Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 11-29-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought I posted but maybe not LOL - Hope you had a good day Tops

D
Old 11-29-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee !

Your avatar is a hoot ! .... Dee as CC watching multiple screens on SR,...

,.........as are the expressions on the sleepy little emoticons' face in the hammock ,...Freein,. !?!
Lo,.....

Hang in there Mariah !

Old 11-29-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Thanks Obo !!
Hahaheheha ,....these B days past a double nickel aren't exactly what I look forward to ,...if ya get my drift,.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Didn't go for that drive...cleaned garage yet again & got 9 bags of leaves bagged up with the help of teen Son. Felt good to be outside & snuggled in my warm house now. I have been reading a book "Devil in the White City" ....true events of the architect that designed the 1893 Worlds Fair in Chicago & the Serial Killer that used the fair to find his victims. Hope everyone has a good week
Old 11-29-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a dreadful subject but a good book Mariah

D
Old 11-29-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hi all, it's incredibly windy today, and cold, looks like winter has really set in now.

I'm thinking about starting a "health and wellness" journal. I have a lovely note book which would be ideal for the job. I'm just not sure what sort of things to write in it! It reminds me of the first day of term at school, I used to hate messing up my new exercise books by writing in them. The first page was always so neat, then by the second page it just went downhill to my natural scrawl.

I basically want to increase my energy and vitality, and thought that keeping a journal might keep me focused enough to try different things. I would quite like a way to measure my energy levels, but it seems so subjective it's a difficult thing to put a number on.

Does anyone else use a journal?

I still wonder if fatigue is related to the years of past drinking. I read somewhere that it can take 2 years of sobriety for the brain to heal properly. I'm not sure how true that is. It probably depends on the initial damage.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great start to the week.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me a while to get energy back Freein...have you had a health check up recently?

D
Old 11-30-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

No, I haven't, but its something I've been thinking about doing. I just feel a bit of a fraud when I look so well on the outside. I might see if I can get a check up. Thanks for the prompt Dee.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Ok, I'm now booked in for a check up on Wednesday, eek!
Old 11-30-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good morning, Fools,
Freein, I can't believe you can get a checkup appointment the same week you called for one. I have to schedule them several months ahead of time. I don't know if you want my advice, but vegans are notoriously deficient in several nutrients, B vitamins among them, and it might be a good idea to have your blood analyzed for nutritional deficiencies. That could have a lot to do with your energy levels.
I read that book, Mariah. I love Erik Larson's writing, and that book is a really good one, grim as it is.
I've been really busy for the last few weeks. I was in Texas visiting my sister and doing a show there, and got home just a couple days before my 5 1/2 week holiday show opened, we just finished our second weekend of that. It's off to a slow start for me, unfortunately, but hopefully will improve significantly.
It's been really cold, so I've also been working at the shelter where I volunteer, mostly as a dinner cook, though I sometimes fill other rolls. This season is like a work marathon for me.
On one of my flights home from Texas I sat next to the bass player from a really good band, one of my daughter's favorites. He had been on tour in Europe, and was playing in Paris the night of the attacks there. They were playing 3 blocks away from the venue that was attacked, and he told me an incredibly harrowing story of their night there. Sometimes it's really hard to wrap my brain around the realities of this world.
I'm trying to restart my fitness routine, and do a lot better when I have an exercise buddy, which I can't really pull off with the hours I'm keeping right now, so instead I made agreements with 2 friends to commit to checking in with each other every day to report on what we did. It's not as good as actually doing it with someone, but I'm good at keeping agreements, so hopefully it will be a good substitute. I did so well for so long, but have slacked horribly for the last year or so, and will feel so much better about myself if I get back into a regular routine.
I have a huge production list for this week, and still have a few custom orders to fill from my time in Texas, but I really need some time off, so I think I'll spend at least half of today just lying around reading. It's supposed to warm up enough today that the shelter will be closed, so I don't have to make dinner for 85 people tonight. It will be so nice to have the whole day at home. I might even stay in my pajamas all day.
Have a great week, Fools.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Adna, it's so lovely to see your post! Yes, it's the vit B12 that I was wondering about too. We are quite fortunate to have our health service, that's for sure - but it does mean our taxes are quite high.

Glad to hear you're also on an exercise kick at the moment, I'm doing a daily 30 min workout, and its definitely making a difference already.

Hope you're having a restful day in your PJ' s.

Hope everyone's had a great start to the week.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

A year! A year! I made it to a year!

Old 11-30-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

What a fabulous milestone Rocks !!!

Congratulations !

Old 11-30-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really pleased for you Rocks - congratulations!
Old 11-30-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

That's fabulous, Rocks!!! You earned every minute of the last year, and I am so proud of you!
Old 11-30-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Ah Rocks, this made my day! So, so proud of you!! Congratulations on 1 year sober!!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Really hope you enjoyed your PJ day Adna...sounds like you were due for one! can't imagine the terror anyone near those events must have experienced..life changing. & scary. I know we're not supposed to live in fear but that is easier said than done these days.

That is a good idea to have a couple of people to be accountable to with the exercise. Remember too that Freein & I are doing this too for some extra motivation! Besides the work out I got on the delivery route last week, I went for a 6 ml speed walk/hill sprints Saturday & then to weight room. I have also started back to healthy eating (have fallen off that wagon the last couple of months). High protein/fiber, only good carbs (no sugar) & antioxidant foods....oatmeal with almonds & blueberries, celery with cream cheese & peanut butter, & turkey wraps....feel better already!!

The driver I have been working with told me today to expect some long days this week, so if you don't hear from me....I'm doing Santa's work
Old 11-30-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Rocks, you're an absolute star! Congratulations on your year of sobriety,

Old 12-01-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

😃

Huge congratulations rocks.....

You did it.....

Top of the world.