Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 7

Old 01-30-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

good luck zero,
Jack - I used smokeless - just a pinch between your cheek and gum stuff - a BIG pinch. I figure it averaged out to a can a day, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I do remember driving to the store at 2 AM to get some many times...

glad to hear things are becoming bearable down under...

I survived day four - starting day 5, had a glass of water and 1 grapefruit for breakfast.
wasn't as anxious this morning. Still feel it though - hard to explain. I think after today it will be more mental than anything - I haven't chewed gum at all. Every time I 'tried' to quit in the past I would chew gum. I decided no gum this time. Only had a slight headache last evening.
Enjoy your Friday.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
waking down

You're doing good, Brian. I was young when I quit tobacco. Used a kind of self hypnosis and convinced myself it was disgusting. It really is. Try not to be the rabid anti-tobacco guy I was. Obnoxious.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

ya know, I noticed a friend of mine always has a carafe of wine going in the evening. It's become more noticeable over the year. I began to realize she probably drinks a whole bottle+ of wine every night. But it's none of my business. Since I quit drinking, I haven't told anyone else they drink too much or offered any comments what-so-ever about the subject. I don't plan on becoming a holier than thou type of person regarding drinking, tobacco use or whatever. Although I have zero respect for cheaters and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion on that. But if you want to eat ice cream smothered in bacon crumble 4 X a day and smoke 3 packs of cigs, enjoy. Just don't light up near me - or I move away.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
waking down

It's about being nonjudgemental, bit also about maintaining positive relationships. I have some friends that party and when I first quit drinking they avoided me. Now that they realize I don't judge they're comfortable enough. Even invited me to a superbowl party. Of course, I can't go cuz I can't really walk, but at least they still include me. And now that I'm confident in my sobriety I enjoy hanging with them.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey peeps. Happy weekend!
Old 01-31-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
It's about being nonjudgemental, bit also about maintaining positive relationships. I have some friends that party and when I first quit drinking they avoided me. Now that they realize I don't judge they're comfortable enough. Even invited me to a superbowl party. Of course, I can't go cuz I can't really walk, but at least they still include me. And now that I'm confident in my sobriety I enjoy hanging with them.
Zero, I don't know what happened to cause all these injuries but you really have a full plate. Positive energy to you. You're dealing with a lot.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

happy weekend TL, and all
looks like you got a break from the heat, it's minus 14 here and windy...
Old 01-31-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

-30C here, and sunny. (wind chill of -35 according to the weather network). Fresh light snow cover. Maybe do the year's first cross country skiing today. Have a new puppy, a black lab / boxer cross, who I know would love to head into the woods with us. Frisky frisky animal!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jackrussell View Post
-30C here, and sunny. (wind chill of -35 according to the weather network). Fresh light snow cover. Maybe do the year's first cross country skiing today. Have a new puppy, a black lab / boxer cross, who I know would love to head into the woods with us. Frisky frisky animal!
Minus 30C?!!? Guess I'll stop complaining about 19 degrees F!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Puppy! What's the puppy's name?

The weather has been balmy and perfect today.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

-30C ? , I suppose when you get below - 20 it makes no diff...

supposed to get snow today into tomorrow, that means I put on my chauffeur hat...

going into day 7 nicotine free, woke up relaxed, also didn't have coffee for a couple days, I'll drink it if it's there, but I don't need it
Old 02-01-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

A balmy -16C today! Sunny and calm. TL: the pup is a rescue. She came with the name Daphne, which was tentatively changed to...Bonnie (Rait). But I think she'll become Yoli, after a character in a novel (All my Puny Sorrows). Whew! Dog naming ain't that easy.
Congrats on Day 7 of nicotine freedom, LB.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
waking down

Stuporbowl time. I think I have strep.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well done on 7 nicotine free days LBrain!

Jackrussell - My cat came to live with me when she was 2. She already had a name but even though I didn't like it, I didn't change it because I can't think what to call her. She has a lot of nicknames instead - sweetiepie, mama's girl, kittycat etc. She doesn't seem to mind :-)

Hope the strep throat doesn't stop you enjoying Suberb Owl Sunday, Zero! What a wonderful tradition!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

One of the best Super Bowls ever! What a game!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
waking down

Sad last few seconds, but great game otherwise.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

just like the packers should not have lost to the hawks at the end, the seahawks should have won that game... it was difficult watching it streaming plugged into tv - lot's of start/stop video

I made it a week no nicotine - had some coffee this am for warm drink outside clearing slush in the dark, then drove to pick up my bride from work,

she has clinical sessions at the hospital in afternoon - so I drive so she can get as much sleep as possible in between,
Old 02-02-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sad last few seconds, but great game otherwise.
Don't understand the last call. If I had Lynch in my backfield I would bet on him to get a yard- or fake it to h o m and let Wilson to a quarterback keeper around the outside. But what do I know?
Old 02-02-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
waking down

Everybody agrees with you, Vet.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Everybody agrees with you, Vet.
So, we had two of the biggest games in football determined by incredible errors.- (1) a Green Bay lineman can't cover an o n side kick that would have put them in the Super Bowl and (2) an incomprehensible call on first and goal with one yard to go that t that I might have made as old as I am . Ain't life fascinating?!?!