# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2016 Part 8

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

D
Old 09-24-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Winslow, I feel like everyone else who has posted--I hope you reconsider staying here with us. I will miss you and your updates, and I do think we are still in the same place and can support each other.
Most importantly, I hope if you are still drinking you put it down and start again with day 1. I know being sober doesn't immediately solve our problems (as we are all learning), but I know for a fact that's there's nothing that drinking makes better. You are one lovely, strong lady, and you deserve more.

Midwest, ugghh poison ivy...yuck. Hope it clears soon and not too painful or itchy

Tati, thinking of you. Send us an update when you can.

All, happy Sat to you. Wishing you each a strong and sober day.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Suzie! It isn't too bad. I have had it a lot worse. It really isn't itchy. I used a medicated poison ivy scrub and it worked really well. I hope you are doing well too.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy weekend all!
Old 09-26-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-26-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi All, ring ring I'm back online with some slight changes to me!. All is going great. Hope you all are well, I am 176 days today, is that 6 months? Pretty chuffed with myself.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!! Welcome back
Old 09-26-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations Belier!

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone has a great Monday! I am going to go shopping today and out to lunch. Nothing new to report. I feel really great.

It is going to be a awesome week for camping the high is only mid seventies all week.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Belier View Post
Hi All, ring ring I'm back online with some slight changes to me!. All is going great. Hope you all are well, I am 176 days today, is that 6 months? Pretty chuffed with myself.
Congraz on 6 months.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 172, 48 Pounds down.

Good Morning All,

I am feeling pretty good, but I do have my bad day’s stills. For example, every time I drink coffee now I get a discomfort under my let side of my ribcage. It goes away after a bit. But I never had this problem.

I want to share this issue, because I read that Tati and Winslow aren’t doing too good. My intension isn’t to scare you, but just to provide you with some information, so that you can make a proper choice.

After almost 6 months of being sober my body is now starting to feel a lot better and sensations are starting to come back. But I am also running into issues that were cause by the many years of drinking.

I didn’t hit the hard stuff too often; my addiction was beer on an everyday basis. I didn’t drink from morning till night, it was 8 16oz can a day and that was a good day. I of cause would lose control and end up drink more and end up blacking out. When I awoke the next morning I felt like **** and that wasn’t the worst part of it. It was trying to fix the damage I cause by words I said or the way I acted. We all felt the same way, we done thing we regret. But this isn’t what I wanted to point out you.

It’s the damage you cause to your body is mind blowing. I have research many hours and have been purchasing supplements to try to replenish my body deficiency cause by drinking. Every organ in your body is affected, from your brain that produces hormones to your heart, circulation, liver, kidney, gut and what I have just found out your pancreas. All of these are effected and a few more I didn’t mansion. I have up to this point been able to use many different supplement to replenish my hurting organs.

The best thing to do is STOP drinking now, before it’s too late. Your body is taking the punishment now, but there will be a point where it will stop healing itself. The point of no return. Please, Please, Please. Don’t give up. Keep trying. If you fall, GET back up. WE are all here for you. WE were all there at one point. WE understand what you are going thru. Keep posting and keep trying. Fight for your life, cause that is what you are fight for.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post Josec! It is a good reminder for all of us.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes, thanks Josec, that was a very true reminder.

I was reading the 1 year and under club posts seems like some really good topics and discussions going on there also.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats Belier and Josec on your milestones. Well done!

I'm off to bed. Goodnight everyone.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the milestones guys - good to see you Belier

D
Old 09-26-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Josec,

Thanks for your advice. Reality is what it is.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been around for a while again. I've been genuinely busy which is great.

Do you remember me saying last time I posted about having drinking dreams and thinking about drinking. I think I found out why. I had had a problem with my gum - it was sore and I presume it was some infection so I bought one of those antiseptic mouth washes. I'd been using it every night before bed and sometimes in the morning as well. It had a really strong taste and when I looked at the ingredients it said 7% ethanol!! I was obviously taking me back to drinking strong drinks. The gum problem cleared up and I stopped using it and I've not thought about it since.

I can't stand the smell of cordial because when I was really bad I would water vodka down with straight cordial and it knocks me sick now.

Things are still going ok. My OH has had his references through for his job so I'm just raying he gets through them ok. I will be devastated if he loses this job now. I was trying not to get excited but I know I will be heart broken if it's taken away from us.

I'm still keeping up with my training. Only 2.5 weeks no until my half marathon. Still don't know how I will manage it though :/

Lovely post btw Josec!
Old 09-28-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you charliesworld and yeah some of those mouthwashes can be really trigger-y.

D
Old 09-28-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Charliesworld- good to hear from you. I hope your husbands new job continues to go okay! It seems like it will if nothing has been said so far!

That makes sense about the mouthwash. Some of them are really strong. I buy the alcohol free kind but if I thought I was getting a tooth infection I would buy the regular too. I am glad it is better now so you don't need to use it!!

Keep up the training for your marathon! I think you are going to do great. Not to many people even try one.

I hope everyone else is doing good too. It's kinda slowed down on here. I have been reading on the one year and under and I'll probably read the weekender thread too.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning Midwest, Charlie, Everyone. Just a quick hello. Really busy week this week. Works even crazier than usual and with s big org announcement couple weeks out, people are on edge and unmotivated. The details are being kept very quiet. I actually kind of wonder if I'm going to have a substantial role change out of it. Not worried really, just anxious to know. I'm saying the Serenity prayer in my head multiple times per day. Need to run...have to leave soon to my drop my girls at cross country practice. Will try to write longer update tonight. I agree Midwest...very quiet on here...