Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 4

Old 11-25-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hey all,Bunny 30 is ace!😁 still trucking along,reading RR is helping,he described to a T all of the overwhelming feelings I get before a relapse,the dizziness,shakiness,disconnected feeling from my body,wow,whoever mentioned RR here is my lifesaver,in all these years of start/stopping,expecting some"magic",this one system of changing my thinking is helping tremendously, Midton,if the doc isn't concerned, you don't be either,hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday😊
Old 11-25-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hey there Octsober!!

Congrats on all the milestones!

For those who celebrate...Have a happy and sober Thanksgiving!!!

I used to hate going to families ir friends because I wouldn't have my stash of alcohol I could hit between the drinks that everyone else saw.

My brother at least would have a bottle of liquor out and would make a drink or two. I was real good at topping off my drink without notice. Took exceptional skill to do that because the bottle was in the kitchen.

I had developed those ninja skills earlier before alcoholism set in hard when I was stealing pain pills from family and friends. Most people keep those meds in the kitchen. Of course I would check the bathroom first since that was easy to do.

Super glad those days are over. I have a lot to be thankful for this year, as do you guys!!

Enjoy the day.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on your 30 day milestone Bunny
Old 11-25-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great Thanksgiving gang
Old 11-25-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Well, I'm glad the work day is a wrap. I had to hear about alcohol all day. What everybody needs from the liquor store, what they are going to make with it, how much they are looking forward to it. At one point all I could think was enough already! I knew I wasn't going to come home and start drinking, but I am having a feeling I can't identify. I don't know if it's being sad about not drinking for the holiday like so many other people are, or if I'm just tired after a long day. Maybe it's a little nostalgia for when I didn't worry about drinking because I only did it 4 times a year. Those days are long gone and they are never coming back. I do still wonder how people can drink one night then carry on like normal the next day. If I drank tonight, I would start drinking again first thing in the morning and not stop until I go to bed. Then I'd be trying to leave work early on Friday to start drinking again and drink all weekend. And before I know it, I'd be wondering if I have to go back to rehab to quit 'cuz I can't stop on my on. Fear is a strong motivator for me- the fear that if I start again, it will likely be a long time before I stop. I don't want to go through that again. I'm amazed that I've made it two months. That is very good. Keep going. I have so many great reasons to stick with it, and not one good reason to go back. Ok, I think that was my pep talk to myself. Thanks for listening : )
Old 11-25-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Aww Grizzly,you sound just like me!Every time i gave into drinking it was never just for the night as I promised myself,I'd always drink in the morning, maintain all day,blow out at night over and over until I took days off work to go through withdrawal, gosh those days were a scary mess full of the shakes,sweats,nausea,shaky brain,itchy feet,disturbed vision,it just isn't worth it! I always wished I could be like normal peeps,tie one on at night,sleep it off and be cool the next day,pshh,that's about as good as wishing to be a tall,sexy,supermodel ain't happening in this lifetime,we're good,we got this😉
Old 11-25-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

My USA friends stay sober this holiday season,, you can and will. You all echo how I been with my drinking, a constant ridicilous rollercoaster ride bordering total insanity.. This is my third attempt in 2 months , i been lucky that i was able to stop again before it was too late.. Every attempt makes me stronger and more determined, however, this has to be my last attempt I say to myself.. I so hope it will be, i will put 110% into it for myself and the people around me.. Day 3 and feeling good....commitment is all it takes.commitment is not easy.. I have made a list why I am doing this..
On the top of my list is my dear mum who has no choice in life anymore, asyou know she has ALS/lou gehrigs and has lost the ability to walk or use her arms..and it only gets worse with no cure
I do my daily 1 hour long walks and always think of her as she cant.
She is the main reason to give up the drink as she knows about it and I want to prove to her that I can be a sober person when I go back home in January for a visit.
I used to visit herwith my "water bottles" every day last time I visited in August.
I really really hope that I will not do that this time..
Jus a sad sight for her...
Old 11-25-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Haha, Winslow, you were making me laugh! Thank you : )
Wow, sydneyman, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It's wonderful that you are able to find motivation from it though. I'm sure she's very proud of you!
I'm feeling the need to counteract all the alcohol talk today at work, so I texted a friend of mine to ask about a meeting time tomorrow. She texted me back, and I got my answer. Tomorrow at noon. But she called me later on also, and I did something I don't usually do which is answer the phone. I don't like to talk on the phone, but I figured in the mood I was in it wouldn't hurt to say everything I was thinking to someone else in recovery. It really did help! After posting on here, planning a meeting, and talking to her, I'm confident that this will be my first sober thanksgiving in many years. Thank you all for your support : )
Old 11-25-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Take care of yourselves tomorrow. I will be drinking sparkling juice while everyone else parties it up, nice thing is a lot of people know that I'm taking the sober road, so I'm getting less crap for it. Funny how other people that want you to drink and have fun think you need to be drunk to have a good time, if they only knew, but most people don't drink like us, so as tempting as it can be I always tell myself that.

