Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 18

Old 03-29-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Was out and about with the gf mama b. Hope you had a good day!

Sweet dreams litter
Old 03-29-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good Morning Lovely Littermates.
Day 114 for we Royal Veggie Triplets.
You could hear a pin drop here last night.
We joined some friends for a birthday celebration - they were doing a train pub crawl - we drove and boy am I glad we did. It was nice to be with them for about 2 hours and them many of them were loaded and goofy. We got home by 9.
It gave me and hubby a chance to have a nice discussion. He gave up alcohol for Lent. He will drink after Lent but not as often as he used to. He does not have a problem with booze so all is cool.
Tonks - I am so happy that you enjoyed your evening with the gf.
How goes the VA job?
Heading out later this morning for the normal Sunday morning long training session with Jack. It supposed to warm up to nearly 50 here today. Yippee!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good time B!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

How was you evening sweet sister Della?
Old 03-29-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Quiet but that's ok. Had another cray cray dream. Maybe it's the melatonin but I think I am psychologically hooked on it. I think I won't sleep without it..so when I try to not take it I make myself so anxious I don't sleep. I think I am really scared of being awake in the middle of the night because of all the awful nights drinking.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I totally understand that. And the dreams really suck.
For the first month or so of sobriety I had to take PM stuff to sleep through the night. I finally stopped when I started getting tired without it and one night I forgot to take it and I slept through the night peacefully.
Maybe instead of the melatonin try the PM stuff - it's available separate without the Tylenol, Alleve or whatever.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Do you have anything planned for today?
Old 03-29-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning!

Della, I can't take melatonin because of the dreams. Maybe try magnesium/calcium powder? My daughter takes it and swears by it. Here's a link with more information.
http://naturalvitality.com/natural-calm/

It's supposed to be a natural stress reliever. She takes it every night a bit before bed and says it helps her sleep. When I stopped drinking I began immediately to sleep soundly through the night, so I guess I'm lucky.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Oh I forgot to say that the powder is available on Amazon. There are tons of sellers so you'll have to search for a good price.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Good Morning Marty.
I never heard of that stuff. I'll check it out too.
Although I have to tell you that most nights I sleep like a log but there are time when my mind races and that would be good to have on hand.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Morning Marty I will check that out now! I am a big Amazon fan.

I have the bridal shower today. Just started sauce in the crock pot having my parents and daughter over for pasta tonight.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Cujo smells so pretty since he was groomed. I can tell he is not a fan.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

When you shop on Amamzon if you go to smile.amazom.com you can choose a charity and they give a percent or two of your total at no cost to you. Easy way to give.
I give to a local Veterans group called Veterans R&R
Old 03-29-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Magnesium is suppose to relax you and help with anxiety. I started taking it. I never have trouble sleeping unless I am drinking...and that is over with!

The pasta sounds great Della! I hope you have fun at the bridal shower and with your family.

Copper- I am glad you had fun last night!!

Tonks- sounds like you and your girlfriend are having a good time together.

BBQ- I am glad you drove separately too and had a nice talk with your husband. My husband was in a aweful mood yesterday no doubt because of the hangover and then he had a couple more beers. he didn't get off the couch. I walked by the lake a few miles and I went to the movies by myself! It was pretty fun. First time doing that. I am sure today will be a good day. I think I freaked him out being gone all day yesterday! lol
Old 03-29-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBQBiker View Post
When you shop on Amamzon if you go to smile.amazom.com you can choose a charity and they give a percent or two of your total at no cost to you. Easy way to give.
I give to a local Veterans group called Veterans R&R
I didn't know that. Thank you.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I give to a local animal charity through smile. I think ibotta has a similar thing too.

Good job shaking him up Middie! Sometimes they need it!
Old 03-29-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

I love going to the movies by myself. Do it a lot. But I'm weird in that I don't mind eating out alone, either. I have traveled alone, a lot, too. I'm an only child so I grew up doing lots of stuff on my own. Maybe that's why my marriages and other relationships haven't worked out so well. Something to think about.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post

Good job shaking him up Middie! Sometimes they need it!
I came home and he told me he had the police looking for me and that I didn't tell him where I was going. I did he just didn't remember. he said he tried to call me three times...(I had my phone off in the theater. lol) oh well. I wasn't going to waste my Saturday babysitting a grown man.

Marty- that is something to think about. I think it is great you are so independent.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hey Middy - it's good to make him think. Like Brynn said - sometimes we have to lead by example. My hubby drinks just to be social. He does get drunk once in a while. My sobriety has really made him more conscious of his alcohol consumption. I really did not discuss it with him for the first month. He noticed and appreciated.
Marty - that is cool that you are comfortable with yourself. Most people have to learn about that comfort later in life if they ever do.
Della, you day sounds fun. Enjoy the bridal shower and your pasta with your parents and daughter. What a nice Sunday.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
I came home and he told me he had the police looking for me and that I didn't tell him where I was going. I did he just didn't remember. he said he tried to call me three times...(I had my phone off in the theater. lol) oh well. I wasn't going to waste my Saturday babysitting a grown man.

Marty- that is something to think about. I think it is great you are so independent.
It is hard sometimes Middy - I love your choice.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Well I can do stuff alone, but not sure I am independent emotionally. I've pretty much always had a relationship of some sort cooking, since I was about 16. This is the longest I've gone in my life without a "boyfriend", I think. It's been hard. But they say you shouldn't start something in early recovery. And it's been a good growing experience for me. I don't count my guy friend as a relationship any more. I'm letting go of the idea we can be together as anything but friends. It's healthier for me that way.