Notices

Angie 247's thread - This new sober life Part 4

Old 02-05-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

on 90 days love!!! Woo Hoo!! So happy for you!
Old 02-05-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Angie - 90 days is great. Even better is that you are feeling the positive effects of sober living. Good going!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone so very much!! I wouldn't have made it without your support.

We're enjoying a nice night. Alex and I watched Emperors New Groove, such a cute movie. I requested next Monday off just for a three day weekend and besides, I have lots of vacation time. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Angie

D
Old 02-07-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

on 3 months dearest Angie!!!
Old 02-08-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

A long weekend sounds nice and relaxing.

It also shows how far you've come that you would look forward to that time.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Doing great at 96 days. Made myself a pancake and bacon breakfast this morning. Enjoying my three day weekend.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Angie - enjoy

D
Old 02-13-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

98 days. Enjoyed my day off but I'm also dealing with something that quite a lot of people are having to go through now and that is allergies. I have sneezed so much today, took some non drowsy Claritin early this morning and that did help some. Sneezing up a storm tonight but I expect to be asleep soon because I'm very tired. It was a productive day, I got Alex's valentines for school and we did those plus I bought Alex's valentines gifts. Have not had urges to drink lately and that's been so nice. I'm ready to stop sneezing but I'm doing good. Thank you everyone so much for your kindness and support. <3
Old 02-13-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better after a sleep Angie

D
Old 02-14-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

I once sneezed 100 times in a row. I know, it sounds impossible.
Another time my history teacher made me leave the classroom because I was disrupting everyone with my sneezing....aren't allergies fun?

I hope your sneezes subside so that you can get some sleep love.
And you are a wonderful mum, again: I'm sure Alex will be thrilled with the gifts.

And you are doing so beautifully love. I'm glad you've had no urges to drink...it is a fantastic feeling when all of that passes for us.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Recovering

Originally Posted by Angie247 View Post
98 days. Enjoyed my day off but I'm also dealing with something that quite a lot of people are having to go through now and that is allergies. I have sneezed so much today, took some non drowsy Claritin early this morning and that did help some. Sneezing up a storm tonight but I expect to be asleep soon because I'm very tired. It was a productive day, I got Alex's valentines for school and we did those plus I bought Alex's valentines gifts. Have not had urges to drink lately and that's been so nice. I'm ready to stop sneezing but I'm doing good. Thank you everyone so much for your kindness and support. <3
People without allergies don't know how much sneezing can hurt when it won't stop.

I get sent outside the house!
Old 02-14-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

^^^

That doesn't sound fair love.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

100 days today. :-). Woke up feeling so guilty because I had a dream that I was drinking. I don't remember much about the dream now, only that I was drinking. It was just that, a dream or a nightmare I should say. Life is so much better now. I'm very grateful. Thank you so much everyone. <3
Old 02-15-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

on 100 days dearest Angie!!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

I'm feeling better tonight. I haven't talked about it much on here but I've been dealing with some self loathing lately, more than usual. My therapist and I are talking about it and I think getting it out is helping.

My ex husband sent me a few texts the other night and they were the usual, him not wanting to pay me child support and complaining about it. I did not engage with him but I'm tired of it. For a few minutes, I was crying over it, just tired of the stress and frustrated. Thoughts of drinking came up and I thought that I deserved the sad life that I had before when I was drinking. It was a rough few minutes. After crying, I went and splashed some water on my face and put something funny (golden girls) on tv. I felt better. Alex was sleeping so he didn't see any of this. His dad texted me the next day and apologized. He said in the text that since he cut out alcohol in his life and alcohol was his outlet when he felt uptight, his words. He's like this and always has been with the excuses. I know because I was always full of excuses for my behavior.

I have a three day weekend and I'm looking forward to it. I hope that I can be a little productive instead of lounging around all the time. LOL, I'll enjoy myself anyway.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

So much love dearest Angie.

I am glad you have your counsellor to talk to about all of this.
It's hard sometimes not to get bogged down by our pasts: painful memories can intrude when we least expect them to. I have been dealing with some of that lately as well. But look how far we've come? We deserve to celebrate our successes, and be proud of ourselves.

I know how very proud I am of you.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Angie - I think you are just amazing.

I'm so inspired by the way you "let it go" by splashing water on your face and watching a funny show. (Golden Girls is awesome).

I'm also inspired by you seeing through your exes excuses.

You deserve to be treated so much better than someone who behaves the way he does, so I'm inspired that you are actively working on that with a therapist.

All of this shows that we can change, we can grow, we can have better lives.

I think what you're doing to keep your side of the street clean is great work.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Thank you so much venuscat and Glee for your very sweet comments. I appreciate it so much. I was incredibly touched by your comments. I'm very lucky to have found SR and I'm grateful for you.

Have had a very nice three day weekend. I'm grateful for a job but I'm dreading work tomorrow. The morale just isn't good but I'm going to try to remain as positive as I can. All I can do is my best and stay out of the drama. Our supervisor mentioned our collective ages in a meeting when she was telling us that some things weren't being done and it ticked off a bunch of people. I don't think that she is supposed to be mentioning our ages, people were going to go to human resources about it last week.

No desire to drink. Life is so much better. I'm at a little over 100 days and sometimes I think that I feel the brain fog but it's so much better and not everyday or really even every week. It will take some time for my body to heal.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

I used to have a supervisor like that.....she drove me crazy. And pushed all of my buttons. But getting upset about her (very bad) behaviour only ended up stressing me more and more.

I always tell myself that the only person's behaviour I can control is my own.
Sometimes that helps.

Hoping tomorrow is not a stressful day for you love.
Remember to breathe, and remember that we care about you.