Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 41

Old 05-25-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a chilly but sunny paradise. The weekend is over for me so it's back to work today, I have a clean-the-stock day ahead of me before a bunch of new deliveries come in.

Shoes are you around? We are all missing you.

Have a good day all.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hi all, it's been quiet since I posted this morning.

Tomorrow (leaving very early) I am accompanying a friend to court who got a DUI three weeks ago. She is not an alcoholic, she made a mistake on a day when she was working and didn't eat, then she had a couple of glasses of wine and drove. She is shattered about what happened, highly embarrassed and sick about tomorrow. She's already been advised by the cops that she will likely receive a caution only (she was just on the limit) but she's still mortified and afraid of what might happen.

I'm honoured that she asked me to go with her. There but for the grace of god etc. ...
Old 05-26-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

I've been up but busy - planning a trip to visit my daughter and hopefully another stop, too, to meet another Marcher. :-). Keeping fingers crossed.

Shoes, I'll echo Marcher - how are you?

Marcher, sorry about your friend. During the times I drank I never drove because I think I would be totally shattered to be stopped for a DUI. I've known that for many years and have acted accordingly. Easy for it to happen to anyone. Good that she has you to support her!

Have a lovely day, my dear Marchers! One of these days I'll remember to bring my phone when I take a walk around here so I can snap some pics.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sass I hope you do meet another Marcher, even though I am terribly jealous!

Marcher I remember you mentioning your friends DUI when it happened as you say... There but for the grace... I am glad she has you there for her. She needs someone undestanding and non judgemental just now.

All ok in Tootsville, I am procrastinating. I need to put together a website for my author alter ego and have no idea where to begin. I have had some helpful suggestions from some other SRers but tbh, I really just want someone to do it all for me!! It's not often I don't want to prove my independence but in this instance I just want someone to take charge. I know I will feel better for having done it, but I need to take the first step.

I hope everyone is doing ok after the long weekend xx
Old 05-27-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

It's ME! I'm the lucky Marcher that is going to meet Sass! I can't wait!

Toots, I'm sure this website creation is very daunting. But you know that the preliminary looming dread is the worst part. As soon as you make the first move to start, you will be able to chip away a little bit more. Before long, you'll find you're really into it.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Yay! And I'm the very lucky Marcher that gets to meet Gilmer!!! Plane reservations already made :-))))

Toots, that's exciting about your web site plans! Nothing wrong with getting someone to do it for you ... I know you'll be the creative force behind it.

Have a delightful day to all!
Old 05-27-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Today my dad got something interesting in the mail: a card from our old neighbor in PA. She was a good friend of mine's mom. She works for the same company that my cousin does, and she happened to bump into him at a luncheon. He gave her my address, and she sent a nice card! My dad has no clue who she is, but I remember her well. She must be in her 80s by now, but she has a new fiance! I am definitely going to write her back. I guess I'll have to hand write it. That's a bummer--it will take every power of concentration I have to make it legible! I was so happy when people started writing with keyboards!
Old 05-27-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sass and Gilmer: Awwwww... that is great you two will be getting together face to face!
Marcher: You are such a loyal friend.... how kind to be there when she really needs you. I don't know if the US has such a thing as a caution... never having had a DUI, I can't speak to it... will look forward to hearing how it turns out.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I love when Marchers have meet ups! So jealous!

So great that you are there for your friend, Marcher. I didn't turn to anyone when I got my DUI in '99. I was ashamed and overwhelmed and didn't want anyone to know. Please tell her that it's not the end of the world. It feels like it when you're going through it because it's such a different process than anything you've gone through before (police! court!). And I understand the shame and embarrassment, but I hardly ever think of it anymore. My charges were dropped and life goes on.

The school year is coming to an end so lots of stuff going on and I'm not sure how I can fit it all in today but I can and will because I'm sober! I'm not dragging all hungover and feeling like crap.

Shoes, we miss you.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I wish we could do one of those cruises with all Marchers like we used to dream about!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone I missed you all over the last couple of days, I was off with my friend on Wednesday and had to run the shop by myself yesterday as our off-sider and Mr Marcher went to a trade show.

Wednesday went ok. My friend hasn't told anyone -- including her daughters -- what happened so I felt honoured that she told me and let me go with her. She got a small fine and lost her licence for a couple of months (the preceding three weeks count towards that) so that was very light. Of course it's inconvenient but it's her mortification that has upset her more. Anyway once it was over -- some of the hearings before hers were horrific -- we went for lunch in the sun and she felt a bit better.

Sass and Gilmer I am so pleased for you two! How exciting that you will be meeting, I know it will be a great time.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Marcher, I'm glad to hear that it wasn't worse for your friend. She is fortunate to have you in her corner.

I've got my travel plans set - plane, rental car and hotel! I'm so tickled to have a chance to meet Gilmer. I still wish we could all get together but this will be very, very special :-)
Old 05-28-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

We're going someplace nice for lunch!

I just wrote a big spiel over on the Whiners' thread. Most of it wasn't whining.

Got an MRI tomorrow to get the scoop on my deteriorating neck. The steroids did a good job: now I just get the pain rarely, and usually when I'm waking up, not in the middle of the night.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good time Gilmer. Hope the MRI helps work out what's going on

D
Old 05-28-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!
Old 05-28-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I'll be thinking of you, Gilmer and keep my fingers crossed that the news is good!
Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sass! The appointment is at the crack of dawn!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thinking of you Gilmer it's probably happening soon for you...
As for the meet up I am beyond jealous, a Marcher I have already met up with and my very dear friend who has been there for me through private situations and held my hand. I so wished I was there with you! I will be in my heart, and Sass I expect to see photos of you both!!

Duff, it's amazing how much easier work is without the hangover isn't it!

Marcher I understand your friends mortification. It will fade in time. Anyone at all would say there but for the grace of God. Only a complete tee totaller or non driver could say that they never once drove with alcohol in their system. They have reduced the limit here in Scotland, so I drive more often from places just in case that one drink hubby has puts him over the limit.

Hugs to all Marchers have a great weekend, WeHav are you counting the days or hours now?? X
Old 05-29-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I am thinking of you as the crack of dawn approaches.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Thanks, Marcher!

Toots, if you ever come to Washington, I've got a lunch with your name on it! This brings up a good question? Have you heard anything more about the possibility of being sent back to the US in the future?