Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 21

Old 06-29-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank you Dee
Old 06-29-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

CONGRATS MARIAH: you little beauty!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

How exciting, Mariah! Also, your attitude going into the work week is great.

My fire plan consists of a garden hose and a couple of extinguishers. The risk is much higher in the hills that start 6 blocks south of me, but it could sweep through here, too. I should make a plan of some sort. good point, Obo!
Dee, it's too late for sense to prevail in this. Fireworks are already on sale to the public all over town.
Good night, everyone.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

ah good point Adna. We don't have fireworks here, so I missed that

D
Old 06-29-2015, 11:22 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Congrats Mariah on the grandson!

I'm not caught up but I think of you guys frequently. This summer class is kicking my butt but I got a 93 on my second exam. Wooo Hoooo. Downside is I've literally been eating, sleeping and dreaming organic chemistry. No time for anything else.

The only thing that has me concerned is other people have started noticing a slight tremor in my hands. I noticed it too the other day when I tried to put on nail polish. I'm going to call my doctor and inquire but anyone else have shaky hands on antidepressants? Apparently it's common? I'm on a pretty good kick and am intimidated by the idea of having to switch up my medication. Blah.

Sorry to blabber on and to not be up to date. Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 06-30-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Mariah, that's wonderful news, congratulations!

Rocks, 93, wow. Great work, I'm so happy for you.

It does seem a bit mad to let off fireworks in the hot season. I'm not really a firework fan. On New Years Eve, I'm the person who's in bed by 10, asking people to keep the noise down!

Having said that, I hope all goes well, and everyone stays safe.

It's hot here too (that is English version of hot which is about 20°c). Time to get the shorts out of the drawer.

Hope everyone's days going well.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Mariah
Old 06-30-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello Fools

Glad you had a good and relaxing retreat.

That's sad to hear adna, I can't help but wonder if it was done on purpose so they can use the land for something.
I have to agree with obo, best to have a plan. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Congratulations Mariah. I hope things calm down at work.

Organic chemistry might be kicking your butt, but it sounds like you are kicking it's butt right back rocks.
I hope things work out with the hand tremor.

Have a great day all.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi free! Glad your retreat was relaxing.

Hi UP, obo, Adna, Mariah and everyone else!

I had a bit of an annoying bump in the road today. Went to the health center to ask about the side effects and they said that I could see a nurse but they had discontinued psychiatric services (surprise!) and I would have to find another provider to deal with any medication change. They did a work up and nothing's wrong (thankfully). They believe it is in fact a medication side effect, but now I have no one to help me with my medication issues until I find a new provider . I guess it's shaky hands for now.

On the bright side now 7 months sober. So that's cool.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry about the lack of care, but congrats on the 7 months rocks. Please be careful, it can sometimes be dangerous to come off some antidepressants without medical supervision.
Take care of yourself.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Rocks, 7 months sober is fantastic, and so is a 93 on your chemistry exam! I hope you're feeling really good about both accomplishments. I'm sorry you have to find a new Dr. It seems like a really bad idea for them to have discontinued psychiatric services at your school. I hope you can find someone without too much difficulty.
Up, it is Entirely possible that the fire was intentional. The land had just been sold to a non profit in April, it was going to be used for kid's sports, after a drawn out process during which several developers had tried to buy it. There was a huge community push to save it, and the developers were all rejected as buyers. It is prime real estate. No cause has been determined yet.
Freein, I'm usually in bed before midnight on New Year's Eve, too. I tried to go to a couple of parties a few years ago, but just ended up driving by them. I couldn't even make myself get out of the car.
Hi to everyone else. I hope the week is off to a good start for all.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Rocks....I am so proud of you for 7 months!!! That made my day & great job on your exam!!!! I was so scared for you with the last couple of posts those months ago & know that your sobriety is the most important accomplishment I don't have much, so I don't mean that to sound hypocritical...I just am so happy for you. I hope you get the answer to the shaky hands & don't stress too much about it....just keep doing what your doing
Old 06-30-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hey y'all,

Hope everyone's doing well-

Mariah- congrats on the new grandbaby boy!

Adna- great to hear from you. We must have flipped climates- oddly enough, we don't have to worry about fireworks ... this year ... Maybe they'll implement a burn ban where you are. A couple if years ago, no real fireworks were allowed here- strange but probably prevented a lot of unnecessary fires ...

Free - hope you enjoyed your retreat!

Obo- how's the job front looking?

Rocks- sounds like everything's going well at school. And 7 months is awesome!

Up - hope you're hanging in ...

Hanging in here- everything's looking up. Still worried about Tops though ...

I
Old 06-30-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-22-a.html

D