Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 18

Old 03-02-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congrats on 90 days Mariah. Also love the theater.

I like the names obo.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I too love the names obo! So exciting!

Congrats Mariah on 90 days!!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Mariah

what - no Dee, Obo?

D
Old 03-02-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

7.55 am.
back at the desk,

Dee: Couldn't quite squeeze you in......

Mariah: Congrats on 90 days......really good.

Tops: Your an inspiration..... How's it going over there.?

back later,

stay tuned.......................
Old 03-02-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Any word on tests UP?
Old 03-02-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Congrats everyone on their progress...I finally managed to ditch the negative nancy attitude, been good the past day or two...well better then it was...I'm learning that I need to be patient, I'm so so bad when it comes to long term stuff, I want everything right away...gonna continue to maintain this new attitude and not revert back to such harshly negative stuff towards myself...def takes work and dosent just happen cause you start taking some pills and go to therapy...it takes more...and I'm learning to try and not be so frantic with all this
Old 03-02-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

And everyone is right..."it" dosent last forever, even tho in my reality it feels as tho that is truth
Old 03-02-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

My soul is brusied and there is still a scared little boy inside of me that just wants to be loved...
Old 03-02-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're sounding better ST...the more love you can give that little boy, the happier and stronger you'll both get

D
Old 03-02-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Yea that's exactly what I have been thinking...I have been fighting against and trying to push that part of me away and it was ending in failure over and over...I need to embrace and nurture this part of me so the adult "rational" calmer version of me can flourish as well....one dosent have to be the only way, both parts can coexist fluidly within eachother, mainly I just need to focus on not letting myself loose it when things get stressful for me (which is often) I can't get so worked up...still chippin away tho regardless...don't really know day wise how clean I am but as of now and today I'm not doing anything detrimental or hindering to this process
Old 03-02-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Not really Mariah, the doctor wants to wait until my appointment on Friday. I do have some kind of UTI so they called in an antibiotic.
I see the cardiologist tomorrow morning, not sure if he will do any tests or if I'll have to go back.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better ST.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

i dont really feel like talking but wanted to check in. 61 consecutive days. i think this is my record. husband also hasnt drank, i think he's on about day 65. i think that must be helping me succeed.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Up,
Hope those meds will help man,...

Rocks , and Mariah,
Congrats on 3 months y'all !!!

And congrats to you Soli, ..on 2 months

Obo, ..after reading about your name choices, I got caught up all night listening to youtube songs,...the first one
"Annabelle"

..one of my favorites by Gillian Welch

Mariah,...what a beautifully creative job y'all did on Cole's theatre.
Awesome !

Not much here Obo, .....just the usual pedestrian day-to-day projects involving brooms and dishrags, leaf blowers and garden hoses and stuff. Got a good start cleaning the skiff yesterday, .

The bigger news is 72 staircases last night !

Keeping my fingers crossed the cold weather is over. Desperately need a few sunny days in the near future for cycling.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your record Solil.

Hey Up and Top
D
Old 03-02-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Tops, 72 staircases! You keep churning out these record breakers. It's stunningly good stuff!

ST, glad you're sounding so much better. That's a great attitude to have.

Obo, the names are lovely. Hope Mrs Obo is feeling fabulous through her pregnancy, how long to go?

I have a day at home trying to finish these training sessions. I never dreamt it would take me so long, or I would never have agreed to do it. I really want the sessions to go well, because the people who will be attending will also be sacrificing their valuable time. I want them to think it was worth it.

Talking of dreams, last night I had a very vivid dream about drinking. I know why alcohol was on my mind. We had the tv on last night quite early, and during a popular family programme, one of most well known and loved tv/ radio presenters mixed up an alcoholic cocktail containing copious amounts of vodka. I was so shocked and horrified that this was part of a programme that children would be watching, perhaps thinking that this behaviour is "normal". I'm thinking about writing to the the producers because it's not the first time they've used alcohol in the the show.

