Notices

Class of March 2013 part 37

Old 01-30-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I took the final yesterday, and I think I did well. I will get my grade in two or three weeks.
I'll bet you're glad that's over. And I'll hazard a guess that you did well :-)

Thanks all for your wonderful support! It's been there throughout our journey and it has been especially helpful in keeping me on track during this major change in my life. I know I need to stay sober permanently and at the same time think of it as one-day-at-a-time. Part of my brain understands that the desire for a drink is the AV and not the sane and rational part of me. It's nowhere near what my AV tells me it would be and would destroy everything I've worked so hard for. Truth be told, I enjoy being sober so much more than being passed out!
Old 01-30-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a lovely day in Paradise, the tennis finals are this weekend and as we are going out for dinner tonight I'm free from 3pm (when the shop closes). Good times.

Gilmer I do like that confident tone about your performance in your final, a year ago you would have had doubts about yourself, go you. Babs I hope it's a good weekend with your sister, one day at a time will get you where you want to be.

Sass keep in mind that these people don't know you as a drinker, you are a new resident in the facility so all you need say is "No thanks I don't drink" and they will know you only as a non-drinker.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I feel the same way Sass...being sober is infinitely better.
And you are doing so well, and we are all so proud of you!!!

One day at a time, and yes, forever. That is how I look at this journey as well.

Huge hugs Babs, you sound really strong.

I am working again now, and just over 3 months sober....moving forward.
It's not always easy, but it is always worth it.

My dad is sick, so I am worried. There are only so many times he can bounce back.

Love to all of the Marchers! ♥
Old 01-30-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good morning Marcher ~ are you looking forward to final(s) in the tennis?
I am, most definitely.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

V, you are strong! But sorry your dad is sick. Aging can be difficult.

Marcher, you'll be happy to know I'm getting much more comfortable with saying "no, thanks". I don't add anything beyond that and nobody has pushed it. My hostess for tonight's dinner brought a bottle of wine but when the other three of us said "no, thanks", she put the bottle away! Perhaps I'm attracting the sober crowd?
Old 01-30-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

My head just did this... over the fact that the other lady put the bottle away....wow, people can actually do that?

Of course I know they can, and that there are plenty of 'normal' drinkers out there. I am glad that no one is being pushy Sass. And how nice to have a dinner where no one was drinking.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hellllloooooo!

I have had the week...actually month from work hell. I had to write 21 job descriptions and hold 27 yearly reviews. And I'm not HR. All I can say is I got job security because the owner sure delegates things to me that makes me wonder why. I guess it's a compliment. Haha.

I dot even know where to begin but I will try...

Happy belated 90 Venus! Congratulations! Nice cake North.

Welcome back Babs! I'm so glad you are back. Never give up.

I couldn't wait to read through all the posts to get to Sassy all moved in. As crazy as it probably was Sass, it's got to be a little exciting. They will beget used to you not drinking. Everyone where I work knows I don't drink but know one has ever asked me why. Nobody cares...in a good way.

Uh, Budd. I thought I heard it all until I read toe joint replacement. I didn't know they made little metal joints that small. I'm still wrapping my head around that one.

All the tennis talk has confused me. Go ahead and stone me but I'd rather be poked in the eye with a stick than watch tennis. However I will give you the players are nice to look at. I too Duff have girl crush on that Williams girl.

Gilmer, I have goofed up more stuff with my mom and dad through all that moving them and taking care of them I will be still be trying to fix it for another 20 years. It's gets easier. Or it maybe I just got used to things being screwed up. If it's any councilation my BFFs elderly mom who just got moved up here from Bocca has been in the hospital twice for her heart and they just found out the hospital they've been going to doesn't take her insurance. Oopsie. Yah, cath lab and all. I'd stress for them but my BFFs mom was in a child labor camp in Poland and survived the nazis so that i got a hundred that says mom will chew that hospital up and spit them out. They will end up sending her a check she's so tough.

Let's see...Trach. Defang that critter and he would be cute. That's some pair of chiclets that things got.

I had a momentary thought I wanted to get a pot bellied pig. I think they are cute. But then I read they can get over a hundred pounds. It passed. I always like piglets. My gramps farm had them and I loved them. However, those sows can be mean and they got a pair of choppers on them too. But I digress.

