The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-25.html
Old 06-14-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

shotgun!!! whoooo hoooo! Thanks Anna.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lmao!!!!!! That was cute Midwest.

Got in a good long walk today. Walked up some crazy hills and meditated in the park for like half an hour. I ate two cookies last night and I was really mad at myself. I wasn't even in a bad mood I was just being a pig. I know it's not THAT big of of a deal, but if I'm not diligent I could fall right back into old behaviors. One cookie is more then enough. I made a small goal of no binging for a week. After I accomplish that goal I will make another one 💪🏽☺️

I felt really great after the session Winslow. Really calm and almost sleepy. You should definitely give it a try. There's tons of vids on YouTube.

I will check him out! Thanks charliesworld
Old 06-14-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just finished "Living Sober" published by A.A.

Lots of good ideas and insights. Plan to let it sit for a few weeks and then reread it.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Woo-hoo a new thread! Doing good today,I was worried about my son going off to Portland and me trippin out but I'm actually handling it well😊 just scared of an empty house during my witching hour but I have cookies so I'll be fine haha
Old 06-14-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I took an old man to the race track today and we accomplished his "Second Wind Dream", kind of like a bucket list thing. He got to ride around the Nascar track in a race car! Well, guess, what, I got to ride around it, too, in a tour bus! So cool, what a day!
I am so tired! Not even going to my meeting. Just laying in bed watching the tube and trying to stay awake until at least 9:30 so I don't wake up in the middle of the night.
You are inspiring me Tati. I need to get into an exercise program!
What happened to Dee? I read someone mention he was 'taking a break'. For how long?
Hugs to all of you, it's always good to find you guys are still here.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello. Found sr a few days ago and found the class of 2016 just now. Happy day 73 from Seattle. Narrowly avoided a work happy hour that could have put me over the edge tonight. Happy and greatful to still be sober today!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Sath - I am around the same days as you. This is a good group, great sharing, well done on getting through Happy Hour!
Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Sath!
Old 06-15-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, Sath. We have a wonderful class! So glad you have joined us. Congrats on staying strong yesterday.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Sath. You are doing great at 73 days.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Sath! Glad you found your way here.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats Sath on 73 days!

Karen- how cool!!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey all,welcome Sath😊 just a quick hello from me and wishing everyone a happy,productive day😊
Old 06-15-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome and Congrats Sath on 73 days...
Old 06-15-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey guys and gals. It's been a while. Sorry about that. I hit a funk, had a lot to juggle at times too. And frankly, I'm good for circling the wagons once in a while.

Been wanting to post here, so boom. Got that out of my system.

You guys are doing awesome!

I see some exercise going on here. That's fantastic. I finally got off my butt and started myself. I'm two weeks into a pseudo couch to 5k program. And now I'm on day 2 of a 30day workout challange. Feels great. Huge difference on mindset.

OK. I'm on my way out to work. Just had to see how you are doing. WOW,!
Old 06-15-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

For those who want to exercise but haven't found the motivation or drive yet...

If you have a smart phone, there's some free apps for 30 day challanges. You start off really easy. Too easy really. But by the end of the month the workouts are hard core. No equipment necessary.

Just do it. Wish I thought of it earlier. Stumbled on the idea by accident.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Incontrol- thanks for checking in! I will have to check out some of those apps. it is amazing how focusing on a new healthy habit can really help your mindset.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have such an active job, when I get home I tell myself not to worry about exercise, I've been exercising all day. But, I know it's the 'pump it up' cardio, real workout that makes the difference, not thirty minutes of seated senior fitness and then a walk at the mall, stuff like that.
I'll look at that app. For me, joining a dance class like Zumba or something might work better.
I've noticed I look better just from not drinking. My face isn't bloated, my eyes show more, I'm not sure what all it is, but I can see a big difference from pics of me a couple of months ago and now. It's very motivating!
I've skipped several meetings in a row. I don't know if many of you even do that, and that's cool, I'm not a program pusher or anything, but I really think it makes a huge difference for me, and I'm concerned. I have to keep first things first, and staying sober is first!
Happy sober night everyone!
Old 06-15-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello wonderful people!

Just to add to Incontrol app suggestions. Youtube has TONS of like 10, 15, 20, 30 mins videos for beginners. I feel like the thought of working out at the gym or just in general for like an hour and a half can be a little daunting AND boring. I just did a 30 minute full body dumbbell and cardio video, and lemme tell you i'm DRENCHED. It's not the LENGTH of the workout it's the work you put into it. You can get a GREAT workout in less then a half an hour. I like to workout for longer sometimes, because I love the endorphin high and I like to push myself a little bit, but most days I don't go over 30 mins.

Thats not true karen! plain cardio is low key overrated. I like lifting WHILE mixing in cardio moves. Your heart rate goes up faster, you burn more fat and you get more of workout in less time. I noticed a change in my looks to. I don't look so dead behind the eyes, and my skin isn't nearly as inflamed as it used to be.

I took my mom to get a cat scan today to see whats going on in her bladder. She suffers from chronic UTI's and kidney stones. I FINALLY convinced her to make an appointment with a urologist and he gave her a referral for a cat scan. She was so nervous this morning. She was afraid she wouldn't be able to lay on her back because of the rods in her lower back, but the techs were great. They put a pillow under her knees and she was fine. She was in and out in like 15 mins. It couldn't have went smoother (praise the lord). We went grocery shopping today, and I just stocked up on some fruit and veggies, brown rice, chicken and ground turkey etc....

I was really tired when I got home because I didn't sleep much last night (of course) and pushing my mom in her flimsy wheelchair up hill is some workout. Anyway I went into bed around 6, and I fell into a DEEP sleep. A hour later my mom calls me on my phone and tells me to make her bed. I was PISSED. I should've did it before I went into bed, but she could've easily got the pads from the laundry bag and made it herself! So I'm like half asleep and while i'm making her bed she tells me Jason called (My brother) and that he was crying (I'm like here we go again. If it's not one thing it's something else), because he didn't get his 40 hrs at work. He works in a college as custodian. When you get 40hrs you can go to college for free. But here's the thing he TOLD us a month ago that he got the 40hrs. He's been working a half an hr more everyday. At least thats what he told us. So now all of sudden he didn't get the 40hrs? Something is not adding up. Another thing that irks me about this situation is that he didn't get this agreement in WRITING. **** I would've got the agreement in writing AND I would've brought a tape recorder with me. The 40hr work week was the whole reason he transferred to this college! I dunno what the **** is going on. He lies about EVERYTHING. He was acting really funny when he returned the car yesterday to. When my bro was selling he was really into music festivals. That was his thing. After he got pinched he couldn't afford to go to them anymore. Just recently he received a settlement check for his foot (He cut his foot in a park and his lawyer friend helped him pro bono) He told my mom he was just going to go food shopping and donate a bunch of clothes to a church with the car. When me and my mom got into the car today she noticed he used 800 miles! So we know for sure he didn't just go food shopping. He must've went to some festival or concert. Because when he brought the car back he was VERY depressed. He was the same way after seeing bassnector for NYE, and when he went to Camp Bisco last year. My mom funded BOTH those trips to. It's like he just can't give up his old life. He's still stuck in the past. He's still trying to reconcile old friendships from when he was selling. I'm like dude these people don't care about you anymore! They were never your real friends! My brother wants SO bad to be a part of the rich west village white yuppie/hipster scene. He also has a MAJOR identity crisis. I legitimately think he resents being half black. The way he talks about other black people is disturbing. *Deep sigh* I feel horrible for him. I really do, but I can't get caught up. The decisions we make in life have consequences. It's unfortunate that he had to learn the hard way.