Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 7

Old 07-31-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Good evening all! Off today, did some cleaning, and then mostly nothing for the rest of the day.

Kale - have you read Longbourn? I downloaded a sample to my Kindle and it seems pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion.

Casey - any plans for when you reach 100 days? Maybe celebrate with a giant sundae or something?

Seems everybody is doing well.

Hope you all are having a fantastic sober Friday night!
Old 07-31-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Drinking again. Little hope. So tired of this. Not hopeless, but certainly discouraged. Why? Why? Why? It seems so hard to not drink -to not escape. Very sad.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

There is always hope ishall

You might have to go back to the drawing board tho - what have you been doing to stay sober?

has it been enough?
what more could you do?

You can do this - I know this because I did it

D
Old 07-31-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee. I will keep "keeping on". Thank you for responding--it means a lot. Hard, but I can do hard things. Thanks again.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ending day 85. Good, basic day. Did laundry this morning. Got a lot of reading done while waiting for that to finish. Work was easy peasy tonight. Made good money, didn't break a sweat. About to watch a couple of episodes of the new Wet Hot American Summer television show that premiered on Netflix today. One of my favorite movie comedies of all time--it will be interesting to see how it translates to a television series.

Allie -- glad to see you check in! When does the staycation start?

Originally Posted by sagittarius714 View Post
Casey - any plans for when you reach 100 days? Maybe celebrate with a giant sundae or something?
Day 100 happens to also fall on my birthday. As of right now, I'm working that night, but I'm thinking about taking that weekend off. The Annual Texas State Alcoholics Anonymous convention is being held in my current city that weekend. I keep hemming and hawing about whether I want to go or not, but I think I've just about decided I should go for it. There will be thousands of recovering alcoholics here from all over the state and guest speakers from around the country. Should be a cool gathering.

And I'm sure I'll have a birthday dinner that day with my family. So that'll be my 100 day celebration as well. One day at a time, I'll get there.

ishallnotwant -- I honestly thought I'd never quit drinking. I thought I'd spend the rest of my life on this yo yo of a couple of weeks drinking, a few days sober, wash, rinse, repeat for the rest of my life. But I made some changes in my life and put my sobriety first and this is now the longest I've been sober ever since I took my first drink back in 1999. If I can quit drinking, anyone can.

What can you do differently this time? What have you never tried before that you can try this time?

It's possible, I promise. I mean, if I can quit drinking, anyone can. I hope you'll find the happiness that I have found. I promise there's a better way of life waiting for you outside of the bottom of that bottle of booze. Hope you'll give sobriety/recovery another chance. I'm here if I can help in any way, and you're in my thoughts and prayers...

As is everyone else here. Hope everyone who hasn't posted has had a happy and sober Friday. Talk to you all tomorrow....
Old 08-01-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sagittarius714 View Post
Kale - have you read Longbourn? I downloaded a sample to my Kindle and it seems pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, it's good. You'll need to have read "Pride and Prejudice" or seen the movie. Longbourn follows it through the eyes of the servants and is really well done. Makes you appreciate life today for sure.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Staycation starts on Wednesday. :-)

I woke up this morning and decided that today is the perfect day to start another round of Whole 30. It's the first of the month and it's my birthday month. It would be a good birthday present to be 10 pounds skinnier AND over 30 days sober on my bday on the 31st!
Old 08-01-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Casey I just realized that day 100 is in August so you are an August baby too huh?!
Old 08-01-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 86. Going to a noon AA meeting and then work at 3:45 so that pretty much takes care of the whole day right there.

AllieK -- yep, August 15. I don't believe in astrology but I am very much your typical Leo. Good luck on your Whole 30 plan--don't let hunger become a trigger though. Sobriety first!

Hope everyone has a happy and sober Saturday. Check in if you haven't done so lately!
Old 08-01-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I am August 31 and a very typical Virgo! The whole 30 won't interfere with sobriety at all. One of the rules of the plan is no alcohol so it's another reason to hold myself accountable. And if you do it right then hunger isn't an issue either. You can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right stuff. :-)
Old 08-01-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hi all....Happy Saturday, and welcome Hypernova. Cool name by the way. I wish I had been more imaginative when I joined this site with the name thing, but I was a drunken fool at the time, so I used my first name, my middle name (which I never use), and my area code.....may as well have included my Social Security number and address...maybe I should change.

Anyway, hope everyone has a fun Saturday
Old 08-01-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Checking in really quick on day 15 busy couple days ahead again with school and work. Two more weeks two more weeks lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 08-01-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome Gina I wanted a username that kinda described the path my drinking was taking me and that pretty much sums it up lol.

Day 63 and I have absolutely no ambition today, set my alarm for 7 am with the intention of getting up early having breakfast and going for a hike before work today, needless to say the snooze button won and just a shower and out the door. At work now and just starting to get motivated, perhaps a walk along the beach with the wife tonight to make up for it.

Sorry to hear you're struggling ishallnotwant, please keep trying, thinking about you!

Have an awesome Saturday everyone!
Old 08-01-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Hypernova

hope everyone is having a great weekend

D
Old 08-01-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Went to see Vacation with the family. My head hurts from laughing so hard.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Dee, can you post the link to the new August class please? I can't find it using the phone. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Administrator

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2015-a-2.html

D
Old 08-01-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Old 08-01-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ending day 86. Another nice, quiet, normal day. I like this drama-free life. Rode my bike across town this morning to go to a noon AA meeting--turns out there is no longer a Saturday noon meeting at this particular AA club. Oh well, the bike ride didn't hurt me any. Work was good again. Easy going, smooth shift. No issues at all. Great money. All is good. Nothing else to report, just posting to keep myself accountable.

Glad you enjoyed your movie, Allie. I'll probably wait to watch that one at home but I do definitely want to see it.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 08-01-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just realized AGAGONNHOJ never posted today. August 1 is three months sober for him, the first of our group to reach that mark! Congrats to him, hope he checks in soon!