Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 25

Old 07-28-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad it went well, Babs. One more eye to go! Makes ya thankful you're not a spider with 8 eyes, doesn't it?

Aw, Aus..that's not a rant, girl, that's hard cold FACT! You had yourself a crap day! Sorry your shopping trip was derailed. Grrrr. I hope you get to get to try again soon, with all that pent up shopping Dee says you now have. lol TAKE COVER! SHE'S BAAAAACK!

Hey Lofty, glad to see you checking in. I'm sorry you're having troubles personally. That's so hard. I was glad to hear your meds got tweaked and that it seems to be working for you. That's good news. One day at a time, with it all. You've got a TON on your plate. Try to breathe deeply, take care of yourself, make yourself relax, treat yourself kindly, stay sober. There's so much un-learning and re-learning to do. One hour at a time. Try to find time to smile.

Hey hey to everyone else!
Old 07-29-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi ! Just checking in to say Hello !
Hope everyone has a good week-end.
I'm going through a few mood swings and it's not my first time at this so, I get
that part of it. But, I really dislike it. I feel them coming on and try to change my attitude about things and that does seem to help. It's just getting my mind to go along with it. like everything else this too will pass.
Hugs
Babs
Old 07-29-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
orangutan

I had a shopping dream last night and I was walking and I couldn't get to the shop , the really weird thing about this is , it is the same type of dream I have about drinking , I am always close to a drink but can't get it. Weird and frustrating. Glad it wasn't about booze though.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Aussie, that's no dream, that's a NIGHTMARE! lol
Old 07-30-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Aussie, come visit me and I'll take you shopping! I love it, too! (waaaaaay too much, but I do find great bargains ... )

I'm sorry about your car. I had a similar experience this morning. I was driving home from my home AA meeting, which is in a nearby town. The car sounded and felt kinda weird, so I called Dh. As soon as I hung up the phone with him, it got MUCH worse. I pulled over on the side of the highway and called him to come get me. Thankfully, it was just a flat tire. But it was VERY flat ... I've had those tires for 3 years and 80,000 miles, and they were shot. So, $700 later, my car drives MUCH better. It should be a HUGE help this winter, too! Yay for that!

Babs, I wish we were closer to talk through those mood swings in the moment. Are you on fb? If so, we can connect there, too. I find it's really important to identify the need in those moments and figure out how to meet it ... not try to be strong or try to deny them, but instead own them and meet them in an effective way. There's a technique I teach based on that, and it's pretty helpful.

Lofty, it is nice seeing you post again! I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through. Have you gone back to meetings at all? If I remember correctly, it was when you were going to meetings before that you had your longest time sober. But I may be mistaking that, too ... it's been a while. All I am sure of is that I need them ... they've completely transformed how I do life, and I didn't know I needed a transformation! ha ha! Turns out I DID. There's a great article on here today about the difference between sobriety and recovery, and now I get it. I would not have 3 years ago.

Mirage, any fun things planned for August? We just got home from up north (sorry for all the pics on fb ... ), and we had SUCH a nice time! We are in a pretty awesome state in the summertime. Not so much in January.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi PBC great to see you!!!
Sorry about the car and the expense. Lucky your hubby was there to help. Where I live we have an area between home and the next town where we don't have mobile phone service and that is one thing I was really worried about the other day , the car breaking down before I got to the auto electrician's and not be able to call for help, it is all forest too. I was a wreck by the time I got home. If I ever make it to the State's I will take you up on that shopping trip.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello everyone !!
PBC---I would love to learn more about my mood swings, and especially if I could figure out why and what sets me off. thank you.
Yup Mirage tomorrow I get to have another day of spider legs ---ha ha
I go in at 6:15 AM so, will probably be the first patient of the day. I'm glad I will be home early----really looking forward to getting all this behind me. Just glad I'm sober----can't imagine this procedure with a hangover. Whoa ---ha ha
Hope everyone is having a good day. It's the start of another week and that's good. Have a great one !
Babs
Old 08-01-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow, Babs!

Not too much planned, PBC. Just some up north trips.

Happy August, Marchers! Hope you're all well.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

hi guys ! going for a recheck appt. today and I can see a lot better today
than yesterday. It will get better each day.
Hope everyone is doing well.
hugs
Babs
Old 08-03-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Babs

D
Old 08-04-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I can drive without glasses ! ! but, for now I need what they call
cheaters to read. I'm just fine with everything.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Babs
Old 08-08-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yay for clear vision!! I can relate, I love my vision since I had lasik done in October. It's so nice to wake in the middle of the night and be able to see. Glad it went well, Babs.

Home from a weekend away up north. It was really nice, we have no internet up there and shotty cell service, so LOTS of family time. haha. Had a great time with the kiddos, watched lots of Olympics. I've really been enjoying it, it's a nice break from politics, which is crazy in the states right now. Enjoying your Aussie colours..that muted teal and yellow. Very nice. We beat ya in field hockey this morning, you folks were ranked higher so I was surprised. Been learning lots about different sports.

March on!
Old 08-09-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hello, Marchers! All is well ... just wanted to stop in and say hello.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

hi there---just got done with another eye recheck today and things
are going good. so, I go back in a couple of weeks to find out if I want to wear glasses or just use what I call cheaters for reading.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Hugs to all of you
Babs
Old 08-12-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in....
Drinking again,
same old story ,
we had a massive storm here a bit over a week ago, the worst wind I have ever experienced 150km, it blew down 2 sides of our fence and I was expecting the whole thing to go as it flapped around. We had damaged our boat where a pole hit it. The noise was unreal. You all know I have a phobia , even a Valium tablet did nothing to calm me. What a mess the next day , trees down all around town lots of people lost fences one house lost part of its roof. I was a nervous wreck. Only felt any relief when I had a drink.
Feeling very vulnerable , teary and beaten. The booze has won again.
I am going to try again just not today.

Love to you all .
Old 08-12-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry about the storm Aussie but that was days ago, right?

what good does drinking do now?

Stand up for yourself and tell your addicted self to go to hell. Today.

Why waste another day of your life?

D
Old 08-12-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
orangutan

I know your right Dee.
I had been trying to put everything in place , I was exercising again , trying to be more positive , but the storms wore me down , we had 3 east coast lows in 3 weeks and my nerves are rattled. The last one I thought the house was going to start to come apart or loose the roof. I know it's a phobia and what was going on in my head was probably worse than the reality but it done me in.
Iv'e never been real good at standing up for myself.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Ohhh Aussie don't let this take away your sobriety.
Stay with us.
Babs
Old 08-12-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Never too late to start Aussie

D
Old 08-13-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Aussie. I'm glad you're safe. Don't keep drinking, it's over.