Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 11-08-2016, 01:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Ugggh. Awake at 3am!! Whatever. What would do without 3am COPS on tv? Hopefully I'll go back to sleep. It's the new antidepressant. I won't need it so much down south though!!

Forester, this is one heck of a stressful Election Day. Terrified here.

One thing that will be interesting is all of the States that vote on legalizing weed. I'm sober now, but those edibles, cough drops and such, are effective medications. I had one, one night and it was it was incredibly relaxing. I take a benzo as needed, the weed products are probably safer. Massachusetts is only 30 minutes from me and it would be right there. I cannnot imagine smoking anything. We have medical marijuana in my state, but I need to spend $500 with all of the different appointments and applications and fees. I'm simply not paying it. Oh well. Better staying clean.

My friend is getting out of the hospital today and I'm not looking forward to it. She's going to need me for everything. I thought 3 weeks inpatient and she might be stabile enough and that services would be set up for her. Not the case.

I gave notice on my apartment and have to take care of everything right now. Today is a wash. The rest of the week I need clear the apartment, sell stuff, organize, I need to do it all myself which is rough. Easier to have someone to help. But I've done a good job getting rid of most of my things already.

I can't let my friend interfere with this. Even if I have to turn off my phone. I want to be out in 10-14 days because I just can't stand it here anymore.

thanks

Viper
Old 11-08-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Optimist, hope you check in time to time. EDC and Forester, 😊 glad things going well. 5uper

I'm with you Viper, completely terrified. I'm going to get Ben and Jerry's before watching the results as I foresee thoughts of drinking and want to prepare. Its sickening what has been happening in our country. I look at my neighbors with suspicion after my sign was vandalized, we are divided now. It's not the United States anyway. It's the Partisan States.

We need prayers here today from across the pond please....
Old 11-09-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

I'm losing it. I need my Benzo or 2 right now!! I went off on some redneck scumbags, rubbing this in everyone's face as loud as they could at the coffee shop this morning. I verbally excoriated them. 7 of them, and just me. I won it. They shut the hell up. Not cool for me, but someone needs to do it. I don't tolerate racism anywhere. "Obama needs to go back to Kenya???" Omg

Old 11-09-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
I'm losing it. I need my Benzo or 2 right now!! I went off on some redneck scumbags, rubbing this in everyone's face as loud as they could at the coffee shop this morning. I verbally excoriated them. 7 of them, and just me. I won it. They shut the hell up. Not cool for me, but someone needs to do it. I don't tolerate racism anywhere. "Obama needs to go back to Kenya???" Omg

I get it Viper, totally. Completely devastated. I thought I knew some friends in real life who now feel free to spew hatred on "them". I am them, we are all "them". I took a benzo too. We need a pact not to drink, ok?
Old 11-11-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well I'm getting on with my life. I am very nervous about moving out. It's been since 1998 and it's all I know. But I'm not happy here. I paid the last rent I will ever pay here or pay for a long time at the first of the month.

Luckily I cleaned my friend's place, which is now beautiful and I can set up there. Getting a camping mattess today! Plane ticket to paradise on Dec 1.

She's out of the hospital and is doing way better. Way better. If this holds I'll have saved her life. She started crying her eyes out when she saw her apartment. It is a beatiful place. It had turned into a nightmare. Every inch was scrubbed, carpets shampooed, new bed, matress, bedding, towels. 20 large black trash bags removed from a tiny place.

The fact that she came back to the clean lovely place I think made a difference. Imagine coming home from a month in the hospital to a filthy hell hole? That and the hospital took her seriously and kept her as long as possible.

I want to be out of the apartment ASAP. I found a guy with a truck to remove my sofa, big chair, and other larger objects I can't handle. It will be one pickup load and that's $100. Someone is buying my bed (4 year old $1000 Serta memory foam matress, I like the new futon I bought for my friend better. It's firm).

I'm feverishly listing stuff today. eBay and CL. Bought an expensive camera 6 moths ago that I do not like (going to buy something else for my journalism aspirations). I have other good stuff too. The problem is my building is an artist building and they are having an open house that will be crazy this weekend, so cleaning out and Craigslist buyers will be hard to handle.

Ok talk later.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Penny drinking would have made this whole thing worse. Like you said, 'the hate.' The vitriol, the putrid, vile words, the anger... they got what they wanted and can't shut up about Hillary and Pres. Obama. Give it up!!!!

Ok can't get too political on here. We're all
On the same team people.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

If someone had told me a year ago that we'd be coming out of the EU (I'm in UK) and Trump would have President in front of his name I'd have never believed it. Let's hope his bark is worse than his bite.

Drinking only makes things worse, always and every time, but you already know that.

Was away on work with someone I hadn't been away with before. Explained I wouldn't be drinking at the hotel and they didn't make a fuss. They had one beer and one glass of wine. I wondered if their sensible drinking was for my benefit, but more likely this is how normal drinkers do it. They just approach it very differently, and this is becoming more obvious to me as I observe other drinkers sober. I'd have necked several beers, a bottle of wine maybe two, then more beers to finish. They'd have probably adjusted their drinking up a little but I'd have been too far gone to notice I was drinking a lot more. The next morning I would console myself that we'd both overdone it, I wasn't alone, when in truth they'd have probably got through a fraction of what I did. I think normal drinkers adjust their intake to the occassion and people they are with, but never to great excess. I would just drink as much as I could wherever.

