Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 38

Old 02-27-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

thanks Trach----I hope TDG---is getting help.
Babs
Old 02-27-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Paradise is still tropical, I swear Dee's weather has been moved to us and V's probably getting my weather. It seems like it's been a coolish wet summer but the weatherman says that we've had the usual average temperatures and average rainfall. Interestingly the nighttime temperatures have not dropped below 20C for over two weeks and have averaged 22C.

We are going to a young friend's party this evening, over breakfast I was musing over what I'll wear which is quite a change from the days of musing over what I'd drink and whether I should take some "just in case".

Have a good day peeps.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

This is most definitely the coolest summer we have had in years, thank God.
I am very grateful. I am also grateful for my sobriety, my beautiful healthy cat, a roof over my head and my car. And of course that dad is still with us.

I am reminding myself of all of this because I am very depressed.
I have had endless problems with my PT job, and my boss. Once again he made me wait days for my boxes, and then didn't pay us. Again. I have had no luck with my job applications, and I am now in complete panic mode. Four weeks of bill money left, and that's it. I know panicking is counterproductive...but on top of everything else I have managed to get the 'flu. In February? Really?

And I can't even make coffee anymore. Trivial? Yes. But it's just all too much for me right now.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

(((VC))) sometimes everything crowds in and we feel incapable of taking control of anything. Sometimes it's worth saying 'sod it, it will still be there in the morning' and going to bed. A fresh start can give ipus the necessary energy to confront one thing at a time. I hope you feel better Abel to cope soon. Keep putting yourself out there job wise, something will turn up soon, try to keep positive.

WeHave, I know what it's like to clearly see where someone is going wrong, but be unable to make the. See things the right way. All you can do is offer to help when they are ready to ask. You have a big heart which makes it impossible for you to ignore a wounded animal be it four legged 2 legged or winged.

I have been thinking today of this time last year, my first view of New York, seeing all the places and experiencing things I only saw on film. I was also hours away from turning 50 and wondered what the year would hold for me. Well looking back I have experienced more than I have time to write of, it has been a year of joy and experience and continuing sobriety. I live a charmed life. I give thanks to the fates for another year of it.

We are currently in the Yorkshire Dales for a break, and Internet is intermittent so don't worry if you don't hear from me until I get home Monday
Old 02-27-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

In that case, I won't wait:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING TOOTS!!!! ♥♥♥
Old 02-27-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

50? Sheesh!

Happy Day, toots.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Toots, have a happy 50th, youngster!
Old 02-27-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

(((V))), so sorry you are having a tough time! I'm sending positive thoughts your way and hope life gets easier very soon.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy bday Toots
I hope you'll fond some way to make ends meet V

D
Old 02-27-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, V. I truly hope it is darkest before a big dawn for you.

Happy birthday, Toots!

When's the official date?
Old 02-27-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

toots' b-day is Feb 28. Which it is here...

And thank you for the kind words and positive thoughts. ♥
Old 02-27-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Toots: I hired a quartet in honor of your birthday!

Old 02-27-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Venus: I am sorry to hear you are having job issues. Here are my thoughts for your boss:
Old 02-27-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I'm jealous I can't figure out how to put cute jumpy faces in my posts. Gilmer, V, 1Day, Toots, Trachy, everybody animates. I barely can type. Budd and North get picture inserter awards.

I hope your job stress goes away V. Wish I could run over with some baked goods to cheer you up.

Happy Birthday Toots! 50s are the best. So far I'm chalking these past couple up in the top line up. Definately this 2nd year not drinking. The first year was a little tricky. Quite the roller coaster ride. Year 2 is certainly more calm. And the past 6 months....definitely the most happy I've been in years.

And not much is all that different in my life. I'm just different. I don't see things the same way. I see things more in terms of just what's real vs fantasy. I don't create a lot of stories in my head much anymore. Stuff just is what it is. Things that used to bother me just seem like more of just a put it on my to do list and I work on it when I'm ready. And then funny, most just seem to figure themselves out without any help...or interference...depending how you look at it...from me. Go figure.

Hang in there V. Some days I have to put a lot of work into myself and then some days I just float calmly on the intertube of life. I seem to be getting better knowing which one I need to do now. Paddle or float. I'm okay with either.

xoxo
Old 02-27-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Thank you shoes.

You know, I've been thinking a lot about the changes that sobriety bring.
I spent years living in a fantasy world, and now it's about living in reality.
Sometimes, as you said, I have to paddle, and right now I'm out of breath and going round in circles. It's frustrating. And scary. But I have faith that persistence will bring better times.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

(((((((Venuskitten)))))) I hope your job situation changes for the better very soon!
Old 02-28-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
I don't create a lot of stories in my head much anymore. Stuff just is what it is. Things that used to bother me just seem like more of just a put it on my to do list and I work on it when I'm ready. And then funny, most just seem to figure themselves out without any help...or interference...depending how you look at it...from me. Go figure.
This is true of me, also!

Some days I have to put a lot of work into myself and then some days I just float calmly on the innertube of life.
I LOVE IT!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Toots de Sweet.

Didn't you turn 50 last year???
Old 02-28-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
50s are the best. So far I'm chalking these past couple up in the top line up. Definately this 2nd year not drinking. The first year was a little tricky. Quite the roller coaster ride. Year 2 is certainly more calm. And the past 6 months....definitely the most happy I've been in years.

And not much is all that different in my life. I'm just different. I don't see things the same way. I see things more in terms of just what's real vs fantasy. I don't create a lot of stories in my head much anymore. Stuff just is what it is. Things that used to bother me just seem like more of just a put it on my to do list and I work on it when I'm ready. And then funny, most just seem to figure themselves out without any help...or interference...depending how you look at it...from me. Go figure.

Hang in there V. Some days I have to put a lot of work into myself and then some days I just float calmly on the intertube of life. I seem to be getting better knowing which one I need to do now. Paddle or float. I'm okay with either.

xoxo
Where's our Hall of Fame for Marcher Posts? We have one, don't we? This is definitely Hall of Fame material.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I wrote the post below on my other thread but wanted to share it with my dearest SR friends so have copied it here:

I spent a bit of time this morning thinking about how I'm changing I realized that I feel good about the differences. I can't say I never think about a drink but the intensity and frequency have dropped a great deal. This week grocery shopping I walked by the wine section and barely noticed it - no longing feelings :-)

New activities are keeping me too busy to think much about alcohol. I run the library computer, do water aerobics three times a week and have joined two book clubs :-). I'm taking care of myself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. My recent big life change is feeling very positive as I explore new things. I don't get stressed out by too much to do because I'm learning to simply drop or delay things on my to do list when I feel it's too much.

Life is good!