Marcher, how you doing? Mr Marcher feeling good? I hope so.

Toots. What's new and exciting? You too 1Day.

Meso. Shout out to you!

Hi Dee. Hope you are doing well.

Sorry if I'm missing someone. The minute I hit post I know it will hit me.

I'm doing great btw. I'm actually pretty darn happy most of the time.

xoxo
Old 01-30-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement, Shoes! Put your feet up after the week you've had!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, Shoes! You sound good and very busy :-)

V, yes, it was nice! And the person who brought the bottle hosted a dinner I had when checking out the place and I had a glass that time (as did she) so it was especially nice that she took it right in stride. Who would have guessed!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Really nice to see you shoes!!!

(((Sass))) ♥ Your happiness, and shoes' happiness....very good stuff!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Shoes! lovely to see you

Maybe this is the answer. http://youtu.be/H7leMctSTMc

I so want one!!!

Off to wompland, and fighting a virus, will check in later
Old 01-31-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shoes

D
Old 01-31-2015, 01:21 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

V, I hope your dad feels better, and is able to remain kind as you care for him. You are a very good daughter!
Old 01-31-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Shooooooes! How are ya, darlin'? Glad you popped in.

Time to head to work. Woke up at 3 am and could not get back to sleep. I'll catch up tonite. on here and on sleep.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hi Shoes!! Sorry they're running you ragged but that's what you get for being so competent on the job!

Hey Toots! Will you be cheering for your adopted US home town team tomorrow?? I suppose I will be since I am from New England, if I must choose. I suppose that goes for you too, Sass?? Deflate-gate and all - hehehe.

So glad the dinner went so well last night, Sass. See, now you're the sober trend-setter! That was one of the big eye-openers for me about sobriety, seeing how many people didn't drink or could take it or leave it. At first it's baffling, but then it becomes very comforting.

V, how's your dad today?? I'm sorry he's having such a rough patch -- I'm praying for you both
Old 01-31-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Trachy, I do believe our favorite turtle is coming out of his shell with that delightful sense of humor! I can sometimes be too judgmental about people of different political persuasions but you are teaching this old lady that people are people and we can and do value the person inside the shell. :-)

Duff, I love how you seem to calmly move along. You have much quiet wisdom though you often hide your light under a bushel.

Gilmer, how are things going with your dad?

V, I love how strong you sound these days! You have many challenges in your life right now but you are handling them and growing stronger. You are a very kind and thoughtful person!

Dee, I'm delighted to see your bouncy avatar ... I hope that means you are doing reasonably well!

Shoes, I still remember when you joined the Marchers around the same time I did. From your first avatar I couldn't figure out if you were male or female. Of course the shoe obsession did give you away.
I love your spirit and it has been a privilege to watch you grow. The difference in what I perceive as your happiness quotient is amazing!

Hugs to all Marchers!
Old 01-31-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

My dad is doing well, Sass. A couple of weeks ago he was back in the hospital for difficulty breathing. Apparently his lungs had filled with fluid again, but he did not end up with a heart attack this time. He was a lot cheerier and more lucid in the hospital this time, too. He had a male roommate in a semi-private room, so I was not permitted to stay overnight, even though the nurses practically begged me to last time; but this time he was fine at night and had no issues.

So far so good at home. Thanks for asking!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Thank you ♥♥♥

Both for the good wishes for dad, and your kind words to me.
It's funny, but I don't feel strong.
I just posted an inspirational quote in the 24-hour thread about strength...

I will see dad later, and I will stay strong.
Just for today.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Marchers. We had a nice dinner last night, I had spatchcock with green bean and pomegranate couscous -- delish!

V I hope you find your Dad doing ok. I understand your worry with him being very elderly, Mum is just a few years younger than your Dad so I have times when I wonder if she will be around the next day but you know? ... When they live to a great old age I think we have to change our perspective and instead feel gratitude for the incredible amount of time we have had with them and are still having. I don't know if I am getting my meaning across...I guess I am saying there is all this time we have had, these days now are a gift many never experience.

Shoes it's great to see you. Thanks for asking about Mr Marcher, the new patch meds gave him relief for about two days and the nothing, his Dr is going to up the dose.

A lazy Sunday afternoon is ahead for me.

Have a good one peeps.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Marcher, I had to Google "spatchcock"!