Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 13

Old 10-06-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
p***enger

How are you feeling today, Dee?

Ready, when do you go to Greece? Are Ready Jr & your fellow going too?

Tam, I hope the sinuses are better. Is Fla a bad climate for you? It seems a shame you suffer so much with your sinuses, even after the tonsillectomy.

Life, continued.

I hope every one of us from December 2012 continues to thrive in sobriety or whatever works best for each one.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Thanks for asking courage, actually. It got worse and I had a bad nosebleed at work and went to the doc today and found out I was allergic to the nasal spray. So I'm steroids because the infection is gone but the swelling isn't. That's where that is at. I also have a few much needed days off coming up. I don't know if Florida is affecting it.... My partner got a new job, I get new and much better insurance soon and am going to go to an allergist. When I drank I always had these problems but I just drank over them... Wow.

How are you doing courage? Still going to meetings?

Dee, I am sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Thinking positive thoughts for you.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry guys - I'm fine now. Don't know what it was but I'm back to fighting fit

Sorry about your troubles Tam - I know humidity can affect my sinuses a lot?

D
Old 10-11-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Sorry to hear you have been ill Dee & Tam Glad you are feeling better Dee. how are you now Tam? I hope the allergist manages to get the the bottom of what is causing the problems for you. i know what you mean about when we drank we just covered these things up. Sometimes I feel I'm ill far too often now but think I was alwyas like that but, like you, just covered it up or ignored it.

Great news on the driving Tam I can't imagine my child driving - how quickly the years are flying by! That's happy news your partner having got a new job. How are you getting on at work now?

courage - how are you? how's the new piercing, all ok i hope We're off to Greece in 2 sleeps - I'm very excited now!!Yes jr and new mr also coming along. we're flying from England so driving there tomorrow and staying overnight there before flying out the next morning.

Anyway I will be thinking of you all whilst sipping non alcoholic cocktails by the pool
Old 10-13-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hey all, just stopping by. Had a good thanksgiving weekend up here, two turkey dinners so that was great. Not much on the go, just wrapping up our construction season here, another 6 weeks or so to go then a little downtime. Been trying to give up the cig's here, did the Champix thing and while haven't kicked them I'm at least down about 70% of what I was doing before so thats at least going the right direction.

Really that's about it, October finally which is the best month by far, I love fall the most. Baseball playoffs, football in full swing and hockey just started again last week so not lacking in stuff to watch.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Gonzo

D
Old 10-18-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
p***enger

Glad your Thanksgiving was good, Gonzo -- why have I been imagining you in North Carolina? Good golfing country, there, but I expect not so much hockey as in BC. I was in Vancouver once -- a beautiful city.

Tam, is your son parallel parking and merging onto freeways yet? (Not parallel parking on freeways, that would be a mistake )

Dee -- I hope you're well & having some fun! Staying balanced -- not too much of us tedious old drunks, ok?

Ready, write & tell about Greece!

I'm good -- I have a ton of stuff going on, getting in all-but-fistfights at work because there's actually a little corner there I'm interested in, and I'm standing up for it. LOL no one's ever seen me make an effort before! They thought I was some kind of sleep-mode robot-bitch when I was drinking. Now I'm turned on and full humanoid!

But it's exhausting mentally and emotionally, trying for stuff.

Son is coming to town in a few days with a British work visa and a one-way ticket out of the country. I believe his wifey has already dropped out of school there, so the future isn't rosey, but I understand there's good sheep farming in New Zealand.

Later, gators!
Old 10-22-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

hello I'm back!! Had a wonderful time - felt like I was in some Ancient Greek novel it was so archaic. Nightmare journey back and so tired. will check in properly and update over weekend. hope you are all well.x
Old 10-30-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Ready -- update the thread on your Greek adventures when you can!

Hi Tam, Gonzo, Dee, and any lurkers

All's well in my neck of the woods. I have a weird AA date with an elaborate society dame in a couple of nights -- that may (or may not) make for a story. Work is like trying to dig myself out of quicksand, but what else is new?

I don't miss drinking -- I'm glad of that, because I see a lot of people on the forums who seem to still have a love of it. I have a love of alcohol, but I feel I'm done with drinking (holding always in reserve that ultimate possibility). It's like window shopping for diamonds -- I don't expect to buy any.

Lovely to look upon, heaven to touch
It's a real shame they got to cost so much
Old 11-25-2015, 10:45 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi Long time no speak. I was just reading about it being Thanksgiving day and thought about my SR friends in the US. Hope you all have a lovely day and weekend. Do you get holiday from work? Is it a long weekend? Have a great time whatever you do.

It is a holiday weekend in Scotland this weekend too as St.Andrews day on Monday so taking Jr RAL away for a couple of days. I've not had a chance to catch up on all the posts but will read properly (and post ) when back.

Hope you are all doing well. Can you believe we're nearly into another December!!
Old 12-01-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

So we're in December again Decemberites

3 years since we first met. Hope you are all well. Thinking of you all.x
Old 12-01-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi gang

D
Old 12-01-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, how are you?
Old 12-01-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm good thanks RAL - hope you are too?

D
Old 12-02-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Pleased to hear that Dee. I'm ok thanks though envious of all the lovely hot weather you will be having in Oz It's freezing here
Old 12-03-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hey all, still quiet here looks like, just stopping in to say hey on the 3 year anniversary.

Hope everyone is doing well and set for another holiday season.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hi Gonzo,hope you're doing ok.

Also thinking some of our other classmates might check in soon seeing as we're in December.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's actually a bit *too* hot for me RAL

Hey Gonzo

D
Old 12-03-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Doing good here RAL, work is wrapping up for another season so a little downtime coming here for a few weeks which will be good. Just doing the staycation thing. Been trying to get some new hobbies going, doing some sketching again and started out with those little indoor quadcopters. It's pretty fun, and the cats go ballistic as it hovers around the kitchen/living room so it entertains the whole clan here.

Heya Dee.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-14-a.html

D