Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 18

Old 03-29-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Thanks B!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Good for you Marty. I think that in each stage of our lives we need to re-center and get to know ourselves again. Otherwise how can we make good choices?
Old 03-29-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Well I can do stuff alone, but not sure I am independent emotionally. I've pretty much always had a relationship of some sort cooking, since I was about 16. This is the longest I've gone in my life without a "boyfriend", I think. It's been hard. But they say you shouldn't start something in early recovery. And it's been a good growing experience for me. I don't count my guy friend as a relationship any more. I'm letting go of the idea we can be together as anything but friends. It's healthier for me that way.
That is great! I am so glad you are putting your sobriety first. I think everything else will eventually fall into place!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Yes, but I'm still in love with him. So letting go is very very hard. But I'm spending most of the day with him today. So that's nice. I know he cares about me a lot. I have to be thankful for his loyalty and friendship. I probably hurt him with my drinking behavior more than anyone else in my life. Most people would have completely written me off.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Valentine, do you think it's love or maybe being codependent? If you feel that letting go is what is healthiest for you, spending time with him might not be the best option for either of you. I only say that because I shared the same relationship pattern as you and was never single for more than a blink... It took having time to myself (2 years, sigh) and some counseling to really "re-center" myself, as B said. Something to think about. Regardless, you are deserving of a love that is sincere and mutual. Don't settle for anything less.

Middy, good for you! I love going to movies by myself also. I once heard it described as being part of a fleeting community... I like that.

Della bella, *hug* sorry about the dreams love. Have you tried controlling your dreams before? It's a pretty useful tool that helped me with the ptsd stuff. And once I felt i had control of my dreams, the anxiety lessened greatly. Could also try halving your melatonin dose as well.

B! Have fun with Jack today!

Taking the gf to an art museum today. I asked her if they serve chili dogs and she punched me, what kind of **** is that? Trying to take things slow but... I think this girl is going to be around for a while, guys. Just a feeling.

Have a beautiful Sunday my friends.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

My kind of girl!! So very happy for you!!! I will definitely look into the dream control never heard of it. Thanks love.

Marty this is the longest I have been single too..since Aug but I think it is important fit me right now. You've got this!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Lucid dreaming, i think its called. Pretty cool stuff
Old 03-29-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

Sounds like everyone had a good Saturday!

The weather here is so gorgeous we're doing as many outdoor projects as we can squeeze in this weekend!

Hugs everyone!
Xoxo
Old 03-29-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

My 13 year old son is big into trying lucid dreaming right now. He read up on it and has all sorts of tricks He says he can almost do it now.

Tonks - I'm trying to sort out if it's love or co-dependence. Definitely a question I have in my mind. As for today, we are just hanging out and watching basketball, and bottling his home brew. No worries about me drinking, though! Not only do I have no desire to, but he'd kick my a** big time if I did. so it's more of a buddies hanging out day.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Morning!

Brynn, enjoy the beautiful weather!

Wishing everyone well
Old 03-29-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Would love to hear about Fri night....
Old 03-29-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Would love to hear about Fri night....
Me too, copper!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hey guys!!!

Just heading out to work

Tonks! She's a lucky girl xx

Mld: I'm not sure...... Why is he having a recovering alcoholic help him bottle home brew?
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but this guy seems to kinda but you in awkward spots sometimes. I may be way out of line here. Is it possible he likes you drinking? I mean he even made you cry on your sober birthday
I'm suspicious though. The criminology gets to me :/

I like the movies alone too!

Guess what Brynn and Della! I'm over my ex! It just happened somehow thank god!
I had a brief convo with him the other day by accident, he seemed like he wanted to keep talking, but I just said I didn't think it was a good idea, and I was fine with that.
Finally!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Me too Copper xoxo!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I volunteered to help him with the beer. He usually does it by himself, but I'm interested in the process. He wouldn't let me if he didn't think I was comfortable with my sobriety. And as far as the crying goes, I have stood up for myself and the past is now off-limits as a topic of conversation. So we move forward from here as friends. I think I may have painted a bad picture of him here. He's truly a good guy, with faults like anyone else.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I don't have a bad picture of him, Marty! We just love you and want to see you happy!
Old 03-29-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
I don't have a bad picture of him, Marty! We just love you and want to see you happy!
Very much so
Old 03-29-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I think we just get over protective of each other Marty. I don't have a bad vibe about him but he had done a few things that ticked me off. That is just being hurt for you.

Yay Jen!! I think I am on my way too...he texted last night..I answered his question. He kept texting but I turned the volumn off and went to sleep.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Tonks - I am so happy for you. This gf sounds smart and fun - a winning combination.
Enjoy the museum and go get some food after.

All I could think about this morning while working Jack was bacon.
So guess what - I made bacon as soon as I got home. Yum. I love bacon.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Marty, I'm in complete agreement with Brynn and Della.

B, bacon is the best isn't it?

Jen and Della, I'm really glad you guys are past your exes. It's a really liberating feeling!

There really isn't much to say about my night out. I watched his band play, we talked until the sun came up, he kissed me goodnight (technically good morning), and then I went home.