Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 4

Old 10-07-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Hi Midton
Its great to hear you are doing so well. Keep it up!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

day 19 here! keep up the great work everyone!
Happy Wednesday!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Hi Juno
So glad you're all clear in the health dept. I know those scares for sure.

I think sometimes recovery really is one day at a time....so you did it. Some days are harder than others...that's just the way it is. Hang in there!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hi SD
Yeah I have told her that I won't micro manage her unless she gives me reason to. So far so good. We just got new phones and she was driving me crazy last night showing me all her stuff and reading what some of her friends say....I hope I never have to check up on her. Teenagers. When I was a teen a lot of my friends were trouble makers....I smoked pot and did some stupid stuff. My parents didn't even know I was breathing! Crazy.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

I know - teenagers, right? Fortunately my 16 (almost 17 yr old) has a good head on her shoulders and never got into trouble online. I don't micro manage it either - but I do keep in close touch with her and she tells me a lot of things, which is good. I feel like communication is so important at this age - an age when they'd rather tell you nothing! On the other hand, when my daughter is really troubled about something I'm the first one she comes to, and for that I feel very lucky.

I'm feeling stronger today, but I usually feel much stronger in the morning after a good night's sleep. I wish I could bottle up all the determination and willpower I have in the morning and spread it out throughout the day, instead of having a depleted reserve by evening (which is when I would break out the wine). Anyway, I've got a good day on tap and plan to make it through sober. One day at time, some days, for sure.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I feel really good this morning which is amazing b/c yesterday afternoon I had a time when I felt almost suffocated by the need to drink. We are doing a lot of updating to our house well as redoing our decor and with so many choices to make I wasn't sure it was all going to tie together so made an appointment for a phone consultation with a designer whose work I follow.

Well, I thought at the end I would have a clear plan on what to do but it didn't work out that way, I'm still confused on certain things and we didn't even get to all the rooms. This is after several hundred dollars paid, and we are on a tight budget. I hung up and felt positively sick and just wanted to drink so badly it was like wave after wave crashing over me. Frustration/disappointment is a huge trigger for me apparently.

Anyway, I talked to my husband when he got home about what she said and it became clearer that we did actually cover a ton of stuff and for those things I am unsure about, I am positive I can send an email this week to clear things up to the point I can feel like I got my money's worth.. Thank god I didn't have wine in the house, I am positive I would have drank it yesterday. This morning I have a clear head and am excited about moving forward with certain house projects and see that it is a relatively simple thing to reach out and resolve these last few questions I have.

It is so crazy just how thoroughly I have conditioned myself to want to escape from or avoid any unpleasant feeling whatsoever.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! Just rushing out the door.

Juno, I'm so glad about your good health news. Cameron, that is fantastic that you feel you've turned the corner. Midton, sd, good job thinking these through.

I confess I've had a few niggling thoughts about drinking. This has happened before...I start to think, maybe I can control it--maybe I can have just one glass? I know that's a fool's errand!

Have a great day, all.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hey! Just checking in!
Jupiters, congrats on 19 days! High five! Proud of you!
Juno, Sleepydots, and Matilda-hang in there...you're doing great!
Y'all are doing amazing! I am proud of you! I like all the diversity here so I just like to stop by and chat and see how everyone's doing! You're stronger than you think...
Old 10-07-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Thanks, c! I really appreciate your insights.

And Jupiter, congrats! Sorry I missed your post...scanning and clugging coffee at the same time
Old 10-07-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Day 38

(messed up the count so 38 is twice). I started on August 31st, should be 38 days on on October 7th. Right? Someone double check my math.

Hope yall are well. I always leave in a rush and come home late (10:00pm today) so I usually post just before bed or in the morning.

I'd love to read more of your posts but I skim what I can.

Best wishes all.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Doing well over here. Had a great day. Still sober and strong at 22 days.

Night all...
Arbor! Congrats on 23 days now, right? I told you I was behind on posts. Anyways, that is great!
Old 10-07-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Thanks Matilda. Getting close to the one month mark. Feeling good over here!

It's hard to read everyone's post to the T, but I know from past experience on here that classes tend to thin out. I hate to say it, but it's true. As the months go on I look forward to getting to know you all a bit better.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

I'm not sure I must've missed it too somehow.. Congrats Arbor! ((Hug))!! Thanks for the heads up Matilda!
Old 10-07-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Thanks Key! 8)

Is your sobriety date listed in your profile true or are you with us in September here?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

It's good to read all the posts here and see everyone not drinking despite the thoughts of drinking. I am afraid the next time that strong desire to drink hits I will drink. I always have in the past. For now that obsession has been lifted from me.

Thanks for sharing the good news about your health Juno. I am happy for you.

Congrats on the up coming 33 years 3wolves.

For some reason I was unable to sleep last night for the first time in a couple of weeks. This is where the thought of drink usually enters my head. I get run down and foggy headed and my defenses are down. So far no desire to drink. Going to put my headphones on and go for my walk around the park. Not much work for me to do today so I may end up sleeping this day away.

Oh wait I do have a couple of things I have to do. The coffee has not cleared my foggy brain yet. Hope all of you have a good sober day today.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Arbor,
It's all the true! I am 79 days today! It helps me to help others..when I can help you guys it only reinforces everything for me...I post in a lot of forums. Everyone's insight helps me keep on keeping on!
Old 10-07-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

My sobriety is my sobriety date...my recovery is always a work in progress and can sometimes not reflect my sobriety date. We are human and god knows I need all the counseling I can get..Lol
Old 10-07-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Double dipping here today. Went for my walk around the park and showered and feeling really good in the moment. The fog has lifted.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Day 30 for me today!

A song came on the radio earlier and it reminded me of opening a bottle of wine and sitting in my back garden on a sunny evening, looking forward to a nice evening ahead of me... I missed it.

Then I made myself think of the end of a few evenings;

1. Falling over outside the pub in front of a crowd of people onto a picnic table causing serious injury to my hand that the next day I was convinced I'd burned.
2. Being half carried home because I couldn't walk or see straight.
3. Waking up at a friends house 20 miles from home on a work day having no idea what the hell happened the night before.
4. Waking up in a bed full of sick.

The list could go on, the point is any one of my "perfect" beginnings to the evenings could end up a total nightmare, and I'd have no idea which one....

I'm doing ok. No drinking going on here, good luck all : )))
Old 10-07-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
Day 30 for me today!

A song came on the radio earlier and it reminded me of opening a bottle of wine and sitting in my back garden on a sunny evening, looking forward to a nice evening ahead of me... I missed it.

Then I made myself think of the end of a few evenings;

1. Falling over outside the pub in front of a crowd of people onto a picnic table causing serious injury to my hand that the next day I was convinced I'd burned.
2. Being half carried home because I couldn't walk or see straight.
3. Waking up at a friends house 20 miles from home on a work day having no idea what the hell happened the night before.
4. Waking up in a bed full of sick.

The list could go on, the point is any one of my "perfect" beginnings to the evenings could end up a total nightmare, and I'd have no idea which one....

I'm doing ok. No drinking going on here, good luck all : )))
Ff, thank you for posting this! I have been having some nostalgic thoughts myself and this is such a great reminder of the other side of the coin xo