
A
Old 12-21-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, Kyle!
Old 12-22-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oh I've had my Christmas embarrassments for sure. But I am pretty much like OOTT and others--I kept it together for Christmas Eve and Christmas, unless other people were intoxicated. Then that was my green light. I'd still get more wasted than most of them but most of them didn't notice.

Thanks to everyone for asking about my health. I am doing great, just really drugged up on 5 medications, but I feel better each day. Weird, but better. I HATE steroids, but they REALLY help me, so I just have to deal with the crazy. Thanks for asking! I have about 1 more week of meds and I should be right as rain. I did get a positive out of it. I had to have a major chest X-ray, and they said my lungs, other than the mild symptoms, looked GREAT. This was great news because I smoked like a CHIMNEY from ages 15-27.

My Christmas plans are to stay in Highlands, NC for December 23-26, then Atlanta for the 26-29 with family. I'm excited because this, too for me, will be my first sober Christmas season. I feel strong though. 10 months (almost) in makes it not even an issue. I also didn't have holiday party obligations this year because of the kind of odd days the holidays are, so I've been good.
Have a great day folks! I'm so excited to be off from Dec 23-Jan9th!!

I am 100% sure about graduate school. I love my job, but 21 years is enough, and even with all of the holidays, I am grossly underpaid for my level of education and am just bored with the job (not the kids).
Old 12-22-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Lee! What are you going to do while you are here in my fair city?? Please avoid 285 if possible. And everyone is right- Atlanta traffic (not just on 285) sucks. Patience, grasshopper.

Good morning, all.

A
Old 12-22-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Morning all, headed from beach to desert. This airport is small but busy so super crazy. I'm hiding from a customer I spotted. I see sooo many darling dogs in Christmas sweaters and hats traveling. Going to try and pet them all if their people say ok

Have a great Holiday everyone! No drinking, isn't something I ever did around family so in the clear. I can't wait to hear all the places my grand neph found the Elf. We need to incorporate Boxing Day here in US! Is it Happy Boxing Day to you Dee and OT?

Xoxoxo
Old 12-22-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

We Have Boxing Day in Oz yeah Penny on the 26th, It's mostly a retail day now though

D
Old 12-22-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Boxing Day is really just an excuse to have another day off work Penny.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Santa is coming soon!

Everyone being good?
Old 12-22-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Super Cool. I have not listened to Cream in a while. Interesting story on the name Badge too.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

sloppy handwriting for the win

D
Old 12-22-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

If there is ever a year I am on the "nice" list it is this one! Fa sho, me and my sober self made it

Why is it that Brits say "Happy" Christmas instead of "Merry?" Feel like I should know that....

Another good night at work- hopefully one more profitable lunch before the whole weekend off.

Night to all-
A
Old 12-23-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm going to Peter Piper Pizza with a 4 year old today. Wish me luck. At least there is no giant furry rat mascot there.

This might make all the difference getting on the nice list!!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

August. You have been good. I am going to personally put in a good word for you with the authorities.