# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2014 Part 6

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 12-22-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. You do a good job managing the forum support. Above al,l provide great support and insight to help us all quit our misery. Thank you.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
How's everyone feel I b g today? . I'm looking forward to getting Xmas and New Year over and done with and back to normal, what a grump lol. Not worried about Xmas but slightly concerned about New Year. I've drank the past few New Years and regretted it hugely afterwards! I'm actually feeling very strong about not drinking then but I guess I'm a bit scared because it is a biggie to get through. I'm aware though so that helps a lot. Anybody else pinpointing possible trigger points over the holidays. I.e. meal times, New Year, post holidays?. Peace X
Old 12-22-2014, 01:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well back in the home country for a week so every second of every day is a battle not to drink pints of Guinness. Will hang in there though. Yesterday afternoon I would gladly have swapped a hand for a couple of pints.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just checking in, feeling blah today, hopefully a workout will help.
Stay strong Ubntubnt!
Peacehappyness - you will be fine, at 50+ days you have a lot of momentum to get you through
Have a great day all!
Old 12-22-2014, 02:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, Thanks for your kind words and thoughts once again. Welcome danejah01! This is a top group of people in this thread.

So I think I was in shock during and after my hospital experience yesterday. I'm increasingly horrified that I had to go through such an awful experience as tardive dystonia. The hospital staff were surprised when I told them why I had been prescribed haloperidol (for anxiety and withdrawals). I have done some research too. It can be used to prevent hallucinations and delirium tremens but I don't think it should have been given to me, with fairly mild withdrawal symptoms. I've been NOT drinking a lot more than I HAVE been drinking in the last 3 weeks.

I am now feeling a bit angry about it. I was in there with the prescribing Dr for maybe 8 minutes, and he didn't even seem to see me, let alone listen to what I was telling him about my situation. When I mentioned anxiety to him, he responded with 'A lot of alkies are depressive'.

I'm not depressed - I know what it is to be depressed and that's not me right now. The anxiety exists as a separate thing to the alcoholism too, although of course alcohol exacerbates it. Ah, good vent! Thanks for reading. I'm feeling a lot better, and soon the pain in my neck, back and jaw (from spasms) will abate. Thank you all, you guys are the best, I'm so glad to be here with you all

PS I hope my description of medical treatment/drugs is ok to post... Dee?

Last edited by TopEndChick; 12-22-2014 at 02:31 AM. Reason: typos and poor grammar!
Old 12-22-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TEC as nasty and ugly as the experience was it is not a reason to drink again so don't let the AV convince you so. Only staying off the booze can clear up this mess for you so stay strong.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks ubnt. I'm not drinking. I don't feel up to it, to be honest! My medication for this evening is chicken soup and viennetta ice cream
Old 12-22-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds perfect!
Old 12-22-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words guys

D
Old 12-22-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning folks.

Emotionally exhausting day yesterday. The long and short of it is a bunch of plans were made without my consultation and my kids were not exactly well behaved. That being said, got through it and essentially went straight to bed after the kids. So all's well that ends well.

Have to work M-W this week. Kind of glad. Free time is my enemy.

TEC, glad you seem to be feeling a bit better.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks TX. Well done, sounds like it was pretty rough for you. You didn't pick up, and that indicates that you are starting to get a hold of this AV business Hope your road smooths out a little in the coming days.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ubnt, if anyone can get through this, it's you.
peace, you are doing so amazing! I think it's great that you're feeling good but also, not letting your guard down. I always get myself into trouble when I'm less than hyper-vigilant, which has been too often lately. *sigh*
TX, good for you for making it through the chaos. I don't know how old your kids are, but it used to drive me nuts when people would over-schedule things and then act puzzled when they didn't behave.
TEC, I don't know anything about that medication, but I am SO happy you're on the mend.

I have to work today (and probably tomorrow), which will be a bit stressful because I have to bring my kids to my brother's house. I hate to burden them, so I'll be thinking about that when I'm at work. My husband planned to take off, but now he has to work, which is how things usually go. I'm trying to focus on the fun, festive elements of this week, and there are many! My niece and nephew (3 and 1) are still in the "wonder" phase of Christmas, and it's just so adorable.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 12-22-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning. On our way to Orlando. This is the first trip not starting with a drink. In the past, what ever time of the day the trip was to begin, it started with a shot. It didn't matter driving or flying. Today I am realizing the risk we took going trips drunk. God what an idiot I was.

TEC, you seem a bit better. Hope you recover soon.

Ubnt, stay strong. I bet you won't regret not having the pint of guiness.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Thanks Dee
How's everyone feel I b g today? . I'm looking forward to getting Xmas and New Year over and done with and back to normal, what a grump lol. Not worried about Xmas but slightly concerned about New Year. I've drank the past few New Years and regretted it hugely afterwards! I'm actually feeling very strong about not drinking then but I guess I'm a bit scared because it is a biggie to get through. I'm aware though so that helps a lot. Anybody else pinpointing possible trigger points over the holidays. I.e. meal times, New Year, post holidays?. Peace X
Concerned about Christmas dinner with the extended family. Just preparing myself to say no when the wine is offered.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Almost anything can be a trigger for me these days. For me, it comes down to how vulnerable I am feeling at any given moment. Most of the time I shake it off. One phrase from AA that always come back to me - Cunning, baffling, powerful.

Shake it off!
Old 12-22-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning Team. Quick check in. Must catch up!

Day 23.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

We all sound a bit drained, maybe it is me, this rainy weather has me down, my oldest daughter was sick last week and that carried over to the youngest this week, my wife is freaking out that she still has tons of "stuff" to do and somehow it is my fault because I still want to get my workouts in (what one has to do with the other considering I workout in the morning when everyone is asleep I'll never know!!) It will be Christmas lite this year, only around 10 family members so it isn't like that crazy. I got to work and I really like everyone and the presents are great, but this year I think the AV sent a memo that a really great gift for me would be gift cards to Total Wine & More, I must have $200 in gift cards....that AV is a sneaky B**tard
TEC - I'm glad you are doing better, that is really terrible with the medication!
Groundhog Day - just let the wine pass, no one will notice, try not to feel pressured it most likely all in your mind.
He19me - I'm so jealous! I hope you are going to Disney World, one of my favorite places and one where I can stay sober. We took the kids there 2 years ago and were so busy that we couldn't even think about drinking. The first drink I had was on the plane ride home...so tired. Hope you have fun.
TX - been there many times, glad you made it through.
Well, the workout this am help alittle, but not much. Stay strong everyone!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Good morning Team. Quick check in. Must catch up!

Day 23.
I knew I missed someone
Great job Applekat, your name puts a smile on my face!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I like the kitten on the apple. Perfect