Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 16

Old 06-29-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

This little unit has a battery powered wand! Now that's fun shopping. No pausing to pump up....be afraid weeds, be very afraid.

Last edited by Mark1014; 07-01-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

So doing some weed killin' and look what I found. Man, so glad those days are gone. Must've been there since last summer and is perfectly typical of a summer weekend for me back then. In the trash now as it should be.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Ah, so Cornettos are the premium version of Drumsticks?

Mark, that is some serious weed killing equipment. I need your services. Two bad backs up here and beds overgrown with weeds. I have one weed taller thank weeping cheery. But I noticed it after my back issues the past two weeks. Dropped a few hints to the husband, but it was still there before vacation. No way I was crawling under the tree to cut it down and pull the roots.

Watching kids and dad playing tennis. TRYING to play. They are all whining and complaining about each other's lack of skills. Dh whines as much as them, I realize! Too much togetherness, lol. We have a Red Box movie for later. Weather has not been great enough to tire everyone out, lol.

I think my kids, after years of getting along way better than most, have hit a rough spot. Lots of daughter sounding like a snotty know it all, and lots of son sply being his hyper, goofy self. Lol. I was lucky for a looong time. They have typically been good travel companions.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great pics guys

to me Cornettos vs Drumsticks is a Coke vs Pepsi thing.
Some prefer either but I don't mind both...

D
Old 06-29-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're managing a nice time though phoebe. I googled some pictures of that area....very nice. I hope it's at least a little cooler or at least less humid than here when we are in that region in a couple of weeks. I like terrorizing weeds and would snatch that one out of the ground for you if I could.

Hope you eat some good seafood while you're there.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

We can get great seafood all the time where we live, Mark! We hav fallen into late afternoon snacks of frozen yogurt , so not hungry for dinner. Doing condo dinners so far. Tonight is cheese, salami, and crackers, veggies and dip, and blueberries.

We do need to get to a favorite local restaurant tomorrow. The weather is a bit unseasonably cool. About 72 degrees today. The beach was very windy, very few swimming, but still enjoyable for awhile.

So far we have done more shopping and movie viewing. Good thing we have an indoor pool.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Mmm drumsticks...yes please! I can't think of a tastier ice cream treat. When I was in college I used to have them for breakfast all the time. Oh yes I did!

Nailed it, Arbor! I think naming it gives you the upper hand.

Oh man, I'm brain dead tonight. Work sapped all my energy, and I'm just tired and unmotivated in general. Can't think of anything clever to say. Just want to lay around, but I can't let my assistant beat my steps. So gotta get moving...
Old 06-29-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Great pics guys

to me Cornettos vs Drumsticks is a Coke vs Pepsi thing.
Some prefer either but I don't mind both...

D
LOL....true!

I was being cheeky this morning.

Arbor ~ thanks to you and your two-year-old I had fun out there today. Every time I thought I was too tired to take another step, I just kept saying to myself "I fine". It made me laugh. And it worked. ♥
Old 06-29-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

And that's the other reason I kept going today with a smile on my face Briar...can't let YOU beat my steps!

Sorry that the weather is cool phoebe, but glad you are making the best of it.
It's awesome that your kids have always gotten along so well. I guess there has to be a patch where they bicker. Hope it passes quickly! What is a Red Box movie? And what movie are you watching tonight?

Kind of ironic that you found that empty under the bushes now Mark...after all that just happened with your daughter I mean. A message from the universe perhaps? Or just me being silly. Very possibly.

OK...now that I am sitting down, I realise how tired I am. But I am very proud of myself. Three days walking for work in a row (I took an extra shift). My foot is fine, and mentally I am feeling stronger every day. I am beginning to believe I can do anything I put my mind to.
Conquest's positive attitude has rubbed off on me!!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I took pictures today to try to show you all how gorgeous it is where I was walking. You can't really tell, but that is the ocean. And that boat is the Spirit of Tasmania, a huge cruiser that takes people and their cars from Melbourne to Tasmania, which is an Aussie Sate located below Victoria, separated by water.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Oh I like those pics V. Didn't realize that it was mild enough there to be so green in winter. Nice palms.

I know about Tasmania. When I was little I spent lots of time on Saturday mornings watching one of it's more famous residents while eating front loops.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

LOL! That is my AV. A whirling tornado that creates complete havoc. Remember the noises he made?

Tamanian Devil Tornado

Old 06-30-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

(And I still LOVE Fruit Loops...must buy some for a treat. ).
Old 06-30-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I do remember. I sound that way before my morning coffee or if I skip too many workout days. Speaking of that, gym time for me.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Arbor ~ thanks to you and your two-year-old I had fun out there today. Every time I thought I was too tired to take another step, I just kept saying to myself "I fine". It made me laugh. And it worked. ♥
Glad it worked for you sweet sweet Venus. I say it all the time. I encourage it! One of the benefits of having children is that you end up walking around all day talking to yourself repeating the funny things they say. Gets me through.

Love your pics btw. You live in a very special spot.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Well, please feel free to share any of the gems that your gorgeous boy comes out with. I need more of those words of wisdom to get me through the day.

The pics really didn't turn out very well ~ it is a thousand times nicer than I managed to capture.
I must go for more walks (for fun) and take some better photos.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

I'm sure it is. Sometimes the mystery of it all is better than the real thing.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi phoebe love... ♥

Well, I am so so tired. Off to bed.
Hope you all have a great day.

Nite Dee.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Morning guys. Nice warm morning here, left all the upstairs windows open all night and it's around 70 F in here at 6:30am. Going to be hot today!

Last night I happened upon a video of a traditional Chinese tea ceremony. Random, I know, but it really is an art. The ladies who did it were amazing, so graceful, like every little move they made was deliberate and perfect. Hopefully this link works if you're interested:

http://youtu.be/MdYnmDigLQk

Or just search YouTube for "tea gathering in the tang dinasty." I could never pull this off. My clumsy ass would be spilling this and breaking that, setting my dress on fire. All bad.

Beautiful pics V. If you're going to walk for miles all day, at least you get to do it somewhere nice.

Another work day, time to go get myself fixed up. Good day to all.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Nailed it, Arbor! I think naming it gives you the upper hand.
Yeah, I never realized that before. Or like I said was still in denial despite all my efforts. Sounds stupid. I'm a slow learner I guess. Also, during those nine months I didn't think about the addiction really. The disease model concept I never liked and fought tooth and nail. Always considered myself more a science guy. I was just trying to live a sober life. I found out a lot of things about myself don't get me wrong I just didn't acknowledge the main culprit. So im going at it at a different angle now and I like it.