Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 28

Old 09-24-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
What's up tonight TS? Your Friday night?
Just got home Mariah !
yea,...my 3 day weekend started 14 minutes ago !!

That's hilarious Up,.... it took me a second !
Old 09-25-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Enjoy TS
Old 09-25-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I always have late nights Mariah, mind won't shut off.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday, ya'll. It's been another nice weekend. Cooked good food, got my workout in yesterday, and got to enjoy the game with some friends. This is the crowd in which I'm the only sober one. There is no pressure to drink, but I did help pass around a marijuana pipe around the sectional couches as everyone watched the game. I think that would send alarm bells off for most and see it as playing with fire. For me it's not really a trigger. THC was the one substance I would shy away from in active addiction. It was just an instant dose of paranoia for me. All that said, I think it's prudent not to put myself in that place again.

Anyways, nice Sunday thus far. It's a nice 69 F day, got my Sunday meeting in, and just planning a day of rest. The meeting really hit home. I have a sense of self, peace, and acceptance.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Let us know how the chair works out Mariah- great idea! We are selling/giving away lots of furniture before the big move in 5 days- there's no room for some stuff and no need for others. And we have successfully worn out our living room furniture(again) ...

Where are you Obo?! I hope he's not too overtaken by the outlaws ...

Yes, I would prefer a paying job but until someone hires me I thought any type of experience might help the resume? Employers don't seem too impressed with what I've been up to for the past 15 years. still looking ....

saving money ... We have all kinds of tricks in the kitchen ... Then we get busy & eat out and that always seems like such a waste of cash!

Hang tough fools
Old 09-25-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Noolan- so you just passed it? That does seem like a difficult position to be in - way to keep up your sobriety- I don't think I'd be able to be that strong!
Old 09-25-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post
Noolan- so you just passed it? That does seem like a difficult position to be in - way to keep up your sobriety- I don't think I'd be able to be that strong!
Yeah, it was stupid in retrospect considering my history. Well, marijuana started making me paranoid around 22 or 23, so over the next 5 years, I went from an everyday smoker to months in between hits in active addiction and hated it every time. So I wasn't tempted by it in all honesty. I know that I'm an addict and a fickle one at that, so having a pipe in my hand isn't an ideal scenario. Then again I know someone in recovery who is a bar tender. I could never do that.

I guess my takeaway is hooray, I didn't feel the need to use, but let's not put myself in that position in the future.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

So Fridays the moving day Izzy? Moving house is so exciting. You never know what you might find. One time I found some really old stamps, king George, under some lino in one of the bedrooms of a newly bought home- not quite Penny Blacks but interesting all the same. Old attics are the best, except when all you find is woodworm, that's not terribly exciting.

Obo, hope you're doing OK, check in if you can.

I've spent the day with my parents and my sister's family today. It's lovely to catch up, plus we had a walk along the beach, which was a real tonic. I don't usually make time for a walk on a Sunday, although my parents only live 5 minutes from the coast, but from now on I'll try to make it a habit - it really blew away the cobwebs in my mind.

Holidays well and truly over now, back to the real world tomorrow!

Have a great start to week everyone.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

That's amazing Noolan!
Old 09-25-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

My peaceful Sunday just took a 180. My uncle called( who I had not talked to in years) to tell me my cousin is struggling with some opiates and benzos and they are hoping to convince him to go to the treatment center I went to. He was just calling for advice prior to a mini-intervention they are staging for him. I offered to come speak with my cousin, but he asked I just sit tight and he or my cousin may call later.

Beyond the sadness I feel for him right now, the immediate thought that jumped into my brain after typing about the pipe is imagine if I would have relapsed yesterday. I wouldn't be in a position to help today. It sucks my cousin is going through the same struggle, but it's nice to be sober today and be able to be there if needed. Recovery is a powerful, challenging, but rewarding thing.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I really hope your cousin finds his way Noolan.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope all goes smoothly with the move Izzy! Moving a family is a big job. I have done a lot around here the last couple of weeks & I feel like a weights lifted purging & organizing &. Now I'm going to wrap up the garden & cozy in for the winter.

Temps back up to 90s this week.

Obo, please let us know you are OK.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Noolan, I totally agree, people who have gone through the sober journey (or are going through the sober journey) have a wisdom that is so valuable for others who are going through these sort of challenges. It's great that you're able to help your cousin.

Mariah, great work on the house and garden

Chilli non-carne this evening. I've made a few changes to my usual recipe. I'm hoping it will be palatable, it's amazing what a chopped up apple can do to a dish!

Hope everyone's had a good start to the week.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I've just had a taste, I'm not sure I'd recommend the apple treatment after all, a bit disappointing! (But not quite bad enough for the compost heap )
Old 09-27-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning everyone.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

You too Up dentist appt this am & now headed to work. Hardly slept Monday night but hard sleep for 12 hrs last night.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Morning Up, and everyone else. Well it's afternoon, but the sentiment is the same.

Not much came of hearing back from my uncle or cousin. Not having spoken to either in a few years and not knowing how the conversation went, I've just decided to keep them in my thoughts and hope for the best. I don't want to interject myself into a situation either.

Things are all good on my end. I did skip one of my meetings yesterday and replaced it with a generic AA meeting today. It was ok. I may have hit a plateau with some of AA. Nothing dramatic is going to change from my routine in terms of meetings, but I get more from SR these days.

Besides that, making chili tonight and excited for school to start next week. It's time to see if I can carry my discipline I've been working on and apply it to academia. Have a great day!
Old 09-27-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

A 12 hr sleep sounds fabulous, Mariah. Hope the dentist went well. I have my check up in a couple weeks. It comes round too quickly.

Hope you're well rested too UP!

It's been a long day at work today so I'm off to bed too.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hi Noolan!
Old 09-27-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I know you will Noolan! Excited for you!

Lunch break & headed back to work....I did cross stitch with ladies this afternoon & playing cards with another group this evening.

Rest well Free!