Congrats on 30 Bun!

Good to see you posting often Syd, sounds like you have a better plan. I have decided to avoid my "drinking buddies" for a while until I get a handle on my situation, I can catch up with them when I'm better off.

"A word of encouragement during failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success. "
Old 11-26-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Do your best

You guys are awesome
Old 11-26-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to the observers😀 I heard on the news that this is one of the heaviest drinking days,barf! Who has room for booze after all that food?people like us who drank and skipped the food that's who,not me,I'll be stuffed to the gills with turkey and all the other stuff,my drink of choice will be black cherry soda,its a tradition from my childhood,Sydneyman,you sound determined, one thing in your post though said"I hope" don't hope...do! I've hoped for too many years,I'm tired of hoping,you got this 😊 I hope everyone has a peaceful day
Old 11-26-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving - I'm good here. Day 11. Family coming over soon - we'll be drinking cranberry and water today
Old 11-26-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Do your best

Cranberry juice is my favorite soft drink congrats Juno
Old 11-26-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving! I started my day with my coffee flavored with spiced latte creamer. It has a pumpkin spice taste. It is so yummy, I really recommend it! After my meeting, I'll open up one of my bottles of sparkling juice. I'm looking forward to it! I'm staying on top of the dishes so far today and keeping my counters clean- something I did not want to be bothered with this time last year. It's a small thing, but it makes me feel good. And I started cooking way earlier than I did last year!
Old 11-26-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I made it : )
I did go over to a friend's house for desserts this evening, and everybody was drinking, but I just said no thanks and didn't think anything more about it. I've been told I'll feel so good for not drinking, and that is so true! After I each time I don't do it, I feel a little stronger.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:24 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

So good to read about your lovely holidays with family, nice food and staying sober.. Friday night for me.. My partner had a drink (1) I was not too happy about it but did not say anything. Anyway I cooked dinner we had dinner and he wanted an early night to bed to read.
I got On SR and decided to watch a movie starting in about 10 minutes.. Good that you all pulled through.. Nice to be sober on a Friday night sitting on the couch. Not much else to report and movie starts soon.. Tomorrow back for my morning walk and then pottering around the house and making a thai green seafood curry. I LOVE to cook so will keep me busy.. And I am good at it I get told at my dinner parties, blowing my own trumpet here..Have a great friday all .. Goodnight from OZ!!! Stay sober..
Old 11-27-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Good going Grizzly! I knew you could do it.

Sydneyman, nice to hear you're kicking off a sober weekend

I'm good here. Trying to get my kids up and it's not so easy. They're supposed to go to their Dad's so we shall see....

I didn't have any thoughts of drinking yesterday. It wasn't even on my mind. Nice times with the family - can't get much better than that. Day 12 - I think!
Old 11-27-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hey all,sounds like everyone had a nice day yesterday, holiday or not😀i let some holiday anxiety get to me,just overwhelmed by the cooking and mess,grrr,but I let it pass,ate like a pig,watched the last fast and furious, great movie but sad cuz of Paul Walker😢 but it was overall a nice day,stay strong this weekend my peeps😊
Old 11-27-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Helpimalive, did you enjoy your thanksgiving?

Have a good sober weekend guys...I intend to.