Have a great weekend all.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys in order to keep SR the great place it is, I'm letting every group thread know the rules about political content and whats acceptable here and what's not.

Please do read

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-politics.html

D
Old 11-14-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good going 5uper! It's freeing when the obsession lightens, isn't it? I always managed to stealthily drink more than others at those events. Even bits of others wine when they weren't looking.

Speaking of freeing... Viper! I can't believe you will be departing soon! It seems so long ago when you were first posting about it, but it's only been a few months! These months have seemed quite long to me, don't know what that is about. A new start is so appealing, I'm so glad you made that happen for yourself!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Happy Monday !
Old 11-15-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!

I'm very good. I was very worried about the world, but I need to get on with it.

THE MASSIVE APARTMENT IS EMPTY! Just about anyway. I have the couch and chair to be removed, plus my tv and a couple of small tables.

The TV is already spoken for (someone offered to buy it). I sold a whole bunch of stuff on Craigslist over the last week. People come, they take your stuff away and hand you money. Plus I have things on eBay.

I've got to say, 90% of people buying things on CL are really cool people. It's like the difference between Airbnb types and Hotel types. It's an alternative way to do things. I think it attracts a very diverse and open group of folks. I could go on and on about the people, but the pony is that we are all so much more alike than we are different.

Ok getting tired. I'll check back in asap. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

So I was in bed while posting last night and could not keep my eyes open.

The apartment is officially leased out to someone else for Jan 1. I'm on a plane on dec 1. I really can't believe I got to this point. I was scared and now I'm just psyched!! I'm going on an adventure!! No plan after Florida yet. Time to hunker down and do more research. Find a volunteer gig, maybe a wildlife rehab faculty or working with orphans, whatever. I want to help people or animals. I have the best English degree there is, so I can always each that. We will see!!

I'm seeing my therapist today, which is good. We've come a long way in 15 months. He's going to be totally psyched too. I'm a different person. He told me he it means a lot to him that he was able to be a part of this. It think I'm a rewarding client for him, not to brag.

Dee remember all the classes I've been in here where I talked about this and never did anything?? It's been YEARS. You've seen it.

Thank you to everyone here.

I could not do this without this community. I'll have you no matter where I am.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Penny, JL

Sounds like you've well and truly taken life by the horns Viper, exciting times! They say life is what happens whilst we're making plans, well I'd say your living it now.

On something like 115 days now, getting harder to keep track. Still losing weight but slower, I've lost 1.5 stones which is about 12% of my total body weight without dieting/trying, and I reckon there's another 0.5 stone to come before I level off. Thats nearly 30 x 1lb bags of alcohol fuelled sugar I'd been carrying around all these years. Scary!
Old 11-16-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your new chapter Viper
well done on the weight loss 5upersonic
D
Old 11-16-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on your new chapter Viper
well done on the weight loss 5upersonic
D
Congrats 5uper! That's a lot of weight! I'm down about 10 lbs without trying much. My feet are a 1/2 size smaller which is weird. All my shoes are too big. Maybe my toes are curling under like claws, idk

Viper, what can I say? Absolutely incredible. You've rid yourself of the addiction, the "stuff" weighing you down, helped your friend ALOT, AND leaving the cold weather. Please keep posting from sunny Florida! Maybe you can find a good ND down there too.

I've been relying on benzos too much this past crazy week, I really have to be aware of that now. They are for emergencies if I feel tempted to drink but have been using them to control extreme emotions. Oh dear.

The end of the year is tough for me. Thanksgiving, birthday, Christmas and lots of pressure at work. (End the year Strong, yadayada) . I'm getting involved in community things I feel strongly about, so hope that will help balance the pressure, anxiety.

Off to meet friends for drinks. I've found I prefer the sparkling water with lime over the mocktails! I'm always the first one to leave now

Xoxoxo
Old 11-18-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Got a Christmas party and a meet up with old friends in the diary. Both would have involved heavy drinking before, but I'm sure I can make it through without.

One thing is troubling me though. One of my old friends is a regular coke user, and it usually comes out before the night is over. Its not something I do any other time, and a voice in my head is saying it'll be fine as long as I dont drink. I only see them once or twice a year. I think this is my AV talking.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Crash and burn last night!!!! Not Acceptable. I had to come clean immediately. Onward and upward. Tons of water and good food tonight. Early to bed and back at it tomorrow. I did 'ok' today. I'll make till the 1st and I have Yoga every day for 30 days in Florida set up. My sister is forcing me to go. So that could cure this or help a lot.

Encouragement please...
Old 11-19-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm feeling really anxious. Like everything is a mistake. I ruined my confidence. I think I'll come back but today is bad really bad.

Come on guys log in
Old 11-19-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's natural to feel a little apprehensive before a big change I think Viper - I'm sure you'll enjoy the new chapter in your life though

D
Old 11-19-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee