Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 13

Old 03-24-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

A lot of people do that kind of landscaping here, gonzo. I want to do all banana leaf and elephant ears in the front yard and let it look like a jungle. No mowing and they don't need maintenance and I would have privacy from the street. We will see.

Off to a meeting (much needed), and then to do some email stuff for the studio. I'll upload some of the photos that my partner did, they won't break anyone's anonymity and I'm so proud of her, they are awesome!
Old 03-24-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
p***enger

Looking forward to the photos, Tam!

Gonzo, you too -- you used to give photos of your cats. I miss them! Plants are good too.

I was interviewed today for a high-readership publication in my field. Rather nervous-making. I have to give the heads-up to a lot of mucky-mucks in NYC and I'm of course afraid I've done something wrong, maybe even illegal. I hope not! Down, paranoia!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

No paranoia! Don't worry, just wait and see what happens.

Here are a few of the photos from the fitness studio, I'm in one of them! Lol https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

We also put up backsplash this past weekend. http://flic.kr/p/ruYAF2
Old 03-24-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure it'll be fine Courage

D
Old 03-24-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
p***enger

Tam, I can't find the backsplash, but I love the exercise photos, especially the one about "my favorite bar" LOL! I think I see you!

I just hope I didn't lie to the reporter lady. Sometimes I still feel like I'm in a glass house. All's good tho -- well, except this crazy twitching eye!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have that too

D
Old 03-25-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Oh the rascals are fine:

Old 03-25-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Don't know why the first one doesn't want to rotate properly.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
p***enger

Gonzo, honestly you have the most beautiful cats.

Rotate properly? The photos are rotated fine. One of the cats is rotated pretty oddly, but looks happy about it.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Uhh that's weird, when I had posted that the first one was rotated 90°. Fine now.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

In AA, we give out our phone numbers to all new people - women to women, men to men (except in the gay meetings, then we all just give numbers). Last night I got my first phone call from that.... And it was after 10 and she was sloshed. And she got mad and hung up on me. :-S she kept saying she needed help and I would say with what and that would set her off. Oy vey
Old 03-29-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

hi everyone

Sorry to have been away for so long. no particular reason just a bit down tbh though feeling better today. Our clocks went forward last night and I always feel better after that-Spring & summer are on the way.

Tam, don't ever worry about sounding off on here. that is what we are for how are things at work? Love the photos. Your wife is very talented - who knows where this could lead. It must be great to be able to make a career out of something you love

courage - how are things? i'm sure you did super well in the interview Any news on your son's wedding plans? Have they decided where they might like to live?

gonzo - your cats are beautiful. My cat came into heat for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Last week I took her to the vet to be spayed.Luckily she is now fine though has a very large bald patch. I think in the US or maybe just in cities it is normal to keep cats indoors. It is different in the UK, especially where I live as it is so remote. That said, she never wanders beyond the garden but I still wouldn't want a tom cat getting to her

I started work a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying it. I will be doing more days in April onwards as it is in a tourist place so we will get busier at Easter. It feels good to be working with others and interacting rather than just working alone.

Relationship issues but I'm pleased with the way I'm dealing with it. It is interesting to see me from the outside compared to how I was 10 years ago when drinking and I had relationship issues. I really do seem like a different person. how true that stopping drinking totally changes us and turns our lives upside down - for the better of course

I hope everyone is doing well and happy
Old 03-29-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
p***enger

Tam, I have to hand it to you -- I don't want to take calls from a drunk. I hate to see newcomers here when they post drunk. I feel so pointless. I know there's nothing I can say or do for them. And at least on SR our responses are something they can look back at the next day, or that someone else can read. On the phone, I'd think, what good is it?

Ready, sorry to hear about your relationship issues, but I think you're pretty amazing to be venturing into so much new territory -- it's really a testament to your sobriety that you seem to be handling change very well. I know it must feel rocky sometimes though.

I finished work towards a couple of deadlines last week -- the whole month of April is going to be kind of challenging. I really want to cut out right now to tell the truth. I'd almost convinced myself earlier tonight that I could have 1 shot of vodka. Or that when I fly to Chicago in a couple of weeks, I can take an afternoon to myself there and get trashed. But I can't. It wouldn't be any good. Why bother?

This is a passage I read today: "'This malady doth commonly accompany them to their grave; physicians may ease, and it may lie hid for a time, but they cannot quite cure it, but it will return again more violent and sharp than at first, and that upon every small occasion or error' ... there will be some relics of melancholy left in the purest bodies (if once tainted), not so easily to be rooted out."

Has anyone seen the new orange SR? I can't be the first to think, it's enough to drive you to drink!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Howdy! I remember when I posted every day... I needed it but now, I go for days, and I still need it. Jeez.

RAL, I'm glad you're feeling better with Spring. Is it really gray where you are during the winter? I'm lucky, it's green all year where I am, but I grew up in Philadelphia and can still remember how gray it was and feeling down about it. And we do keep our cats inside, at least in the cities... I have two rescue cats and it is a condition of their adoption, so they're not out there causing ruckuses. Lol

Courage, I feel bad that I didn't call her back in the am. Maybe I should. Any word on your interviewed so, how are you? And Dee!

No news here. Work, working out, my partner is setting up appointments to do the photos of all the coaches at the studio, I have her and idea for a logo and she made it... It is pretty cool and she is going to make a business facebook page.

Everyone have a good day!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Tam!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello COD 2012 just want to wish you all a happy easter
Old 04-03-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
p***enger

How sweet, Soberwolf! Thanks, and happy Easter to you, too! And to all the Decembrists!

Where are those funny bunnies? Ah, here!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

oh it can be very grey here in winter Tam but it's not too bad. We have sunny days though very cold and surrounded by green fields and sea so still pretty. At least it doesn't rain as much as where I used to live-that was just dreary.

I've been busy working, really liking it though learning plenty of new things. Very basic and switch off when i leave which is a refreshing change not having clients, bosses or anyone ringing me, emailing me or making any demands on my time outside working hours. Low paid but surprisingly fun.

Happy Easter everyone. What plans do you all have?
Old 04-03-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

no plans here RAL

have a good one everybody

D
Old 04-04-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Lol I love those!!