Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 25

Old 08-23-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

PBC---did you find something to occupy your time? I get to go in for a dex scan
today---it's a scan that tells how your bones are doing. Never get enough those crazy apts. ugh----
Have a great day everyone
Babs
Old 08-23-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Girl, you do NOT need more on your plate. lol You are one of the busiest people I know.

I've not had a bone scan yet. Fun? It sounds like a real blast. Hope it goes well!

Have a great Tues/Wed, everyone! Check in, Aussiegirl!
Old 08-24-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ha! I spent some time working on the book I'm writing. I need to get to that more often, truthfully, or it will never get finished.

It's 8pm and I'm pretty much ready for bed. I'm tired. It's crazy how much sleep I seem to need since getting sober. But, I'm willing to get it because it's WAY better than drinking! And I feel WAY better in the morning afterward, too.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

have a great week-end everyone !
Babs
Old 08-26-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
orangutan

checking in DAY10
Old 08-26-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff Aussie
have a good weekend Babs and everyone

D
Old 08-27-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi guys !
Hope everyone is doing fine. I'm at the lake and there was a bond fire
last night and It was fun everyone giving each other a bad time. almost everyone had a beverage but, it didn't bother me. and I feel great today.
So glad to be here and sober.
Hugs
Babs
Old 08-28-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Babs
glad you had a good time, it's a big deal when you can be at a gathering and others drinking doesn't bother you , so well done.
Always a stumbling block for me.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks Aussie---this crew which is close to about 26 have seen me in all kinds of shape. from falling out of my chair to repeating the same thing over and over and just plain stupid. Although they have given me a run for my money. ha ha I'm the one that is thankful. I do like being sober and in control. I'm learning if I don't join in on that kind of fun that I'm really not missing a darn thing. and most of them are my real friends. Drunk and sober.
I'm just so happy to be able to come here and tell it like it is.
Babs
Old 08-30-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Great job, aussie...glad to see you're back on the bus.

You're right, Babs..we're really not missing a thing. Just a crappy hangover and bad stomach. I don't miss that. Even when I didn't over-drink, I don't think alcohol affected me, like it did others. That feeling of just wanting more and not being satisfied with one or two, was awful. Sometimes I envy people who are just enjoying a light buzz or the relaxing effects of one or two at dinner, but I have to remind myself, that was never me. I was either planning when I could have more or being miserable cuz I couldn't. I'm not gonna lie, I still get envious in certain situations, I just have to remind myself that that's not how it works for me. That alcohol is different for me. And really, I'm around it pretty rarely. I've never been a party person anyway, it's not like I'm around drinkers very often. It's amazing how that AV still can creep up at times, though. Sometimes I'm amazed I ever broke free from that addiction, it's so freakin strong.

Oldest taking his road test for his driver's license in 2 days. Wish him luck! Did you know the parent has to ride in the back while they test?? What?! I don't wanna sit in the car! sheesh. So that's happening this week. Youngest playing soccer 2-3 games a week, they're doing well but it's still bloody hot, and they only have 2 extra players to swap out, so he plays the whole game. lol Pretty miserable by the end, but he's having fun. School starts on the 6th. We're going up north for this weekend to my bro's, should be fun.

Have a great day/week all!
Old 08-30-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

hi guys !
Mirage---OMG I don't think I could sit in the back either while my child was taking a driving test !! Whoa---I would have my foot on the floor and my hand on the door rest. I wish him the best and to you too ! ! it will be fine. It's just something you have to do.
Having a good day--took my car in for a re-call and that came back fine and going to AA at noon. Looking forward to it. I don't speak much at this meeting but do enjoy listening . I can relate sooo much.
Enjoy your day everyone ! Hope everyone is well.
Hugs
Babs
Old 08-31-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

How are you, Dee? Been up to anything especially good? Hope all is well with you.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Ok well the driving test got cancelled. We went with all of our paperwork and it turns out I had a COPY of his driving permit, not an original. So..back to the Secretary of State, they issued us a new permit and we rescheduled for Sunday.

Kiddos went back to school yesterday. Very excited to see how the year goes. Oldest tries out for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat this and and next week. We'll know the cast on the 17th. Anyone know that show? It's a fun one. Much lighter than last year's Les Miz so he's looking forward to the change in atmosphere.

Hope you all are well! This week is sticky and hot, blech..but it should cool off after that. Aussie, you still doing ok?

Old 09-07-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Been busy Mirage - but I like that
sorry I missed your post

D
Old 09-09-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

hi everyone ~! How is everyone doing?
Have a great week-end
Babs
Old 09-09-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good here Babs - have a good weekend

D
Old 09-10-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Doing well here! We had houseguests for 8 days, but they're gone now and I think I'm caught up on sleep. I've gotten back to my meetings this week and have a new sponsee to work with, which has been good for both of us.

I'm lounging on the sofa right now and dh is massaging my feet ... I think I may be in heaven.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi everyone,
I haven't been around I have had the flu.
I know what you are all talking about with the driving, you all know about my driving anxiety but these days I am taking on more and more of the driving with my ageing parents , I am the one doing the running around , there is no way I would let my mother drive me to town dad still drives good but he is 81 and not as alert as he used to be. Love them both dearly.

Hope you are all well.

Love from Auss.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Glad your feeling better Aussie---that flu can really take a lot
out of you. Drink a lot of water.
Going out of town today but,will be back tomorrow nite.
Have a great day everyone.
Hugs
Babs
Old 09-12-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

We have another driver in the house! WHOOP! He passed. Now to get to the DMV to turn in the paperwork and get his license. We have time on Thursday to do that. lol Busy week. So Thursday we'll do that and then I have to add him to our insurance and boom! He drives!

Our soccer player has a hurt big toe, all swollen, so he won't play in today's game which is sad cuz the game is 40 minutes away at my old high school! I'm going anyway, as my bro is coming (cuz he lives in that city). Too bad B won't be able to play, though.

Busy week w/ DH out of town on business. Have a great week, everyone! Hope you're feeling better soon, aussie!