last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-17-a-20.html

D
Old 01-20-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Winner
Old 01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BLOODY BASS PLAYERS...... I should have guessed...!
Old 01-20-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2nd place !
Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Originally Posted by obosob View Post
BLOODY BASS PLAYERS...... I should have guessed...!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great going on checking in here Chick & "riding the wave out" - Fabulous for your kids to come home to a sober Mom & chocolate chip cookies
Old 01-20-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Mariah, I fell a heck of a lot better than I would have if I'd given in.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Obo I've been having the drinking dreams the past week or so also. I too always wake up relieved it's just a dream. Even in the dreams I am always really disappointed in myself.
I have a list of reasons not to drink on my phone to look at if I'm out and AV is bugging me. And being disdained in my self for drinking the next day is just about top of the list.
I am so glad they are only dreams! I'd like it if mine would give me a break though! I've been a bit stressed lately so it makes sense that I am having weird dreams.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Chick....I like the idea of keeping a list of reasons not to drink on your phone. I am going to do that. Anyway, I'm spinning a bit tonight & your post is a reminder that all I have to do today is just not drink, that is all....period. Hugs to All
Old 01-21-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Chick, that's a brilliant idea to keep your reasons on your phone. Hope the stress calms down today for you.

You too Mariah, hope you're not "spinning" anymore.

Obo, you going to be a great Dad at 40. It's not at all late these days, I know plenty of couples having babies in their 40s.I think the family benefit from that little extra maturity and wisdom.

Having said that, I'm beginning to realise, that how ever old we get, we're still only a fraction of a blink in the eye of God's time. There's not much difference really between decades. 10 or 20 years is no time at all for the universe or mankind, it's all relative... and incredibly awesome.

I need to get my chimp in gear to get this body moving.

See you later.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi fools! Today is going much better than yesterday craving-wise. Thank goodness. I had another drinking dream. Wow, those need to go away. But it does remind me how much I want to be sober.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Chick: Good stuff!!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mariah, I know this is a bit late (you needed an inspirational quote yesterday!), but today's quote on my calender is "joy exists only in self acceptance. Seek perfect acceptance, not a perfect life" (unknown author)

Right now I have to accept that I've caught my partners cold, and stop all the negative self talk around it. There, it works, I feel much better about the day already! Sniff, sniff, cough, cough....

It sounds like there might be a few changes at work over the next few weeks, I'll be working longer hours for a while (I will be paid for it, so it's not all bad). I'll know more today hopefully.

I didn't realise, but I've passed the 9 month alcohol free mark. Only 3 months to go before I celebrate a full year of sobriety. I can't believe I've come this far, the time has flown by. It just wouldn't have happened without SR. It's not just me, either. My partner no longer drinks wine, and has only 1 or 2 small beers a week . It has made such a difference to our home life.

My only regret is that I spent so many years wasting my money and time and health on drink. It's a shame, but today I'm seeking perfect acceptance, and not seeking a perfect life.

Have a great day all.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 Months Freein !!

They give out green poker chips around here for that milestone, ...the greenlight chip, ..the *go chip*,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....goin' for the 1 year blue

Hope you're feeling better soon, ....
....and congrats on the extra work , ...mo' money , mo' money ,...gonna run dat cold away wit tea an' honey

Mariah, ..were you *spinning* at a spinning class at the gym ?, .... never done one myself, but heard from one cyclist they create a good workout, esp. in the off season.

really like the chimp talk , ..btw

My chimp surprised me and felt like joggin' before a short bike ride yesterday, .... all he got was a slow shuffle,

shufflin' and spinnin' ... kinda fun !?
Old 01-22-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Free congrats on 9 months!! I love the quote for today. I hope you feel better soon.

I've been spinning some yarn this morning does that count?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey guys-

Everyone sounds so good! Chick, way to go on not giving into the cravings.

Mariah - the exercise sounds awesome . I've put our whole family on a healthy eating/ ex plan . So far so good but I do have the occasional craving for a big juicy cheeseburger ( and not the healthy kind!).

Free - I LOVE your acceptance quote. I've been working on that lately. I'm a lot more comfortable with getting busy and doing something than just being. I def need to work on more balance in that area .

Top - how ya feeling ? I'm sure you're in the 70 % ... Really . But the waiting has got to be hard. In the meantime , hope you're taking extra good care of yourself.

Up? You OK?

Hope everyone's having a great Thursday /Friday. We're snowed in today so I gave the kids (and myself) a break from school.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post

I've been spinning some yarn this morning does that count?
Yes, yes, .......

Yarn, tall tales, bike cranks, ...anything but rooms, huh !?!

How in the world do you get your chicks' hats to stay on so good ??!!

, ... I'm guessin' a wee rubber stampede string maybe ?
Old 01-22-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lol, they aren't my chicks I wish!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post

Top - how ya feeling ? I'm sure you're in the 70 % ... Really . But the waiting has got to be hard. In the meantime , hope you're taking extra good care of yourself.

Wow, ...snowed in way down in Cowtown
That's got to be rare !?!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Izzy, ....
May be my imagination, but the muscles around my eye seem to be getting a little more relaxed. Not dribbling as much coffee lately either,..
So, ( imo ) it's looking better,....

Now if I could just get the mean old woman in management to act right , ....lol
Having to iron out some silly wrinkles down in the workplace is sometimes downright embarrassing. Mean little people are a funny lot.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi. Just checking in real quick. Still going strong at 3 weeks. I've been lucky not to have to deal with any real urges or temptations yet.

Have a good day everyone