I'm getting quite sensitive to the way the media seem to "normalise" addictive behaviours.

Sorry, that was a rant! I'll clamber off my soap box and finish my peppermint tea.

Have a great day all.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I can see how that would be upsetting Freein....I think you would be right to send them a letter. I think maybe there should be some type of campaigns showing the effect alcohol has on people & our society.....what it's really like. Sounds like you have put a lot of time & effort into the training sessions & my guess is that it will be very beneficial to everyone. Hope you are done soon so you can take a deep breath & relax

Thinking of you this am UP.

ST - Glad to see you embracing that little boy....giving yourself a break - you deserve it.

Wow with the stairs TOP!! Your sure a busy guy Have a great week!

Solilo congrats on 61 days....that is awesome & so glad your husband has joined you in sobriety...what a great thing! Think of you often.

I started working in the Anxiety & Phobia Workbook again last night.....bought some herbal anxiety relievers yesterday & hoping to get things under control with that this week....yesterday was so hard, its' getting too much. There are things I can be doing to help with this, and that takes action on my part, so action it is

Blessed Day All
Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

God morning Fools,
Rocks and Mariah, congratulations on making it past 90 days! What fabulous progress.
And you, Soli, making it past 60. Breaking your own record is wonderful, and having your husband on board with you must make it feel even better.
Mariah, that puppet theater is fantastic, and such a great gift. I bet your grandson is thrilled with it. I was wondering if you've ever tried rescue remedy for anxiety, it's been very helpful for me. It comes in several forms, I've used it myself, and I've also given it to my daughter niece, sister and dogs, and it helped them all. You can get it at most natural food stores, and Amazon has it too.
Freein, I used to teach jewelry workshops all over the Northwest US, and I found that as soon as the class started, all my worries about it went away, and things went well. The worst part of it was the anxiety I felt before the students showed up, but from the time they did, things just flowed. I think your training sessions will go really well, especially with all of the preparation you've put in. Your employer wouldn't have asked you to do them if you weren't well qualified. I have every confidence in you, and look forward to hearing about how they went after they've happened.
Solitary, I'm glad to hear you expressing more compassion for yourself. You deserve every bit of it. I know how hard it is to wait for results when you want them to be immediate, but being patient with and understanding of yourself is part of the process, and it's really good to see your progress. I know you'll get there.
Obo, I love the names Anna and Jack, and can't wait to hear that he or she has been born. One of my dogs is named Annabelle, and I used to call her Anna, but it's morphed into Annie now. How many more weeks do you have to go? I hope your wife is doing well, and is getting lots of rest and good food.
Topspin, 72 flights of stairs makes me think of Rocky. You must be in fantastic shape at this point. I hope your weather improves enough for you to get out on your bike, but even if it's not immediate, Spring is getting closer every day.
Up, I hope you get good news from the Dr. I tend to isolate myself when I'm home, too, and I'm not quite sure how to pull myself out of that rut. I'd like to be more social in theory, but in reality I'd usually rather be home alone and reading a book. I don't really have any advice to offer, but I can commiserate.
Chick, Izzy, and Dee, I hope you are all doing well.
I'm getting ready for my first show of the season. It's the weekend after next, and is out of town. I stay with friends when I do this one, and it was while staying with them last year for this show that I overdosed myself and didn't expect to wake up ever again, which is what ultimately got me started on this journey. I started tapering myself off of opiates the day after I got home, so even though I've only just hit the 11 month mark for being clean, it's been almost a year since I started working toward that goal. It's hard to believe so much time has past since then.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great to see you post Adna We've missed you here. Thank you...I will check that out. I bought some herbal drops & started am meditation this morning. It makes a huge difference & I MUST make it a priority & stick to it.

Almost ten oclock & I have been on the run all day. Have a good Wednesday everyone
Old 03-03-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-19-a.html