# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2011 Part 25

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-24-a-20.html

D
Old 07-22-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi everyone ! Having a good day so far ---had that AV on my shoulder this morning. I think because I made it again to 3 months. It thinks I should celebrate. Well, I came here to celebrate yet another day of being sober.
Hugs
Babs
Old 07-22-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks for the new thread Dee

Congratulations on 3 months Babs don't listen to that nasty AV.

Part 25 for the class of March 11
Old 07-22-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys - congrats Babs

D
Old 07-24-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on reaching 3 months, Babs! You got this!

Part 25?! What the whaaa? We rock!
Old 07-25-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for the congratulations ! going in tomorrow for cataract surgery and then I get to go again next week for the other eye. Ugh.
It will be just fine.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Babs
Old 07-25-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
orangutan

Best wishes Babs.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow, Babs..I'll be thinking of you!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi All,

Thought I'd check in. I read back a bit, and owe a huge congrats to mirage for 5 years! I'm proud of each of your sobriety points, old and new. Sorry I missed Dave, and hope he comes back.

I've still been drinking, but haven't today. It might be the right day to call Day 1. I'm still in counseling, individually, and marriage, and know the time is right for me to quit. I like both counselors, but unfortunately, my wife and I agreed with our counselor that we are 80% sure divorce is coming. It's a shame, as I was hoping it would help us work it out, but I think it's just helped us realize how far apart we are. It won't be easy, so it will be good to become sober again. I'd like to say at least we stayed together until the kids were grown, but I think we've probably scarred them more that we should have with all the drinking and fighting. What I really know is that I can't continue to live this way; both the drinking and the fighting. We have just never grown together in our 23 years. Sad, but true.

One of our issues was my time on SR. My wife would get jealous and suspicious of my time here. Now that it doesn't matter anymore, I hope I can join back in the conversation, and the sobriety.

I've been a wreck since my associates death in April. I had written his parents a long letter at that time, and she called me yesterday to thank me. Obviously, she was broken up. I've never met his parents, but will be meeting them at the gravesite in the next couple weeks. I still miss him lots, but have worked through much of my grief.

I've been having some successes, though. My doc changed my ADD medicine, and it's working wonders. I had lost much of my executive motor function between drinking and my former meds no longer working. And I was literally the walking dead, numb from all the fighting. But, I seem to be coming back.

I hope your cataract surgery went well today, babs! I had a root canal yesterday, and the doctor was an expert; no pain during or after, and only local anesthetic was used. I now have to get the molar crowned, coming up next month.

Glad your music is going well, Dee! I have a nephew making it in the industry, and my daughter is making it in the YouTube and modeling world.

My son has had much progress since I last posted, and now has a good full-time job and will attend community college in the fall. My other son gets back from overseas at the end of Sept, and will likely deploy shortly after.

Much love and admiration for each of you. I'm looking forward to renewed sobriety and serenity.

Peace,

Lofty
Old 07-26-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Lofty. It would be great for you - and us - to be here more regularly, I think

D
Old 07-27-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, Dee. Agreed. I fell away for many reasons, including my ipad screen had shattered. Coincidentally, I completed the diy repair yesterday for less than $40. Cant believe it worked! Glad you didnt stay gone too long, and understand being mindful of balance in life. I really like the improve,ents to SR!
Old 07-27-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hi everyone !
Great to hear from you Lofty---Please keep coming back.
Surgery went just fine yesterday and now I get to do it all over again next
week on the other eye. I'm going in this morning for a recheck and then I'm going to a AA meeting around 1:00 ---looking for ward to the meeting.
I still have what they call floaters in my eye so, going to keep this short.
Hugs
Babs
Old 07-27-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Glad it went well, Babs! I have a lot of clients who go through that surgery. It seems the industry has it down pat. Good luck with the other eye!

Day 2 adventures begin.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thanks Lofty -----I really look goofy---they took out my one lens and talk about funny looking. I told them it's a good way to get attention. ha ha ah ha
It will be ok----I get to do it all over again next week.
Babs
Old 07-27-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Lofty
Welcome back Babs - glad all went well!

D
Old 07-28-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 1 again. And this after a good day of work, and an attempt to explain mysellf to my wife, which, as usual, ended in argument. Counseling session this afternoon. I cant afford to go into another depression episode. Something's gotta give, and, for me, it has to be booze.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

((((Lofty))) Things will get better and coming here does really help.
With out SR I would still be at the bottom of the barrel. Keep coming back.
Babs
Old 07-28-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Lofty

yeah, let booze give...you'll look back one day soon and marvel at the difference, I promise
D
Old 07-28-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Lofty!!!!!! Great to see you back again. Sorry things have been rough for you. I do hope you decide to stick around and give sobriety another go.

Glad the surgery went well Babs.

What a day I had yesterday , I was looking forward to a day out shopping and you all know how much I like that. Up early to beat the traffic ( cause I still have driving anxiety) and the car wouldn't start , I had to wake my husband up to look at the car , my battery was flat , we got it started with jumper leads and off I go but not to the shops I had to go to auto electricians first , they tested my battery and told me it was no good and I needed a new one ( which my husband thought would be the case). $170 later I was ready to go shopping , groceries only now . NOT the happy day out I had planned for myself. I also lost all confidence in the car and was that anxious I couldn't wait to get home.

Rant over.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think of the shopping build up you'll have for the next shopping trip Aussie

D