Administrator

Class of October 2014 Part 13

Continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-12-a-20.html

D
Old 04-09-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Something like this would do me...if not for the ladder LOL...

maybe an escalator?

D
Old 04-09-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Or a really cool lift that takes you straight up...I love that set-up.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have not read back to why you posted that loft, Dee, but very cool! That height would not be comfortable for me, but it certainly is attractive and efficient. I am not fond of heights or ladders, just in a phobic sense.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would fall out of bed with monotonous regularity so sadly it's not for me either lol

D
Old 04-09-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can never let my daughter see that! Then nothing else would do....trying to stay on a budget here Dee.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Having a good week. Feeling more upbeat, feeling a bit more accomplished at the cleanup in the house. Helped my son get some of his things organized and purged. It is a beginning. My husband and kids tend toward hoarding, in a somewhat concerning way, not joking about it. It is very hard for them to let go of things. Stuff is piling up around here and it overwhelms me. Me against 3!!

But, drinking and turning away from it all doesn't accomplish anything, actually makes it worse! So, I march onward. Have had success selling some items on a local FB yard sale page, and will have several bags of books, clothing, and toys for the EF truck tomorrow! Hopefully, I will also have a clear and clean guest bedroom for my MIL's visit this weekend, lol.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I would fall out of bed with monotonous regularity so sadly it's not for me either lol

D
Sad to say, Dee, I think I might too, and I have no solid reason for that.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well phoebe love, I will encourage you with the clean-up by telling you how freeing it is to get it all done...this was years of crappy build-up for me, and those 5 days I took to get it done was crazy, but I was in crisis mode. In the end, I look around here every day in amazement. It is really awesome to be this clean and organised again. It freed up my head to work on other things....so go girl. You can do this!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi phoebe,

One thing we do when wanting to get rid of something (currently it is the barbie dream house) is put it away and out of sight for a period of time. If it is not missed after a certain time frame it either goes in trash or goodwill gets it. It really is crazy how much stuff accumulates.

We've got spring maintenance projects too. Scaffolding is all around the house to replace the siding on the upstairs windows. Getting a new roof next week and then a guy is coming to power wash the ceiling under the porches and eaves. We get mildew here because of humidity i guess. Anyway, it feels good to get things accomplished.....until I write the check.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh, don't even talk about the outside!

Our deck is a mess, by design. We keep intending to hire a contractor to tear it down and build on a new room back there, and perhaps do a patio. So, we let it go, and never get around to the reno. We should at least power wash and stain it. Easy enough. Or, just make the call. I have a name, guy who just did some great work for a friend. It would be great to renovate the kitchen and extend a room out off of it.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Well phoebe love, I will encourage you with the clean-up by telling you how freeing it is to get it all done...this was years of crappy build-up for me, and those 5 days I took to get it done was crazy, but I was in crisis mode. In the end, I look around here every day in amazement. It is really awesome to be this clean and organised again. It freed up my head to work on other things....so go girl. You can do this!
I am so proud of you for getting that done, Venus!! I remember you posting about it, and being sore all over from the work.

Off I go. Got caught up chatting with a few friends on Facebook this am. Real friends, but from far away. Also with one old, local friend. That was nice. Off to clean...
Old 04-09-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ok V, per your request....her name is Zoe.

Last edited by Mark1014; 04-10-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Zoe
Old 04-09-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How cute is she? What is she, FAD? My daughter's hamster just died yesterday. I am daydreaming about a dog. I doubt we would ever get one, but the kids would love it. Hubby does not like pets. Small seems manageable.

I have a guest room back! It is all cleared out!! I do need ot launder the bedding and get in there with the vacuum and dust. But may try to get hubby to do the vacuuming. His mom is coming. I am tired and my knees ache from running up and down stairs all day long. Got three huge bags of trash, two full bags of recycled paper/cardboard, 6 or so bags/boxes for the donation truck tomorrow! Whew! And I have dinner in the crockpot, laundry going. Thing is, when you have a project to do, you still gotta feed and clothe the children.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Phoebe, she is a west highland white terrier....aka westie. She's a bit yappy for my taste, but the kids love her. She thinks her mission in life is to catch and destroy lizards. Westies don't shed much. Our dog just prior to this was a Maltese/poodle mix...maltypoo. She was my favorite of the two. You have been super busy de-cluttering....I'm better on outside stuff but could stand to do a little organizing in my closet.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Boy have I missed yall! Thanks so much for all of the well wishes. Things are a little bonkers right now but I'm hanging in. The Internet is practically nonexistent where I've been staying so boooooooo. I'm home now and hopefully will get to hang here tonight...ordering pizza (on paper plates, of course, V! Lol) and watching a movie...Clicking my heels cuz there's no place like home!!!

Reading up has given me such a boost. I just wanna squeeze each of you, including our newest family member, Zoe! So very proud to be a part of this crew.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Conquest honey, so happy to see you!!!
Glad you're home love. Don't click those heels too many times or you're going to end up in Oz. (or Kansas).

Zoe is very cute! She looks different form all of the other Westies I have seen though, unless she just has her ears down maybe? And my friend has that sofa. I love that sofa, and it's SO comfortable.

Hi wolfie love!

WELL DONE phoebe, what a lot of work you did. Speaking of which....I have days of work both walking and job stuff ahead of me. I may not be here much.

Love to all of the Octsobers. ♥
Old 04-09-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great to see you checking in Conquest. Pizza sounds good and being able to sleep in your own bed wil likely be a help. Enjoy the movie!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Conquest! Missed your positivity. I hope you get some good time to relax tonight.

Nice dog FAD! We have no pets here. No siree. But I grew up with three dogs. One mut and two Bichons.