Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 4

Old 09-03-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
You're welcome. It's funny, but I know I took in some movies when I first got sober. Cannot remember a single one. I think it was a helpful way to pass the time, though.
I surf youtube a lot for Movies . I only have a laptop w/ small screen . At least its' something different . True I had brain fog so bad a when I first quit , I couldn't remember what day it was or 2+2 .. That Crap can mess you up Bad .
Old 09-03-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yeah, those early days were pea soup fog for me, too.

I'm glad I chose sobriety. There has never been a moment when I've regretted putting the booze behind me.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Yeah, those early days were pea soup fog for me, too.

I'm glad I chose sobriety. There has never been a moment when I've regretted putting the booze behind me.
I gave up a lot of long term friendships ( drinking buddies ) I had for 10+ years . Can't say I regretted stopping drinking . I guess it's a different kind of regret over loosing them . Trying to think of the word - I feel a Great loss - Runs deep we all went through a lot together . If you now what I mean .
Old 09-03-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Jen, I'm going to choose my words as carefully as I can.

Yes, today's a new day. And everyone has to have a Day One.

But please give some thought about what led up to your decision to drink last night and see what you can learn from the experience. It can help today be your last Day One ever.
I'm sorry. I couldn't help but see the irony in what you said and the quote in your siggy. Winston Churchill was a drunk and a half! I was just reading about a list of famous drunks the other day. He said, "I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has ever taken out of me." And, "My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite, smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after, and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them."

I just was reading that in the last 2 days or I would have let it slide.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks for the movie previews. I love anything with Nick Nolte in it. I want to laugh just looking at him. I see they've listed 'Mommy Dearest' which surprises me because it's a pretty out-there Austrian thriller/horror - we saw it at our recent film festival. Great movie but there were a couple of 'have to look away' moments!

Eeeeeewwww....did you see Anjelina has written, directed, and is acting in a movie about a couple trying to save their marriage. Guess who the co-star is? Yup. Brad Pit. Think I'll be giving that one an extremely wide berth. I find her incredibly irritating. And Diane Keaton.....stop dressing like that and take off that stupid hat! It isn't 'cute and sassy' it's just stupid
Old 09-04-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

3:00 am, literally just finished work, I am in a very tired and bad mood, but just checking in to say I'm sober
Angry and sober
Everything was fine, just too many contracts and deadlines, I'm too greedy and take too much work
Love you guys, gotta try sleep
Old 09-04-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well done, Jen!

I was just thinking about you earlier today, and I know I've kind of said it before, but if I could go back to being 32 again.....well, I won't go there, but if you can get on top of this now at this early stage in your life, it would be so, so wonderful. Keep checking in. We care about you :-)
Old 09-04-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Testing.....testing.....just wanted to see if I could copy an image using the 'insert image' button.......
Old 09-04-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Jen Glad you pushed through Great job ! As you mentioned before overloading on work gets you tired < watch them triggers - but you know that Ditto on what Shabby said * We Care * See I'm not the dizzy blond - as I like to act LOL
I can't keep track of anyone's time zones on here . It's more like the Twilight zone . ( 8:05 am ) here .
Frank I was looking back on the old tread - Where you told me the story of meeting the girl of your dreams ( you hoped ) was strutting your stuff then Puff you tripped & fell flat . Came across this as I was thinking of how good you were strutting https://youtu.be/V1e5h9YSe_k
Old 09-04-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Wow Shabby you should of seen my face . I guess we had posted at the same time . I looked after I sent & seen yours with the Dog . Great morning laugh there thanks for sharing
Old 09-04-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My pleasure!! It's half past midnight here and I was feeling a bit mischievous.....tee hee. Stone cold sober, I might add.

See you guys tomorrow :-D
Old 09-04-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Shabby darn no wonder I'm almost falling asleep when I finally catch you on 8 hours difference !! Hope you sleep well
Old 09-04-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

We've all been sharing bits & pieces of our daily lives . Don't know if you've noticed ? I ( usually ) play the joker & not share much on this topic .
Frank you welcomed me into your thread & made me feel comfortable sharing . You have a beautiful *Soul* again I thank you for that
I enjoy you all
I hinted to my man friend last night - If my BP still is screwy today , I won't be going tomorrow to the park . He called me earlier & asked how my BP was I said . I got up with a headache , checked it & it was low again . He signed , giggled & said Ugg what am I going to do with you ! I in turn said " You've asked me that for 4 + years . You figure it out
He'll be coming over latter & I will tell him I won't be going . He's been trying to not drink for 3 days cause his stomach is getting pretty bad . Which he knows it's from drinking . He lost his father from alcohol problems . Now I suspeck < ? he will surly use my backing out of the trip to be reason to drink .
Old 09-04-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

How you doing today Frank ?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi guys!
I'll reply to your posts a bit later xx
I'm going back to work...... As you can probably start to see, I'm also a workaholic.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone,

Nest, sorry if you have already answered this point but have you seen a doc about your low BP? Might be something easy to fix

Will share more about myself as soon as I get time. Friday evening here - 7.25pm. Going to play indoor Crazy Golf shortly
Old 09-04-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi, all. I'm having another one of the 'quiet' days. Sowwy. I'll try to check back in later and catch up with everyone.

Hope you a having a wonderful day. You've all earned wonderful days and all deserve it.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

No worries, Frank. Take good care of yourself. I'm feeling a bit on the blue side today too. I'm a bit scared about the future; that I'm not going to beat this thing. I really appreciate the support and company here. It makes a big difference to know there are people who understand the battle. I hope I win in the end. My life depends on it (quality and quantity).

Will check back in later all.

xxxx
Old 09-04-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Originally Posted by FrankLapidas View Post
Hi, all. I'm having another one of the 'quiet' days. Sowwy. I'll try to check back in later and catch up with everyone.

Hope you a having a wonderful day. You've all earned wonderful days and all deserve it.
Frank You've been working hard too & deserve the same We all need are quiet times , I'll be around just post of you want to chat
Old 09-04-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Hey Shabby how you doing ? Having some problems ? I'll listen