http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-19-a-21.html

D
Old 09-15-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!
Old 09-15-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks dee x

ClearEyes24, good to see you, stay positive, stay strong, eye on the prize at all times, do not give up, you can do this, just take baby steps, be good to yourself, and rest and eat plenty xxx

It's getting darker in the mornings here, the nights are pulling in slowly, I r find this time if year cosy.

Right, time to get outta bed abd head off to work, hope you all have a good days guys xx
Old 09-16-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning guys + girls from Montenegro

Hope all is well. Coming to the end of my trip slowly so I intend to make the most of r&r and the sunshine

Clear eyes - glad you are back here on SR and on the path, keep going

Thanks for the new thread Dee

Have a great HUMP day everyone
Old 09-16-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy hump day peeps!

Cozy chilly window open kind of morning, man I love it!

Great to see you clear eyes! Sounds like you are ready to give it everything. I know I, as well as most of us, started and stopped many times and then it just clicks. But it is still one day at a time. Post here often so you can get back in the groove. There are no rules, just love and support here. You can do this.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Remember to stop and appreciate what you have, look at the trees, your friends, your health - and let that smile have all the face time.

"Live your life and forget your age." Norman Vincent Peale.

Love!
Old 09-17-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week. Stop in and say howdy do today, it's good for the soul.

Off to juice some wheatgrass and to the gym and to work. Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water, after enlightenment, chop wood carry water.

"The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart." Buddha.

Love.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't travel often and when I do it's always great to get home.

Let's keep it up Team!
Old 09-17-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey gang! Just checking in. Life is good sober.

Today I am grateful for:
having breakfast with my son
warm, sunny days
lemon water
creamy earl grey tea
leftover pizza for breakfast
kindness of strangers
community
new opportunities
college visits with my daughter
dream vacays
dancing

Old 09-17-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

great list grateful!
well my case is packed and im ready to go in the morning. finally! downside? still no job news so I have to take my work laptop with me, boooo.
day I get back my next degree module starts, so I really need this break before the work ramps up again!
safe journey home London x
determind, what a quote!!! Love it :-)
Much love, im off to Bedfordshire xxx
Old 09-17-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey all

Hope everyone is good. I am still on holidays but flying home tonight. Had a great time but looking forward to being back to my own place and bed later on!

Hoping everyone is good :-)

Pink, good luck with the results and enjoy your trip.

Hi to everyone else - I will post from home :-)
Old 09-18-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy Friday crazy kids! Love the grateful list, always makes me pause and feel an attitude of gratitude. Thank you.

Pink, go have some freakin fun, whatever happens your toes will be tappin my friend! You got this. London, Glad you had a fabulous trip, well done on staying the path too man. True relaxation is still new to all of us I bet!

Eye on the prize gang, do check in as the av loves to wink at you when you don't.

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure." Don wilder

Love.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the nudge, Determined. Present and present!
Enjoy your last day of vacation, London!
Pink, enjoy your vacation to the max!

Grateful, your list inspires me.
This morning, I'm grateful for:
coffee
a job
cool September nights
my family
the ability to change my experience by changing my focus
did I already say coffee?
SR!
Old 09-18-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thank you Determined, London and Pink for the upbeat words and support! Does my heart good to see you all still here and going strong! While the groups numbers have dwindled over the past 13 months, you all have something very powerful in your August 2014 group (I am telling you something you all already know!) Great to see you Ultra, Choobie and Grateful too! Doing a lot of reading of posts and had forgotten how helpful SR is, especially in the early days. Feeling good and strong and hopeful this time around. This time it "sticks"… Take care all.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Happy sober Saturday people!! Great to high five you Choobie and clear eyes! Clear, you got this, keep posting here, read your first ones and fix your sight on the person you really want to be in this life. Then pull the trigger and go for it. We can help you stay on course.

So, today the quote goes first because it goes with a little story.

"We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are." Talmud.

I went to see a band I have really been into this past year. They are getting a lot of attention now in the punk world and are touring as an opening act for a larger band. Went to the venue which has a liquor license and big bar in the front where they sell shirts and such. Music playing, crazy people everywhere and drinks flowing. Long story short, I was really struggling as it brought me back to my old scene and self really quick.

However, this time I was more observant. I ended up meeting and talking to the singer I came to see before the show and guess what? He was drinking coffee! I was drinking diet coke. That really centered me and made me realize that alcohol and success do not mix. He was there to get on stage and just freaking kill it. Guess what, he did. There is no doubt he will be doing very well in the near future. My wife was there too and was absolutely blown away by the intensity of this guy. We saw him again after the show and told him how blown away we were. He was covered in sweat and drinking water!

Moral being, if I saw the scene as alcohol and substances, because I was drunk, that is all I would have seen. I would not have gotten along with the guy I was lucky enough to meet at all. But, I saw things as a sober guy, there for the art and intensity. I saw things as I am, not as I was. I then gravitated and connected with someone like the new me because of the new vibe and energy I am displaying. Long winded post, but the point is don't hesitate to do things as the new you. You will attract and see based on a new energy. No longer feeling like an alien who is just white knuckling it trying not to drink. It could be a simple block party, lobster fest or whatever, just be the new you, smiling with water in hand. Good things will happen as the bad energy has left us.

Sharing because I'm caring. Love you guys, do check in today!!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Cleareyes, great to hear! You really can do this. We all can, as long as we stay away from that kryptonite! Stick around and reach out often

Great story and achievement, Determined! I think we do attract what we are. And we are now so much more!

In the middle of writing final papers and studying this weekend. I lost steam over the past couple of months, and it was hard to catch up. I almost dropped down to 3/4 time for the next semester, but in the end, I knew that I really can handle the workload. Still tough balancing raising a family, taking care of parents, my job, and myself, but mindfulness and the newly found ability to stay in the moment seems to stretch time in ways I didn't know existed.

I joined a classical choir for this year! It's the one thing I've really wanted to do, and my old children's choir has formed an adult group. It's like a gift from the universe.

Love to you all!
Old 09-19-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi all, haven't posted in a while now but still going and just completed 90 days sobriety so only 3 days until I break through the point at which I relapsed last time..... Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

90 days is fantastic 1step

just keep doing what you're doing - try not too think too much of records - you can do this, man

D
Old 09-19-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Freakin awesome 1step! You got this dude, keep on truckin brotha.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Team A

Back from my trip! Caught up on some sleep yesterday after a long travel day. Benefits of being sober - all the washing got done and my stuff for work is all prepped so today I can relax!

Great stuff 1step! 90 is a big achievement. Hoping the AA stuff is working out for you too.

Thanks for my holiday wishes all! Time to plan the next one, ha ha.

Choobie the balance seems so hard sometimes. I don't have kids but I really struggle even then. Staying in the moment is a great idea. I am happy about the choir! That will be fun.

Determined that's an amazing share about the lead singer you met. It really made me think. Glad you enjoyed the concert as well.

Have a great Sunday all. I am going for a run this morning.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great work 1Step!

Fantastic story Determined. Powerful reminder about working in tandem with our place in the Universe.

Sounding good Choobie- another gift from the Universe.

I have a 13-15 mile run this morning on the eventual 50k course. It's the more challenging and technical part due to the terrain and elevation. Should be fun!