SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/393313-class-may-2016-support-thread-part-6-a.html)

Dee74 06-21-2016 04:25 AM

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D

Simplicity4114 06-21-2016 04:34 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone! Glad things went ok yesterday Countrygal!!!

SickOfIt79 06-21-2016 05:12 AM

“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”
― Albert Camus

Eagle108 06-21-2016 05:21 AM

Morning of Day 52 here...good thing I have lots of issues and two little boys to keep my mind off of drinking (glass half full damnitt!!).

That doesn't sound too bad CG...the opposite of my case where they invited me to extend my absenteeism on a permanent basis :)

Sounds like you are reaching out LW and trying to stay plugged in with your family. I too do not like talking on the phone but if you really communicate your needs to your siblings maybe they will make an exception (maybe write them a handwritten letter letting them know how much you need them?). Either way, you certainly have us!!

Thankful everyone is staying the course and fighting through all the emotions, both positive and negative. Our sobriety is worth it.

Camery03 06-21-2016 05:44 AM

Good morning Mayflies!
Feeling good this morning after a good night's rest. The humidity finally broke here and my "cankles" are gone! ( ha! LOL!)
Not too much on deck for me today. I am headed up to Northern Wisconsin tomorrow for a few days leaving tomorrow and am pretty excited to just get away and enjoy the beautiful scenery that area has to offer. It'll be a busy couple of days-- shopping, sight seeing, boating, and hiking, which is just what I need.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
--Camery

CountryGal123 06-21-2016 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 (Post 6009139)
Happy Tuesday everyone! Glad things went ok yesterday Countrygal!!!

Thanks to all for the support. My ego is fairly crushed as I couldn't fight back tears at the mtg. All in all everyone was very nice about it all, but it was suggested I get counseling 😳🙄😔 how embarrassing!!!

I'll post again soon...this app works strangely when our thread moves and doesn't let me do a lot unless I hit "reply" to a post that's already up

Here's to unicorn poo today!! 😜

joandmelandhan 06-21-2016 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by SickOfIt79 (Post 6009204)
“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”
― Albert Camus

That's my life all over SickOfIt.....same goes for many of us here I'm guessing.
Thinking of all my Mayflies this evening. Wishing you all some well deserved peace :grouphug:

Elke516 06-21-2016 11:02 AM

@Lonleywombat, I'm in the same boat as you, 3 brothers and 2 sisters, non of them like to call, it's always me who calls. They all live in Germany and I'm in the UK so no chance to just pop in. I haven't told them about my drinking / sobriety, they wouldn't believe it. That's why I'm so grateful to all of SR and especially my Mayfly friends. :You_Rock_ :tyou

Still.... WE ARE WORTH IT !!! EVERY D**N BIT OF IT !!! PLEASE NEVER FORGET THAT !!!

CountryGal, well done with your meeting, you can do it gal, you're on your way anyway.

Sending you all some big (((())))))

Just watching football Euro Championship, Germany 1 Northern Ireland 0.
Have to cheer for Germany, my home team, sorry NI

Yesterday I started cutting out added sugar, no cookies, chocolate, junk food. Also started a bit of exercise, has anyone done PIYO before? it's a mix of Pilates and Yoga, no jumping about stuff, which is good.

Have a good and sober evening everyone. Don't forget we're worth it !!!

joandmelandhan 06-21-2016 11:12 AM

Has anyone read the posts from friends and family of alcoholics? I have today and it's been a real eye opener reading their thoughts etc. I guess I'm still trying to keep the fear alive and wonder what my loved ones would post....sorry for the slight negativity here but my number 1 motivation is my 2 beautiful girls and I'd hate them to have to resort to SR because of me. Anyway, just saying it snapped me out of my self pity............

joandmelandhan 06-21-2016 12:59 PM

Feeling rubbish. Want wine want anything.....why does the hang over anxiety tease us?
Life as a single 44 year old mummy is so ***** hard. I'll try and put my headphones on to listen to a bit of music......sorry guys I effing hate sobriety at times.....

Camery03 06-21-2016 01:07 PM

UGH I am kind of feeling the same Jo. I haven't craved beer in forever, since I was a vodka drinker, but as I was sitting on my patio just now, on the MOST perfect sunny day thinking " wouldn't an ice cold beer taste really good right now" ( of course while enjoying a cigarette) ............................ it sucks.
I wont do it, but man, I can TASTE it.

Caramel 06-21-2016 01:08 PM

((joandmelandhan)) - here for you!
Do you have something tasty to eat, some scented hand-cream, a sweet/tart wholesome drink, a pretty thing to gaze at while you breathe, uplifting music to hear while you close your eyes, a happy memory to re-live in great detail...
:grouphug:

joandmelandhan 06-21-2016 01:22 PM

Caramel and countrygal.....thank you for your posts. Just having a bad AV attack. It is a sneaky damn addiction.....when oh when will we have peace????

Elke516 06-21-2016 01:40 PM

((((Jo)))) ((((Camery)))) sending you some hugs to make you smile again...
Kick your AVs up the back side and tell them they're wasting their time....

Have a good night!

CountryGal123 06-21-2016 01:46 PM

Amen, amen, amen, all!!!

Hang in there Jo!!!

I feel your pain. Felt like my car nearly steamed itself into a bar on my way home.

Sneaky, evil disease, fer shizzles

Camery03 06-21-2016 01:54 PM

Yeah, I kicked it my AV to the curb. The thought went away fairly quickly. I am now enjoying a frozen kiwi strawberry flavored water instead.... almost time to start dinner and settle in for the evening after finishing packing. 4am comes a little early, and I don't have time for a hang over!!!
Thanks everyone!

CountryGal123 06-21-2016 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Camery03 (Post 6009870)
Yeah, I kicked it my AV to the curb. The thought went away fairly quickly. I am now enjoying a frozen kiwi strawberry flavored water instead.... almost time to start dinner and settle in for the evening after finishing packing. 4am comes a little early, and I don't have time for a hang over!!! Thanks everyone!

congrats, Camery! Major victory! 👏👍😁🤗

Elke516 06-22-2016 12:23 AM

Good morning everyone, have a great and sober day!

:grouphug:

I will not drink today! :Flower:

ben83 06-22-2016 01:24 AM

Morning elke.

Not looking forward to Saturday now. My Mrs has already started making the sarcastic jokes about it.
"Well we are gonna have a great night" she says in sarcastic tone. It's because I told her I didn't want to go to the outside music thing she wants to. Obvious reasons it's gonna be full of drink and drugs and ill be sober and waiting to go home. The only sober guy at a party isn't my idea of fun.

Dee74 06-22-2016 02:43 AM

Don't give up Joandmelandhan - peace is ahead, I promise - don't lose hope :)

Dunno what to tell you Ben - some relationships fall over at this fence, while others don't - I hope you and your missus can find other things to bond over and bring you together besides booze.

D