Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 07-01-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Evening, all.

Chickenlady - good to see you back and posting! Welcome back.
Camery and Jo - great news that things are back on track for you both, too.
LW - glad to hear you heard from your daughter.
Ben and Simplicity - nice job on not giving in to temptation.
Sickofit - hang in there. Play the tape. You can do it.
Everyone else - hello.

Not a bad day at work today. A bit quieter than normal, which is always nice. Going to have family movie night tonight. Plans for tomorrow are to vote in the federal election here and to have my glucose test to see whether or not the sugar levels in my blood mean something nasty. Fun filled, hey?
Old 07-01-2016, 02:20 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good morning to you all. Love reading how you are all getting on. Good or bad it's the honesty that counts.
Simplicity - brilliant playing that tape forward you have done exactly the right thing be proud!
Just pottering doing housework this morning (woke up with chronic anxiety which has subsided a bit thank goodness). AA at 12. Enjoy your Friday all!
Old 07-01-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Another Mayfly checking in for Friday...looong weekend ahead; last looong Sunday didn't go very well for me, so I'm making lots of plans for the next few days that involve other people, obligating myself. I'm not craving, I just know how down time leads to stupid impulsive thoughts...

Monday we celebrate our independence from British tyranny! We blow ****up and grill hamburgers and drink too much beer...huzzah! (Now that I have a few Brit friends here, I can ask: if Trump is elected in November, can we come back if we promise to behave?)

Wishing all Mayflies a safe and sober weekend! Stay close - Arp
Old 07-01-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Ooh Arp! American immigrants? How dare you suggest such a thing! Anyway we're grumpy, sarcastic, it rains a lot and we have bad teeth (apparently lol)!
Seriously though great you've got your weekend planned. Planning is a big help we keep hearing so good on you!
Off to AA in a bit. Let's see how this one goes......😊
Old 07-01-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flossyteacake View Post
Plans for tomorrow are to vote in the federal election here and to have my glucose test to see whether or not the sugar levels in my blood mean something nasty. Fun filled, hey?
Best of luck with the blood tests! Keep us posted!
Old 07-01-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
Best of luck Camery, I hope it'll work out for you.

I'm in the same boat, job hunting, hoping to hear something next week.
Good luck Camery and Elke...similar position here so I'll be rooting for you two
Old 07-01-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Checking in- happy Friday all.

Went mountain biking again last night. Made a huge improvement to my mood, for sure. Think I'll need to make sure to include higher intensity workouts into my weekly regime.

Anyway, the good mood continued until this morning when I checked the bank statement and saw all the withdrawals the hubs made. Then he stopped this morning and pulled out several hundred more dollars. Seriously? I'm kinda miffed- so I texted him and asked if those were his transactions. When he confirmed I texted back, asked him if he even tried to stay on budget. Crickets back.

Honestly, I'm seeing more and more the reasons behind my drinking. It's because it's easier (yeah, right &#128580 than living in the moment and dealing with things. Seriously- Y do I always have to make the sacrifices? He just does whatever the **** he wants and apparently that's ok, but I have to stick to a budget and fix everything all the time? Not cool. Totally not cool.

Arp - u crack me up! If we promise to behave, lol

Although, I'm totally in agreement...I cannot even fathom how he became a presumptive presidential nominee. Scary. And unbelievable.

Those across the ponds- what are others saying about all this political madness? Wait - maybe don't answer that..

Wishing all a great, dry day 🤗🤗🤗
Old 07-01-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Sorry for the long post - thanx for letting me vent!!
Old 07-01-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

I can see how self centered I have become lately even though I still feel my family should be paying more attention.

Some of you all have such hard problems to get over in addition to avoiding alcohol that it makes some of my complaints seem small. I think reaching a certain age has made it harder for me to see the future as being full of possibility and I've accepted my physical limitations somewhat instead of trying to improve them.

The house clearing and cleaning is moving at a glacial pace. Kitchen cabinets are done! I have three closets left to clear.

Here's a totally random question, do any of you find chamomile tea calming? I was going to get some but I remember not enjoying the taste.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

You will enjoy this.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
Happy Friday to all the Mayflies. Feeling a lazy relaxing day today. Not much on deck for today. I suppose I should start preparing for the weekend cookouts, but eh--- there is always tomorrow, right?
Hope you all have a great sober day!
--Camery
Old 07-01-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

LW, I'm not huge on plain chamomile but really enjoy sleepy time tea and honey vanilla chamomile
Old 07-01-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I keep trying tea to see if I like it. LOL. I did buy some oohlong and dandelion tea that I like, but I don't drink it consistently. Love my sleepy time tea tho!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
I keep trying tea to see if I like it. LOL. I did buy some oohlong and dandelion tea that I like, but I don't drink it consistently. Love my sleepy time tea tho!
love sleepy time!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Ventured out today to possibly shop for cookout food. I wouldn't advise it to those of you having to grocery shop. Think I will wait till the wee hours of the morning when everyone is sleeping.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Great song lonely wombat! thanks for posting that
Old 07-01-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I love it. It makes me cry sometimes.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Evening all!
I really have had quite the lovely day today. Nothing special just got some of the housework done, been to AA, took the girls out for tea and we're now playing cards with music on. It stuck me that I have missed them. Missed being with them. Missed the fun that children bring.
Have already committed to taking youngest to her swimming lesson, then collecting one of eldest's friends on the way back for the school fair. My little one is performing in the glee club again so that'll be lovely. Feels like I'm being a real mum again! Not trapped by alcohol meaning I don't dare/want to drive anywhere. It's like a new found freedom.
Don't get me wrong I anticipate a rocky road ahead but for now I am a happy bunny!
Take care mayflies
Old 07-01-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Evening all! I really have had quite the lovely day today. Nothing special just got some of the housework done, been to AA, took the girls out for tea and we're now playing cards with music on. It stuck me that I have missed them. Missed being with them. Missed the fun that children bring. Have already committed to taking youngest to her swimming lesson, then collecting one of eldest's friends on the way back for the school fair. My little one is performing in the glee club again so that'll be lovely. Feels like I'm being a real mum again! Not trapped by alcohol meaning I don't dare/want to drive anywhere. It's like a new found freedom. Don't get me wrong I anticipate a rocky road ahead but for now I am a happy bunny! Take care mayflies
so happy for u! Enjoy!!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygal123 View Post
so happy for u! Enjoy!!
(((cg)))